Sign in to follow this  
morty

Team news / match thread

Ruddy, Pinto,Martin, Klose, Dijks, Tettey, Howson, Ja Murphy, Hoolahan, Wildschut, Jerome.Subs McGovern, Whittaker, Oliviera, Pritchard, Bennett, Jo Murphy, Godfrey.

Pity Naismith didn''t make it, really impressed with his leadership in recent games.Alex hinted he could be back Tuesday though.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]pleasantly surprised and unusual that both new signings are straight in without the usual "not quite up to speed" spiel.

On the flip side ,odd that Mulumbu isn''t in the 18 after the ACN ???[/quote]He has a quad strain.

Hoped he would bring the new boys straight in and delighted he has.

Naismith injury probably made selection choices a bit easier for him.

As expected, for once. Straight swap for Brady/Naismith. Should give the team more balance - hopefully they can revive that partnership having played with each other in the past. Re: Martin - it''s either him or Bennett, and at the moment Russ is doing enough to keep his place.

Bassong cannot even make the 18 now so just add him to the Lafferty and Turner no longer required squad of deadwood wage drainers.Looks a balanced line up with round pegs in round holes.

Interesting line-up, Dijks was sure to start, Naismith out lets Wildschut in - thought he wasn''t fully "up to speed" - everything else as expected, and surely Cardiff management thought the same.

Impossible to predict how this game will go - could very well end up a score draw. Assuming no enforced subs, we''ll likely see Oliviera, Pritchard & Josh off the bench and there''s good options with the others if necessary.

Feeling a tentative confidence about this one - that''s what a couple of wins will do! A bit disheartening that a game in early February seems so important but that''s the way this season has gone so far. A good performance and a win today could potentially turn this campaign around.

If I was betting I''d go for 2-2 (and no red cards please!)

[quote user="paddycanary"]Interesting line-up, Dijks was sure to start, Naismith out lets Wildschut in - thought he wasn''t fully "up to speed" - everything else as expected, and surely Cardiff management thought the same.

Impossible to predict how this game will go - could very well end up a score draw. Assuming no enforced subs, we''ll likely see Oliviera, Pritchard & Josh off the bench and there''s good options with the others if necessary.

Feeling a tentative confidence about this one - that''s what a couple of wins will do! A bit disheartening that a game in early February seems so important but that''s the way this season has gone so far. A good performance and a win today could potentially turn this campaign around.

If I was betting I''d go for 2-2 (and no red cards please!)[/quote]I have money on 2-2 and an optimistic 3-1 to us.

Would like to see us stretch that winning run. If we''re to claw back into play-offs we have to start winning on the road.

Cmon u Canaries!

I know it''s often said ( and often not true ) but I really feel this match is pivotal. Lose it, and I feel there;s too much to do to make the playoffs. Sheffield Wednesday have 10 of their remaining 17 games at home with a good home record. This gets them, in my view at least to a points total of the mid 70''s. If we lose today, given my assumption on the Owls, it would leave us requiring 33 points or so during the last 17 matches just to catch them...not impossible but a tough ask.
Therefore, if what has bothered the players this season to date has been remedied and we see full out effort, I expect our boys to bring the points home today. Let''s hope that''s the case.

Good to see going with two wide players, I think this is a better fit then Naismith & Wes.

I''m hoping they fit in and help us win 3-0

Why is Anthony Hopkins commentating?

I hope Chris Goreham hasn''t got a bottle of Chianti with him.

They have won their last three and, like any Colin team, they are bound to play with an agricultural style up to that huge striker they have.

My concern is the usual one around whether Russ & Timm can handle him.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Who is the drippy idiot on radio Norfolk? Like trying to get blood out of a stone[/quote]

Chris Goreham or Mark Walton..?!

Remembering how much I hate listening to football on the radio.Sounds like we''re doing well though, including some crunching tackles from Dijks.