Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Clean sheet

We managed a clean sheet yesterday, fantastic, so Cam''s goal was enough for the 3 points. Not letting couple of goals in each game makes it so much easier to get maximum points.

I wasn''t at Cardiff, those who were perhaps you can tell us what you saw?

I''m specifically interested in the way Tettey and Howson shielded the defense, was that the key to the clean sheet?

Was it Dijks and Pinto preventing crosses?

It sounded on radio that Ruddy caught quite a few crosses, was that the key?

Was it all down to Klose and Martin?

Or a combination of the above.

Thanks

As nobody seems to be up yet, hope you''ll forgive me for answering, but luck seems to be our side atm whereas it seemed to completely desert us earlier in the season.  You make your own luck to a certain extent and if luck was on our side yeterday through our own tenacity - then that is a good and important sign for the rest of the season. .

It was organisation and physicality coupled with more quality than they had.

The new boys shored up the left effectively. No drop in quality there then. Klose and Martin never stopped talking and howson was everywhere with Tetty everywhere else.

We carried an attacting threat that rattled the opposition. Jerome ran the line like the athlete that he is whilst Wildshut looked comfortable at this level.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that, did you get the impression Howson Sat back as a dm rather than focussing on getting forward as a am?