Sign in to follow this  
morty

Team news / match thread

Sounded like a really hard fought 3 points today. Credit to the lads. Been criticised several times this season for lacking fight but they showed it in spades today.

That''ll do, 3 points clean sheet, and both new boys up and running.

What''s not to like?

Keep it up city!.

[quote user="morty"]*Sits back and waits for Keith Scott''s thread*[/quote]

But we played $hit. Cardiff should have equalised. The new guy at left back can''t even spell d1ck properly. We are never going to reach the playoffs if we keep winning 1-0...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="morty"]*Sits back and waits for Keith Scott''s thread*[/quote]

But we played $hit. Cardiff should have equalised. The new guy at left back can''t even spell d1ck properly. We are never going to reach the playoffs if we keep winning 1-0...[/quote][:D]I doubt we''ll see him this evening....

[quote user="Greavsy"]Tettey booked. Means he will play against scum though.

Was only a matter of time.[/quote]

Only misses two, Wigan A and Forest H

I only heard the second half but found Mark Walton really entertaining - clearly willing us over the line at the end!

Awful second half, but a good defensive performance. Another 3 points, another clean sheet, and a decent start for our two new signings. More to come from them I''m sure!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I only heard the second half but found Mark Walton really entertaining - clearly willing us over the line at the end![/quote]The lad Walton grew into the game.

Anyone know when the last time we got two clean sheets in a row? Fantastic win by the way! I think the players may be tired not only because they put there all into it, but the squad did have an illness recently and Dijks lacks game time , so I think it makes the win even better! I think we''re capable of winning the next three games too, but I just hope we don''t run out of steam! The feel good factor is back and long may it continue.

Hard work and graft away from home. Nothing to complain about...although I''m sure some on here will find something...

So 3 points off the playoffs. If we can beat Wigan and forest at home, a draw against Newcastle would be good to be fair. Would potentially get us in that top 6 already.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I only heard the second half but found Mark Walton really entertaining - clearly willing us over the line at the end![/quote]Yup. Me too. Thought he came across well and passionate for us to win.  

[quote user="hogesar"]Hard work and graft away from home. Nothing to complain about...although I''m sure some on here will find something...

So 3 points off the playoffs. If we can beat Wigan and forest at home, a draw against Newcastle would be good to be fair. Would potentially get us in that top 6 already.[/quote]Depends on Shef Wed who have on paper easier looking run of games. Think we''ll have to win all three games to get in the top six.

Not free flowing but a hard fought perormance and three vital points. You get the feeling that this could be a really important win.

Another clean sheet, good fighting spirit and three points. Still a way to go and unfortunately we are in the position where every game is going to be must win for a few weeks. Another big match on Tuesday but certainly confidence on the up.

Sitting in a chip shop in Cardiff, watching the kids eat battered Oreos!

Anyway, good to see a ground out, tough result. Klose was an absolute monster in defence today. He won everything in the air. Pinto ran his socks off as well. Dijks was fine in the first half, but faded badly in the second - overall a good signing by the looks of things.

Wildschutt, I remain less convinced about. Hopefully he was just trying too hard on his debut.

On a day of an important win, I don''t want to sound negative, but overall the midfield lacked any real quality and constantly gave the ball away.

A really nervy end to the game, and great to see the boys hang on in there. Good to see the whole squad come over to the fans as well.

Homeward bound now a happy bunny.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Sitting in a chip shop in Cardiff, watching the kids eat battered Oreos!

Anyway, good to see a ground out, tough result. Klose was an absolute monster in defence today. He won everything in the air. Pinto ran his socks off as well. Dijks was fine in the first half, but faded badly in the second - overall a good signing by the looks of things.

Wildschutt, I remain less convinced about. Hopefully he was just trying too hard on his debut.

On a day of an important win, I don''t want to sound negative, but overall the midfield lacked any real quality and constantly gave the ball away.

A really nervy end to the game, and great to see the boys hang on in there. Good to see the whole squad come over to the fans as well.

Homeward bound now a happy bunny.[/quote]Cheers for that, always good to hear from someone who was at the game.Safe trip home[Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]I only heard the second half but found Mark Walton really entertaining - clearly willing us over the line at the end![/quote]Yup. Me too. Thought he came across well and passionate for us to win.  [/quote]All very well being passionate about the Canaries but he was supposed to be a summariser and not hog the airwaves. To be fair it was his first time on Radio Norfolk so with a bit of advice from the regulars he''ll probably be better next time if he''s invited back again.Can''t fault his enthusiasm though.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]A safe journey home for the 900+ followers.....[/quote]Agreed. Close to a thousand there is pretty impressive. Long way to go and another one coming up on Tuesday.  The players shouldn''t need to be reminded but nice to hear that AN ushered them over to the fans at the end.

Cheers Morty.

Winning ugly is such an important part of the game and can be a real confidence boost, as is the clean sheet.

Great to see both new boys being given a run out - normally at City it takes months before we see them. Confident that Dijks will be a canny move. As long as Wildschutt keeps things simple and finds an end product he will be fine too.

Although he didn''t have much to do, Ruddy commanded his area well today and came out a few times to take dangerous crosses. Rusty was solid, without being spectacular and was more vocal than I have often seen him as captain.

Jacob Murphy was full of running, but like the other wing, there was no end product. Sadly, the game bypassed the central midfielders for all but a few passages of play. When we kept the ball on the ground we looked good, but spent far too much time lumping it up to Cam Jam, who i thought seemed oddly quiet. His hold up play was no where near what we often see.

We''ll done to the lads for grinding this one out and let''s really build on this encouraging run.

Oh, and a final thing. Cardiff is a great city for shopping according to my boss and 12 year old daughter.