Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Canos to Brentford

Having watched the lad having a strop cause he wasn''t allowed to take a penalty in the U23s, I wonder if attitude was the problem. Yes I''ve seen arguements about taking a pen before but not where the player appears to go on sulking for rest of the game.

Young player wants to leave Liverpool because he can''t get into the team.Young player wants to leave Norwich becuase he can''t get into the team.Young player goes to Brentford and gets into team. Maybe Brentford is his level.

It may well be attitude.

We won''t be the first club to buy a player that doesn''t fit, or it doesn''t work out for a whole host of reasons, often beyond anyone''s control.

But if it is "bad attitude" you would hope that a decent scouting network would have picked up on that sort of intelligence.

Why sign a 19 year old only to sell him after 6 months without any real chance though?

Oh and Brentford are a whole 10 points below us- their level is not far off our level.

It''s ridiculous because he''s a talented 19 year old who we paid decent money and has experience at this that we''ve given up on after 6 months.

[quote user="king canary"]Why sign a 19 year old only to sell him after 6 months without any real chance though?

Oh and Brentford are a whole 10 points below us- their level is not far off our level.[/quote]I disagree. Is their squad made up of players with as much premier league experience as ours?  Does Brentford have a Josh and Jacob Murphy?  Do they have strength in depth like we do?  How many years have they been in the premier league in the last fifteen years?  I think they - as a club - would like to be where we are, but they are not anywhere near us imo.

Couple of things.

It hasn''t happened yet.

And it has been said that the good form of the Murphys has kept him out of the team. He could, of course, stay and fight for a place, could he not? I don''t think the talk of attitude is far off.

A further query I have is to why if he wasn''t being considered for the first team, he was not playing in the under 23s to get match experience/fitness. Especially as every time I saw him play he started well but faded out of the games.

If we get our money back on him it''s a very, very good bit of business.

And, of course, if he ever does okay, another stick for folks.

😉

19 year old that looked decent in the time he''s been given as one would expect from a player that had done well in the league previously.If we''re only getting the 2.5 million then this is not a good deal.

If he isn''t good enough to get past the Murphys then I''d say we are winners all round here.

If he''s understudy to Murphy''s who both have vote of confidence, you can understand the dynamics here to be honest.

There are only so many youngish wingers we can afford to keep on the books at one time.

Canos hasn''t been given a chance, that''s the truth.

I love how people blame his attitude problem, how about the notion it could be AN''s attitude problem?

Either way, there''s a personality clash and that''s why Canos isn''t playing.

To say he isn''t good enough is ignoring the evidence that suggests he is.

I get the point about the Murphy''s- but that begs two questions...

1- why sign him in the first place?

2- why not loan him rather than sell him? Are we so desperate for a couple of million quid that we won''t have time to spend?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Do Brentford have a Josh and Jacob Murphy?[/quote]Maybe not, but being fair it''s been Jacob who''s flourished this season, whereas Josh has struggled to impress and has almost consistently failed to not only perform great overall, but has paled in comparison to Jacob.I''d argue that on performances, there is little to choose between Josh and Canos, yet one of them has undoudtedly been given more opportunities than the other (be this down to attitude, being a homegrown player, being better in training or something none of us has any idea about), and to write off Canos after so little chances seems premature at best and misguided at worst.Maybe it will happen and will prove to be the correct choice, but I simply can''t understand why we''d do it, especially when we were told that it''s not about money, so what''s the rush to offload Canos then?

And the argument the Murphys form has kept him out the team is rubbish.

Josh hasn''t had any kind of form this season, and Jacob has shown flashes of brilliance but hasn''t been consistent. Certainly no where near enough form to be considered a regular at the expense of another youngster with similar potential.

It hasn''t happened yet.

@ Morty,

And neither have most of the things you post links about, but that doesn''t stop you, does it.

Won''t expect a comment, or a reply. Happy with that tho

Happy transfer day, god your phone must be ready hot. Please keep usually up to date., In your usual style.

He''s off for a medical today.

I would say, from my point of view, attitude is definitely not the problem. Really polite, friendly and upbeat guy to be honest.

He is rightly behind Jacob, maybe even rightly behind Josh but he''s not been given enough of a chance here whichever way you look at it. It didn''t help that during the bad run we tried a million different seemingly random combinations and Canos didn''t get a run in any of them, whilst others got away with consistently underperforming. So you can''t blame the lad for wanting to leave.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="lake district canary"]Do Brentford have a Josh and Jacob Murphy?[/quote]Maybe not, but being fair it''s been Jacob who''s flourished this season, whereas Josh has struggled to impress and has almost consistently failed to not only perform great overall, but has paled in comparison to Jacob.I''d argue that on performances, there is little to choose between Josh and Canos, yet one of them has undoudtedly been given more opportunities than the other (be this down to attitude, being a homegrown player, being better in training or something none of us has any idea about), and to write off Canos after so little chances seems premature at best and misguided at worst. Maybe it will happen and will prove to be the correct choice, but I simply can''t understand why we''d do it, especially when we were told that it''s not about money, so what''s the rush to offload Canos then?[/quote]

Probably because a club where he did well has expressed an interest in him and he has indicated he would like to go there.

Does anyone share the view that the Murphy''s get in as they are one of our own, from the academy, so it''s all good, fans more likely to get behind them, etc.

Not saying anyone would get in, but does it just give them an edge against a player of similar ability?