Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Canos to Brentford

Well the thing is Morty we don''t even play with out-and-out wingers when we have that attacking 3 behind the striker, so if Josh and Jacob are ahead of him, where does he fit? You''ve got Hoolahan, Naismith, Pritchard, Maddison, Josh and Jacob all vying for 3 spaces.

IF we are selling at a loss then it''s pointless but if it''s for the same as what we bought him for then I don''t see the big deal.

What I will say is having seen him play for Brentford a couple of times he is a talented player and given a run in their team will probably prove to be at least on the same level as Josh is currently.

I think there was more than a little of " investment gamble" about him than just specifically buying him to fit into the team.

It really can''t be about his ability, he has talent as can be seen from performances elsewhere, you can''t judge a players true ability until you have seen him have a few games in the first team.

He actually hasn''t done that.

It must be attitude.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 31/01/2017 9:06 AM:

Someone clearly doesn''t understand what decent business is.

Buying a player, not playing him but paying still paying wages, and selling 6 months later for 500k less than you paid, is absolutely not decent business.

It''s the sort of strategy that results in going out of business.

😀I think you would only call it good business if you were a bit dumb to be fair.

[quote user="VanWink"]It really can''t be about his ability, he has talent as can be seen from performances elsewhere, you can''t judge a players true ability until you have seen him have a few games in the first team.

He actually hasn''t done that.

It must be attitude.[/quote]

Or personality clash, due to ego.

Today, 9:07 AM

morty is not online. Last active: 28/01/2017 09:16:22 morty

Top 10 Posts

Joined on 27/09/2003

NR1 / The sea.

Posts 35,493

Re: Canos to Brentford

How are Reading doing in the window?

Wtf have Reading got to do with this thread?😡

[quote user="VanWink"]lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 31/01/2017 9:06 AM:

Someone clearly doesn''t understand what decent business is.

Buying a player, not playing him but paying still paying wages, and selling 6 months later for 500k less than you paid, is absolutely not decent business.

It''s the sort of strategy that results in going out of business.

😀I think you would only call it good business if you were a bit dumb to be fair.[/quote]

Yes, I think you''d be right there.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Someone clearly doesn''t understand what decent business is.

It''s the sort of strategy that results in going out of business.[/quote]

Not always. Sometimes cutting your losses on something that isn''t working out is a good strategy for moving forwards. It''s just business, not bad business.

[quote user="VanWink"]Today, 9:07 AM

morty is not online. Last active: 28/01/2017 09:16:22 morty

Top 10 Posts

Joined on 27/09/2003

NR1 / The sea.

Posts 35,493

Re: Canos to Brentford

How are Reading doing in the window?

Wtf have Reading got to do with this thread?😡[/quote]

Deflection from realism. You must have witnessed that on here before.

It actually sounds like Norwich could make a profit on Canos.

Much of the ''fee'' to Liverpool was tied up in appearance fees, promotion payment etc.

I would presume the fee to Brentford also includes these, but as Norwich will no longer be liable for any further fees to Liverpool and you would assume Canos will play fairly regularly for Brentford then Norwich should do well out of the deal.

Canos made it very clear that he was leaving Liverpool as he wanted to play first team football - that wasn''t happening at Norwich. Klopp was pretty upset with Canos''s lack of patience at Liverpool and it seems that same trait might be the driving force behind him leaving Norwich.

It is a shame as he looks to have bags of potential, but there are massive question marks over his physical capabilities - he rarely played 90mins for Brentford and it is no good having a player who is good for an hour only.

Its also pretty funny as all the Liverpool fans who were (wrongly) going on about them having a buy back clause will now most of the fee they were expecting to get for him disappear.

Don''t get drawn to to his trolling, we should try to keep this on topic and set an example.

Anyway back on topic, is there a decent source for this rumour?

Gutted about this, the lad is 19 years old, people on his back after 6 months as if he should be a first team regular! Come off it, he''s a better player than Josh and Jacob were at that age and I''m sure would''ve found himself breaking into the first team soon enough.

Imagine if we operated under this same ''if he doesn''t break into the first team in 6 months we''re selling'' policy for all the young players we bought. We''d end up selling every one of them, and for the same price we bought for as well? How on earth does that represent good business? As king says why not simply loan him?

If we had sacked AN I''m confident he''d still be here.

It''s another example of our disjointed buying strategy as far as I''m concerned. We have spent huge money (for us) on talent like Pritchard and Canos when we already have good choices available in their positions. At the same time we desperately need fresh blood and more strength in depth at the back and defensive midfield.

The managers view is that Canos is behind the Murphy''s and who knows, if he ever gets fit again, probably Jarvis as well. That''s his call and I have no issue with him making the decision, it''s his job and he''ll stand or fall on it.

Considering where we are it seems the best we can do is get as much of our cash back as we can for a guy who the manager is plainly not going to play.

He simply shouldn''t have been bought in the first place.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Someone clearly doesn''t understand what decent business is.

It''s the sort of strategy that results in going out of business.[/quote]

Not always. Sometimes cutting your losses on something that isn''t working out is a good strategy for moving forwards. It''s just business, not bad business.

[/quote]

Clearly, but this isn''t an example of a business venture not working.

If Canos had been tried and was rubbish, then selling to limit losses would be sensible business.

But having not tried Canos, this isn''t good nor sensible business.

[quote user="morty"]Indeed Hogesar, best for both parties, and decent business if we get our money back.[/quote]

Decent business or very, very good business?

I really don''t think he''s been given a chance, compared to those given to both the Murphys, he must been really frustrated.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Gutted about this, the lad is 19 years old, people on his back after 6 months as if he should be a first team regular! Come off it, he''s a better player than Josh and Jacob were at that age and I''m sure would''ve found himself breaking into the first team soon enough.

Imagine if we operated under this same ''if he doesn''t break into the first team in 6 months we''re selling'' policy for all the young players we bought. We''d end up selling every one of them, and for the same price we bought for as well? How on earth does that represent good business? As king says why not simply loan him?

If we had sacked AN I''m confident he''d still be here.[/quote]

I''d be equally confident, too.

Liverpool wanted to keep him but he wanted a move to play week in week out after a successful season in London

I was excited at his signing. But for a number of reasons he hasn''t featured and I have no doubt canos desire to play remains.

With different circumstances he could have been a star here, instead others deserved a chance more. Some moves simply don''t work out with no party to blame. This seems to be one of them.

Not bad business at all, but if he wants to play better to let him go now.

Very few bit part cult omission players go on to star after leaving here.

He has been tried though. He has played against poor opposition, and been mostly bang average.

And if he was the absolute wonderkid that some are making out, he''d still be at Liverpool.

[quote user="morty"]He has been tried though. He has played against poor opposition, and been mostly bang average.[/quote]3 games in the league totalling arounf 90 minutes. 60 of those were in the Birmingham away performance.Scored goals and performed well in cup competitions.

Its a big ''If'' I know, but if we get our money back on Canos and use it to strengthen our midfield (which is racked by injuries) or our defence which hasn''t been good enough this season then I for one will be very happy.

I don''t know what to tell you, if he was good enough he would have got more opportunities.