Sign in to follow this  
morty

Jez Moxey

Bit disappointed that we don''t have any decent rumors about Moxey at the club.

Someone must know something, or at least you could make up a good rumour.

Please

The way the club has been run from the top these last few years shows a level of amateurism unbefitting and unrivalled by a supposedly top thirty football club.

To say I''m over the moon is an understatement, get rid of Balls and I''ll be in heaven.

I think Maxey himself is no great loss but he was not the problem at our club. I suspect he could foresee how he would be made the scapegoat when the impossible, unsustainable path we are headed down leads to failure. He has already been made a scapegoat by many when he''s not really to blame. He''s not handled things well with the fans admittedly but he''s only been with us 6 months.

Balls better not get on the payroll again for looking for his replacement.

Is it really a big deal though? If things weren''t working out, at least both parties agreed that they needed to see out the January transfer window first.As for his role, I didn''t see him complaining much when Wolves bombed in League One, with Ståle Solbakken and Dean Saunders guiding the ship.

There was the incident when Delia''s mum was taken out to dinner, the KFC drive-thru on Mile Cross Lane.

She''s not on to complain, but she was hoping for a quarter pounder with cheese from MacDonalds, ended up a fiery zinger fillet right where you wouldn''t really want it.

At least he had a good stock of wipes in his motor.

Well Poxy Moxey certainly lived up to his nmame!  Absolutely brilliant news!  Fantastic news! I''m over the moon and far away! [:D][:D][:D]Here''s hoping there''s more to follow!!! [Y]It would be interesting to know how much this debacle has cost the club? [:^)]Will Balls-Up be pocketing any more £90k''s? [:#]

Not sorry to see the back of Moxey. Never wanted him in the first place, absolutely shocking track record and his managerial appointments are a joke. Comes across as a total slimeball.
Presumably he''ll go on to have great success selling dodgy second hand motors or similar.
To be honest, I''d take Steve Stone if there''s no outstanding candidate in the running. He knows the club, he impressed the fans last time around and he seems competent and capable. If there''s someone truly outstanding in the running then fine, but I''d rather give Stone a chance (if he wants it) than go with some mediocre numpty like Moxey just because they''ve been CEO before. Having experience and being good are not the same thing.
I''d love McNally to come back but I think we''re going to have to let that one go as it''s never going to happen.

Well that went well.  Poor appointment in the first place, I suppose we must be thankful they realised their mistake, or did they?

So delighted he has gone but some realities

1. By mutual consent normally means they agreed a big settlement

2. You can read NOTHING into the statement it will have been agreed by both parties and means nothing certainly not the truth

3. It does not mean there is new problems at the club

4. There remains issues in the board room regardless

5. Getting the next appointment right is critical

OTBC

Moxey certainly did not appear to wish to communicate with fans. Maybe he wanted to change the manager but was overruled by the owners? Or, he didn''t want the blame for the all but inevitable struggle with relegation to tier three next season. But heyho we''re a non-greedy, no ambition, ''community club'' (whatever that means) and the majority of supporters appear to be happy frantically clapping. So, we face a proper manager next. That won''t end well. You couldn''t make it up.

I''ve no idea what he did or didn''t do as CEO, but he never looked comfortable in interviews and for that matter in a lot of photos.  Never seemed to be a good fit. Maybe he thought he was comng to a happy little community club in the sticks that would be a bit easier than his Wolves job - well if  that was so I am sure he found out pretty quickly that would not be the case.  I suppose the clashes mentioned were as a result of him trying to insist on certain things - maybe a new manager - and being voted down by the rest of the board.  The cup match pricing was bizzarre too, which may have caused him problems.  As with Lambert, no-one will really know what happened  (unless we are a poster in the know but won''t say) so it''s mostly guesswork.  Just hope whoever they appoint next has a bit more empathy with the fans. CEO is a tough gig - McNally was better with the fans of course and at least showed a bit of connection/passion for the club.  Not that he was universally liked, by all accounts......   Do we really need a CEO from outside the club? Steve Stone sounds a good shout to me - someone from within who will at least be familiar with the club and the way the board works.

I think Steve Stone would be a bit of a lazy appointment but with the window closed I don''t think we need to rush into an appointment.

If this has cost us a large settlement etc then the board have to take responsibility for picking the wrong man. Like I say it doesn''t look great on the club having an experienced CEO come in and only lasting 6 months.

My personal opinion is you could really do with a name in that CEO position primarily for dealing with agents and transfers etc. McNally had a name in the game and for the most part I think that benefited us.

I suppose it''s just a matter of crossing Moxey''s name off the shortlist that was produced by the managerial recruitment agency. But it wouldn''t surprise me if he was never on it!

What McNally up to these days?...

In all honesty, I do wonder if investment was an issue - maybe Moxey tried to make the point that the club''s ambitions of being a Premier League club without new investment was a complete non-starter, and tried to make that point?

Maybe he wasn''t happy with the club being gifted to Nephew Tom without any extra investment?

trouble is here we have two sets of villains - the owners and Jezza.

is it that Jezza had some decent plans (manager, recruitment, infrastructure, removal of Ricky M & external investment secured) that the owners didnt want and thats what they fell out making his removal the wrong decision or was it that he genuinely was a totally ineffective t055p0t where the ticket prices on top of lack of fan engagement was what done him for and the board have made the right decision?

There is more to this story.

As for who, suggestions of Tom seem wrong, he is owner-regent, which seems incompatible with the CEO role. Esp as we have always paid well for the footballing experience the owners lack; Tom does not have that.

Ditto steve stone.

None of us saw McNally - hopefully last summers search identified a similar less know candidate than moxey who is keen to become one of the highest paid CEOs. There are good candidates out there.

Fresh eyes and external energy are needed - ricky, tom steve would be the wrong choices.

Interesting that many on here were bemoaning Moxey for being appointed as a lap dog for Delia. Shows how little we really know.

Even the best CEO in the world would be tearing his hair out when Delia starts sticking her oar in. It''s an impossible job unless someone manages to restrain her (I think McNally did this to an extent).

Haven''t read the whole thread but the first few pages seem to be a celebration around Moxeys departure. Maybe he actually wanted to see the club progress? Maybe he wasn''t happy with the manager and our poor season so far? Maybe he wanted to make changes and be ambitious same as the majority of fans want?

I, like most, have no idea of the reasons for his departure but it''s too easy to blame the CEO. I really hope the truth comes out, whatever that may be.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think Steve Stone would be a bit of a lazy appointment but with the window closed I don''t think we need to rush into an appointment.

If this has cost us a large settlement etc then the board have to take responsibility for picking the wrong man. Like I say it doesn''t look great on the club having an experienced CEO come in and only lasting 6 months.

My personal opinion is you could really do with a name in that CEO position primarily for dealing with agents and transfers etc. McNally had a name in the game and for the most part I think that benefited us.[/quote]Wasn''t it reported that we had a reputation of being terrible to do business with during McNally''s time?

This morning I''m feeling more uncertain and not convinced this is the great news it initially felt to be.

Incase anyone''s worried that Moxey might have been on ''the fans'' side and fighting the board over sacking AN and spending more

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/moxey.194132/

Plenty of reassurance that this is nothing but good news there.

Sounds like he has a history of leaving it as late as possible in windows, making bad choices with managers and sitting back collecting his wage while the club goes into crisis.

I seriously doubt his leaving has anything to do with making a stand against the owners. I''d be kind of inclined to agree with Lakey''s theory that he thought he was coming to some sleepy community based club with little pressure and he''d spend his days organising charity events and ripping the fans off as we''d happily swallow it all.