Sign in to follow this  
morty

Jez Moxey

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="VanWink"]Interesting that many on here were bemoaning Moxey for being appointed as a lap dog for Delia. Shows how little we really know.[/quote]Good point.[/quote]

Even lap dogs get smacked for piddling on the carpet

so we want stone because he connects well with the fans?

I agree that it communication is important, but at best its only a small part of their role and probably only 4th/5th on my list of abilities needed from a CEO.

[quote user="ZLF"]so we want stone because he connects well with the fans?

I agree that it communication is important, but at best its only a small part of their role and probably only 4th/5th on my list of abilities needed from a CEO.[/quote]I think the fact that he has already carried out the role, albeit temporarily, has to stand him in good stead. Also he is well placed to know what is expected of the role, and what the board expect of him, and how he fits in with the club moving forward.It would seem a pretty common sense choice.

Bloody hell! Talk about easy money, turn up say promotion,promotion,promotion and then put another million in the bank!!

There is nothing wrong with the world we live in at all!

By the way did I tell you guys that I once won fifa world cup on the gameboy, do you think that might get me the job;)

It is all a bit concerning.

My gut feel is the club works best when the majority shareholders take a step back and let the more commercial/football minded people take control. We''re now in a situation that our board consists of Delia and Michael, their nephew and their friend Ed Balls.

I don''t know if Moxey is good at his job and I have zero idea of whether he needed to go or not. I am certain though that we need more footballing knowledge on the board, someone with fresh eyes from outside of our current circle and someone who will be left alone to do their job.

[quote user="king canary"]It is all a bit concerning.

My gut feel is the club works best when the majority shareholders take a step back and let the more commercial/football minded people take control. We''re now in a situation that our board consists of Delia and Michael, their nephew and their friend Ed Balls.

I don''t know if Moxey is good at his job and I have zero idea of whether he needed to go or not. I am certain though that we need more footballing knowledge on the board, someone with fresh eyes from outside of our current circle and someone who will be left alone to do their job.[/quote]It sounds, though, like Jez was probably left to do things his own way. A way that may well have worked at Wolves, but quickly proved to be not working here.The FA cup ticket prices, the awkward staged interview, the disconnect between the club and various fan groups.I think Jez has been used to a much more autocratic role in previous jobs.

Maybe- but a falling out with Delia suggested maybe he wasn''t.

My concern is that we''ll allow this situation to let the club retreat further in on itself- promoting Stone and not looking outside.

[quote user="king canary"]Maybe- but a falling out with Delia suggested maybe he wasn''t.

My concern is that we''ll allow this situation to let the club retreat further in on itself- promoting Stone and not looking outside.[/quote]Delia isn''t stupid, and could clearly see that what Jez was doing was driving a wedge between the club and the fans, so like I said, he was probably, initially, given licence to run things how he saw fit, but quite quickly it was seen to be at odds as to how we do things here.Yeah I see what you''re saying about Stone, and I hope that they pick the best man for the job too. But I don''t think CEO''s with the required experience of this job, are exactly ten a penny. And I doubt we''d go down the road of poaching someone who is already employed.

Was he really driving a wedge between the club and the fans though? Sure the FA Cup pricing wasn''t smart but the real bone of contention (in my opinion anyway) was the insistence of hanging on to Alex Neil, something that I''m sure doesn''t come just from Moxey.

As I say, I don''t know if he was good at his job and I don''t think any of us do. Clearly the board decided he wasn''t as it their want. But yet again it raises more questions about those running the club.

[quote user="king canary"]Was he really driving a wedge between the club and the fans though? Sure the FA Cup pricing wasn''t smart but the real bone of contention (in my opinion anyway) was the insistence of hanging on to Alex Neil, something that I''m sure doesn''t come just from Moxey.

As I say, I don''t know if he was good at his job and I don''t think any of us do. Clearly the board decided he wasn''t as it their want. But yet again it raises more questions about those running the club.[/quote]Well I don''t think he was helping matters, and yes, some fans wanting Alex sacked didn''t exactly make things harmonious, but the things I listed above just made things worse. A softer approach would have maybe been more prudent until things settled down, results wise.I don''t think Jez was at all comfortable being around fans, I don''t think he came across well at all at the AGM (based on what people told me, I didn''t go) I don''t think they did things that way at Wolves. Hence not many Wolves fans having much good to say about him.Yeah, in hindsight, not a good appointment. But its always easier with hindsight. I don''t think many of us knew much about McNally before he came here.

Maybe it''s just me but I''m not that fussed if our CEO is good with the fans. Doncaster was great with the fans, always emailed people back, available to talk, wrote some decent newspaper columns. Not great at his actual job though.

If PR skills were a big deal for Delia and co then why hire him in the first place?

Yeah that''s a reasonable point.

But I think the whole " community club that listens to fans" is a pretty big deal for quite a few.

So the conspiracy theories range from being Delia''s puppet to p*ssing on the carpet. Let''s all take a breath and allow True Grit to check out his contacts.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZLF"]so we want stone because he connects well with the fans?

I agree that it communication is important, but at best its only a small part of their role and probably only 4th/5th on my list of abilities needed from a CEO.[/quote]I think the fact that he has already carried out the role, albeit temporarily, has to stand him in good stead. Also he is well placed to know what is expected of the role, and what the board expect of him, and how he fits in with the club moving forward.It would seem a pretty common sense choice.[/quote]

But did he carry out the role. Throughout the time he was carrying out the role we were told he was carrying out the role. But afterwards we were told Ed Balls was actually carrying out the role because Stone needed his help. If that is the case it would suggest that he''s perhaps not the man for the job.

I think I am missing something here but why do posters supporting Steve Stone think he would be a good appointment.

I can see that he could well be a good choice for leading all things administrative - including finance (obviously), and PR.

But with a board otherwise comprised of those with no or limited football expertise, surely we would need a CEO to be able to provide expert football advice to the board to plug that gap. Similarly even if you put transfer matters in AN''s hands you would still need a CEO (in our set up) to have football expertise to provide a check and balance.

From what I have read Steve Stone does not have that in his background, and whilst he may have a learnt a bit in his time as interim CEO with us, that is hardly the depth of experience we need.

[quote user="king canary"]Was he really driving a wedge between the club and the fans though? Sure the FA Cup pricing wasn''t smart but the real bone of contention (in my opinion anyway) was the insistence of hanging on to Alex Neil, something that I''m sure doesn''t come just from Moxey.

As I say, I don''t know if he was good at his job and I don''t think any of us do. Clearly the board decided he wasn''t as it their want. But yet again it raises more questions about those running the club.[/quote]

THIS.

Moxey''s lack of interactions was certainly not helping things but the real wedge between the fans and the club has been created by the Neil situation and the Times Interview. The price for the cup tickets is a complete red herring.

An upgrade is needed to the management team. External equity is needed to avoid a gradual slide to tier 3. Neither of these requirements preclude the current owners maintaining their interest but would require a change in their apparent perspectives on these matters.

The statement says

''Board takes time to deliberate on a fresh approach to how we go about our business and secure the best future structure for the Club.''

Implying they are looking at the structure, not the incumbents as yet. I think we can expect more twists and turns with out BOD on this.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Why are people saying we should appoint Steve Stone as CEO when we were told (dubiously in my book but we were told nonetheless) that Balls had to step in during the summer because Stone needed help?

Balls who got £90k for appointing Moxey. An appointment that has failed and probably cost us a lot of money if we''ve had to agree a payoff.[/quote]
There was no mention of that when Steve Stone did our fans forum at the end of last July. He made it very clear he was Interim ceo, was enjoying it and had applied for the job permanently.
As ''''Smith must score'''' say Steve came over very knowledgeable, very professional at the forum and had been working closely with David McNally for 18 months so has got a taste for the job,  I for one hope he proves himself over the next few months and is maybe considered again.

@diane

Without meaning to be rude, I couldn''t care less if Stone was impressive at a fans forum. It doesn''t mean he is good for the job.

@Diane

I don''t doubt that. Indeed he may well be up to the job. All I am saying is something doesn''t add up given that we have retrospectively been told Balls was actually acting CEO during this period.

So Jez probably shouted at little Tommy and his sobbing woke up his auntie and uncle long enough to stop their geriatric dribbling. They then got that nice man they saw on Strictly to have a word and it went pear shaped from there.

I think Jez is the lucky one in getting away from a Board only Spitting Image could do justice to.

We''re Fu(ked I''m afraid....

Moxey was ineffective with at best a modest track record. It would seem that the rest of the board got rid of him as his views did not accord with their vision. all set up for the appointment of a yes man then in which case why bother. Mc Nalley was far from perfect but he seemed confident enough to put forward his own views

Heard a wild rumour that Moxey was responsible for slashing the Colney budget so much that training matches had to be ''shirts vs skins'' and allegedly when confronted by Delia he said her cooking smelt like Michael Turner''s shinpads

[quote user=" Badger"]I''d be interested in a solicitor''s view on all this settlement talk. My understanding is that as he has only worked for us for 6 months he will have accrued very few employment rights - the qualifying period for unfair dismissal is two years isn''t it?+ he''s not on a footballer''s fixed term contract that has to be paid up in full.I''m sure there be payment in lieu of notice + some other money to sugar the pill but I can''t see why there would be a big pay off.[/quote]

One month''s pay would seem to be appropriate

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Payment in lieu of notice appears to be what McNally got. If Moxey is on a decent contract he probably gets a years pay.[/quote]

McNally got almost two years pay!

[quote user="VanWink"]It''s not looking too good Jim.

A period of poor judgment and decision making equalled only by his failure as a politician.[/quote]

But hasn''t his dancing come on?