Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Canos to Brentford

Considering how many of our deals are listed as "undisclosed" I would be very surprised if Sky Sports actually knew anything.

Confirmed on the club site. So far that''s two ''outs'' officially confirmed and no ''ins''.

Maybe Moxey is so annoyed at being slagged off by the Barclay against Wolves that he''s going to get rid of Olsson, Canos, Morris and Brady and bring in nobody at all - just because he can. ;)

Good luck to the young lad, he did a superb job there last year, I bet he wishes he''d just signed for them in the summer.

Murphy definitely now got that spot and with Jarvis on the mend we should be ok on the right.

Will we use the money to get another deal out?

If we used the money to get in a CB (McDonald?) on top of Dijks and Wildschut (or keep Brady instead) then it would be a good day

Can understand him being behind Jacob on the bench. Doesn''t explain his lack of appearances on the bench though. Brentford supporters are over the moon, disappointed he''s gone but good luck to him 👍

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m really p1ss3d off about this.

Guarantee we''ll regret this. Bees manager over the moon to get him back.[/quote]

Never even saw Reading listed as an interested party, honestly have no idea how you''ll end up regretting it.

Are we going to get threads every time he scores a goal with people saying "SEE, SEE, I TOLD YOU"?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m really p1ss3d off about this.

Guarantee we''ll regret this. Bees manager over the moon to get him back.[/quote]

Never even saw Reading listed as an interested party, honestly have no idea how you''ll end up regretting it.[/quote]

Brilliant!!

It''s pretty obvious we''re lacking sheer physical presence as much as anything, hence Canos going & the (hopeful) arrival of a couple of monster Dutchmen.

[quote user="morty"]Are we going to get threads every time he scores a goal with people saying "SEE, SEE, I TOLD YOU"?[/quote]Hopefully not, but if he does perform well for them for the remainder of the season and potentially next as well (may never happen), then I would see it as an opportunity wasted and a potentially poor decision by the club to release him after so little actual 1st team opportunities.It''s not about beating the club with a potential stick, but there''s nothing wrong with saying ''I think we got that one wrong'' (assuming of course we actually have).

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]Are we going to get threads every time he scores a goal with people saying "SEE, SEE, I TOLD YOU"?[/quote]Hopefully not, but if he does perform well for them for the remainder of the season and potentially next as well (may never happen), then I would see it as an opportunity wasted and a potentially poor decision by the club to release him after so little actual 1st team opportunities.It''s not about beating the club with a potential stick, but there''s nothing wrong with saying ''I think we got that one wrong'' (assuming of course we actually have).[/quote]The club has done the right thing. Canos couldn''t get past the murphys, and thinks he is good enough for first team football now.There was nothing to retrieve from this, I don''t think there was a set of circumstances that would have satisfied him, other than to leave.Maybe he''s not quite as good as he thinks he is.

I''m honestly not sure how people can try and spin this into a positive from the club.

Either we cocked up by buying a player who wasn''t good enough to even make the bench yet telling him he''d be a first team player or he''s good enough and we''ve not used him properly.

[quote user="king canary"]I''m honestly not sure how people can try and spin this into a positive from the club.

Either we cocked up by buying a player who wasn''t good enough to even make the bench yet telling him he''d be a first team player or he''s good enough and we''ve not used him properly.[/quote]Maybe he looked good on trial, maybe when faced with having to work hard in training to get past a player for a place in the team, he didn''t bother and just gave up?But for whatever reason, it didn''t work out, and the club has done the right thing.

Sorry it''s either bad scouting or bad management.

The club has wasted 6 months worth of wages and a transfer fee on a player. Again, I just can''t see how this is good.

Seen enough of Canos to see the defensive side of his game is nowhere near good enough for the championship, this wouldn''t be a problem so much if he had a defensive minded right back playing behind him, as it is we''ve got one of the best attacking full backs in league in Pinto who in my opinion has made himself un droppable this season, who would you rather have in your team Pinto or Canos?

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Seen enough of Canos to see the defensive side of his game is nowhere near good enough for the championship, this wouldn''t be a problem so much if he had a defensive minded right back playing behind him, as it is we''ve got one of the best attacking full backs in league in Pinto who in my opinion has made himself un droppable this season, who would you rather have in your team Pinto or Canos?[/quote]apart from the fact a championship side just signed him again

[quote user="king canary"]Sorry it''s either bad scouting or bad management.

The club has wasted 6 months worth of wages and a transfer fee on a player. Again, I just can''t see how this is good.[/quote]Its clearly good for both parties. We have our money back, the player can have a fresh start elsewhere.Did you ever see him play? If anything poor scouting, I thought he looked lazy and disinterested.

@morty

I did- I was at Birmingham away. He was ok, nothing special. Not so bad he needed to be frozen out of the team though.

The obsession with bashing the club which some posters on this thread are showing is ridiculous. Every transfer is a gamble - some work - some don''t. West Ham have brought 31 strikers since 2010. 31!!! 31 strikers since 2010 FFS!

It appears that we''ve got our money back on Canos so not too much damage done. Indeed - the fact that he''s been kept out of the first time by two products of our Academy is is actually a positive thing!

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]The obsession with bashing the club which some posters on this thread are showing is ridiculous. Every transfer is a gamble - some work - some don''t. West Ham have brought 31 strikers since 2010. 31!!! 31 strikers since 2010 FFS!

It appears that we''ve got our money back on Canos so not too much damage done. Indeed - the fact that he''s been kept out of the first time by two products of our Academy is is actually a positive thing![/quote]^^^ This

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]>lazy and disinterestedapart from in the games where he looked interested.brentford fans want him because of his attitude.[/quote]Just saying what I saw, no spin or agenda.

In the end he had Murphy, Murphy, Wes, Pritchard, Maddison Naismith, Brady/Wildschut and probably even Jarvis ahead of him in that three behind the striker.

We won''t miss him much and we got our money back. Clearly a rubbish signing for us, but his value would only have gone down in the reserves.

[quote user="king canary"]@morty

I did- I was at Birmingham away. He was ok, nothing special. Not so bad he needed to be frozen out of the team though.[/quote]Obviously the guy who sees him in training every day saw it differently.

FFS...

It isn''t an ''obsession with bashing the club.''

Some people are so obsessed with reflexively getting defensive about the club that they will twist themselves to defend anything.

Yes some transfers don''t work out. Too many of ours don''t.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]>lazy and disinterestedapart from in the games where he looked interested.brentford fans want him because of his attitude.[/quote]Just saying what I saw, no spin or agenda.[/quote]snodgrass had awful body language too