Sign in to follow this  
Bill

A more serious concern

"Tesco has introduced a three-lettuce limit on icebergs while rival

Morrisons has imposed a two-lettuce limit and banned shoppers from

buying more than three heads of broccoli."Can cabbages be far behind ?

[quote user="im spartacus canary "]Good stuff 👍 we need more light hearted diversions like this in these troubled times.[/quote]it might be light hearted to you sirbut I fear this may be just the beginningthe tip of the iceberg so to speakcome on you greens

As long as there''s plenty of quinoa and tofu you guys should be able to survive

It''s the thin end of the wedge, first it was Marmite, now lettuce and broccoli.

Where will it all end? Who''s to say it won''t be Angel Delight next?

Worrying times.

[quote user="Herman"]As this forum proves, Norwich will never be short of cabbages.[/quote]

..... or Purple sprouting broccoli

[quote user="VanWink"]Why would anyone want more than 3 lettuces?[/quote]

I''ve got to cater for a County rugby match on Sunday and they have specified four iceberg lettuces!

I still have my ration book from the fifties so maybe there will be enough coupons left to get some ersatz lettuce.

if not, explain the missing lettuces with''cos there weren''t any left

The first thing that came to mind for me was how would they enforce the "rationing" of iceberg lettuce? Is it 3 lettuce per customer per visit, per day, per week or per month? If it''s per visit could I buy my 3 lettuce, take them out to the car and then immediately return and purchase 3 more? Could you and your wife both shop separately and end up leaving the store with 6 lettuce between the two of you? What if you went into the Blue Boar Lane supermarket got your 3 lettuce and then immediately head to Harford Bridge and buy another 3? Will they display photos of those suspected of attempting to circumvent the rationing so that staff at all the superstores and metros are aware of those that are hoarding iceberg lettuce?I don''t think this has been entirely thought through you know.

I hope we don''t start running low on Cabbages - how will we get to any of the away games?!

Better hope there''s not a similar shortage of olive oil and other such Mediterranean dressings, or people will have a real problem tossing their salad.

Apples

What kind of animal does an Iceberg come from - Game? Venison?

Some say it''s from an animal that inhabits frozen mountainous areas, whilst others aver that it is polar animals caught on floating Icebergs that have separated from the main ice shelf.

Finally, if anyone has tried it, what does it taste like - chicken?

I hear the possible shortage of cucumbers has our local convent seeking reassurance from above"Lettuce pray"

rationing is now being carried out on the basis of women and children first

Now listen her my scantily clad tree hugging friend I#if you want to Romaine on here, leaf it out.

And anyway, have you seen the size of those rugby lads? And they do love their lettuce after a game.

I remember Ben Youngs saying in his biography that Eddie Jones told him "Steak is for girly footballers. Us men think nothing of downing five or six leaves with a little French dressing."

I hope we don''t start running low on Cabbages - how will we get to any of the away games?

It''s unlikely a cabbage shortage would affect away attendances. You can rest assured the usual contingent will turnip

With Olsson gone we are short of SwedesIf this continues many will be forced onto a eunuch dietmeat and no veg

When asked about some of his bizarre team selections, Alex Neill was quoted "I yam what I yam!"

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]AJ

I hope we don''t start running low on Cabbages - how will we get to any of the away games?!

Simples, fatties won''t be allowed to travel, they take up to mushroom.[/quote]

I''m so glad I popped back on this thread - I''m a sucker for a good pun!

AJ

I''m so glad I popped back on this thread - I''m a sucker for a good pun!

Thats because you are such a fungi AJ ;-)

Anyway back to football hope our defence isn''t full of leeks.............