Sign in to follow this  
morty

Jez Moxey

NORWICH City can confirm that Chief Executive Jez Moxey has resigned and left the Club by mutual consent. 

Moxey arrived at Norwich in August 2016, joining from Sky Bet Championship rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers following the takeover of the Midlands club by the Chinese group Fosun Group International. 

City Chairman Ed Balls commented: "Myself and the Board would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Jez for his hard work since joining us last year and most recently in the transfer window. 

"However the role has not worked out satisfactorily for either Jez and his family or for the Football Club, and all parties have professionally and amicably agreed to move on. We wish Jez all the best in his future career and now our focus is on the next steps for Norwich City." 

The Chairman also confirmed Finance Director Steve Stone, who acted as Interim Chief Executive last summer, has been placed in charge again for the short term as the Board takes time to deliberate on a fresh approach to how we go about our business and secure the best future structure for the Club. 

Balls added: “With the finances of the Club in good order, fantastic staff in place at Carrow Road and Colney and the team looking to build on consecutive wins, our immediate priority is on providing every support possible to Alex Neil and the squad to maintain our push towards the top six positions in the Championship table." Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-club-statement-jez-moxey-3553006.aspx#HLySB91pbjjDXeYS.99

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Come on slow coach, I was on this 3 minutes before you.[/quote]I was distracted watching an episode of Supergirl[:(]

Strange.

Never liked his appointment to begin with.

How much more can we cock up? Or will we actually appoint someone at least in the same calibre as McNally

[quote user="AJ"]Strange.

Never liked his appointment to begin with.

How much more can we cock up? Or will we actually appoint someone at least in the same calibre as McNally[/quote]I know, but how long has he been here?All a bit of a shambles.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Very strange! Any ideas for why this has happened?[/quote]I posted the club statement above, doesn''t reveal much.

Promotion for Rickyyyyyyy.......

That''s not great news, I''m no Moxey lover but to say it hasn''t worked out is pretty poor.

Can we see the back of Ed too and bring in a couple dynamic professionals to drive the club forward please.

Surprised the inner circle didn''t get a whiff of this

It''s come out of the blue

I wonder if Steve Stone was anywhere near last time. We know he put in for it but I guess when Moxey became available he trumped him for experience. Could Steve Stone do the job? 

Hmm interesting just after Jan window closed, suggests the possibility someone did not like the way he handled it !

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]WHAT THE ACTUAL FU(K?[/quote]Exactly what I was thinking.He spends over 16 years at Wolves then manages only 6 months here. All this " it hasn''t worked out " c*ap. There must have been a falling out.[/quote]Kinda embarrassing all round really.

thanks Jez for doing the square route of f**k all during your time here and overseeing two questionable transfer windows ....whilst not sacking and replacing a grossly underperforming manager.

Presumably Ed Balls will now cut short his national strictly come dancing celebrity tour to return to the club at this vital time??.....Balls will he...

[quote user="CJ"]Hmm interesting just after Jan window closed, suggests the possibility someone did not like the way he handled it ![/quote]
Or the club wanted to navigate the transfer window with a CEO, probably agreed to stay on until the window was completed

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]WHAT THE ACTUAL FU(K?[/quote]Exactly what I was thinking.He spends over 16 years at Wolves then manages only 6 months here. All this " it hasn''t worked out " c*ap. There must have been a falling out.[/quote]Kinda embarrassing all round really.

[/quote]I''ll bet the takeaway fried chicken man is inconsolable....[:''(]