Sign in to follow this  
If wed only kept Howie..

Free agents

[quote user="If wed only kept Howie"]Even with the transfer window "slamming shut", we can still sign free agents...

I''ve had a look in the 3 positions we probably need cover.. LB, CB and CM... and i noticed the following are available:

Daryl Russell

Zak Whitbread[/quote]Always liked Darel Russel actually, could be a good shout as short term cover.

Was always a favourite of mine along with Darren Kenton back at the turn or the century. Did well in his second spell to but shot himself in the foot when he rejected a contract and went to Preston as barely played and could of been a mainstay of our midfield for a few more years. I would imagine age has caught up with him now though.

[quote user="nat_canaries"]Was always a favourite of mine along with Darren Kenton back at the turn or the century. Did well in his second spell to but shot himself in the foot when he rejected a contract and went to Preston as barely played and could of been a mainstay of our midfield for a few more years. I would imagine age has caught up with him now though.[/quote]Aye, no idea what age he is, guessing 32 or 33?Did you know Kenton is back at Carrow road, coaching in teh academy?

Just checked, and according to wiki, Darel is long since jacked it in, he last played for the Tampa Bay Rowdies in 2014.He is 37.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Apologies i guessed from memory at 36 but not far out , lol[/quote]You could well be right, I just saw that he was born in 1980 and guestimated.(I checked, he''s not 37 till October)

Zac, released by league one Shrewsbury, really isn''t sounding like a viable option either....

Always thought Kenton would go on to being an established Prem player, shame really, he was excellent for us.