Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

anyone still want Rowett then?

[quote user="Syteanric"]Or has Neil weathered the storm?[/quote]I haven''t changed my mind about wanting Neil to go.  That doesn''t mean I''m not pleased about recent results, nor the fact than I ALWAYS want City to win.

Never really wanted him, I always said the very best thing that could happen is that Alex Neil turns it around. It looked shaky for a while, but credit must go to the club for sticking by him.

Exactly the same as "old Robert" I still want Neil gone ,, end of the season no matter wether we make the playoffs or even got promoted . I have supported City since a kid and want only for success , he is not the man to take any any further than the top section of the Chumps .

Results have been good can''t get away from that but I want the Scottish one gone.premership is a step to far for him if we make it

Out of curiosity, which managers would be good for us in the Premier League? On the whole, the ''experienced'' ones that aren''t already managing at that level are not currently doing so for a reason, wouldn''t you say?

If AN takes us up again, then he deserves another crack at the Prem. If we fail to reach the playoffs then unfortunately he has massively underachieved and should ultimately pay the consequences.

Regarding Rowett, if we were managerless and looking for a new manager and AN was at another club, with his current record; who between the two would you choose??

If AN shows he''s changing and learning from his mistakes then I''m sure everyone would be happy for him to stay. But how many chances should he get? I rate our squad highly and certainly they should be higher than where we are at present. Credit is due for the turnaround so far but the key will be what happens after the next setback and how long to put it right. If AN has learnt from the last few months it won''t turn into a stupidly long losing streak like last time where he blamed pretty much everyone except himself.

And yes, I still want Rowett.

Well

If neilgets is promoted I''d maybe suggest he leaves on his own accord

His record of championship promotion on that incidence means he couldn''t name his price

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]If AN shows he''s changing and learning from his mistakes then I''m sure everyone would be happy for him to stay. But how many chances should he get? I rate our squad highly and certainly they should be higher than where we are at present. Credit is due for the turnaround so far but the key will be what happens after the next setback and how long to put it right. If AN has learnt from the last few months it won''t turn into a stupidly long losing streak like last time where he blamed pretty much everyone except himself.

And yes, I still want Rowett.[/quote]To be honest though, if you take a step back, a lot of what Alex was saying was actually right.We won yesterday, not based on quality, but on sheer hard work, something the manager was mentioning quite a lot during the bad run.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]If AN shows he''s changing and learning from his mistakes then I''m sure everyone would be happy for him to stay. But how many chances should he get? I rate our squad highly and certainly they should be higher than where we are at present. Credit is due for the turnaround so far but the key will be what happens after the next setback and how long to put it right. If AN has learnt from the last few months it won''t turn into a stupidly long losing streak like last time where he blamed pretty much everyone except himself.

And yes, I still want Rowett.[/quote]I go along with that. I did want Rowett, on the basis that Neil seemed not only not to be learning but actually getting worse, while Rowett''s track record is good. And it is possible that if Neil had not got a few home wins just in time he would have been gone. Now it is almost certain he will be here for the rest of the season. But if we fail to make the play-offs (at least) and Rowett is still available I would again argue for a change.

Yes agree with this, the board has stuck by Alex and it''s now time he pays them back, if we don''t make the playoffs he should fall on his sword and if Rowett is still available then I would support the change.

[quote user="Bagster"]Yes agree with this, the board has stuck by Alex and it''s now time he pays them back, if we don''t make the playoffs he should fall on his sword and if Rowett is still available then I would support the change.[/quote]I agree that failure to reach the play offs should result in Alex maybe going, but I honestly don''t think Rowett is necessarily better, and I don''t believe in change for changes sake.

If we fail to reach the play-offs it should absolutely result in Neil leaving.

I''m cautiously optimistic right now but it will all hinge on how we do against the higher up teams. The run we have end of March/beginning of April will be a real test.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Fiery Zac"]If AN shows he''s changing and learning from his mistakes then I''m sure everyone would be happy for him to stay. But how many chances should he get? I rate our squad highly and certainly they should be higher than where we are at present. Credit is due for the turnaround so far but the key will be what happens after the next setback and how long to put it right. If AN has learnt from the last few months it won''t turn into a stupidly long losing streak like last time where he blamed pretty much everyone except himself.

And yes, I still want Rowett.[/quote]To be honest though, if you take a step back, a lot of what Alex was saying was actually right.We won yesterday, not based on quality, but on sheer hard work, something the manager was mentioning quite a lot during the bad run.[/quote]

I agree a lot of what he says has been right (and would hope so with him being the manager), it''s the way it has come across and ''the rest'' of what he says that I''ve had a problem with. A simple acceptance of error rather than the stubborn defence of some poor decisions and a positive word for the fans who never fully turned against him during that inexcusable run, would''ve helped towards keeping me (and many others I believe) on side.

The question around yesterday and so many other games during that run then is why does the amount of hard work fluctuate so much? I don''t think hes come across well and this was reflected by the players. An honest interview can be great for the fans but a great manager looks after his squad and he''s been less specifically critical of losses more recently..

Hopefully that means progress and learning, and therefore great news all round. Time will tell.

A lot of what AN has said has been reasonable but there''s also been some pretty silly things which even Morty has been unhappy with ;)

At present he has massively underachieved with the squad at his disposal. Now he''ll have to really get us performing in the rest of the season to warrant keeping his job. And to be fair, signs are good at the moment.

Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"- Exactly the same as "old Robert" I still want Neil gone ,, end of the season no matter wether we make the playoffs or even got promoted . I have supported City since a kid and want only for success , he is not the man to take any any further than the top section of the Chumps .

he is not the man to take any any further than the top section of the Chumpsorno matter wether we make the playoffs or even got promotedmake your mind up