Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Hurrah for the blueshirts !

yes, our plucky little neighbours once again came up trumps - taking points from one of our promotion rivals

not for them the worries of playing in a half empty stadium against a wall of silence

no they gave '' Johnny Reading'' a right biff on the nose... and no mistake

we might laugh at these gallant chaps and their past ''glories but today they did us proud

Sad, maybe, but there is a point behind it.  If Wolves, Ipswich, Villa and one or two others start getting strong and take points off our rivals, then that can only be good for our quest to get in the play offs and even the top two if we really put a run of wins together. Great if 1p5wich getting points helps us to get promoted, surely?  [:^)]

I want those binners to lose every match they play and disappear without trace via League One, administration, League Two, a winding up order and a rebirth as Felixstowe Athletic.

I would rather have another season in this division and see the Binners relegated, than have promotion with them beating those teams

Guys if I can ask the question without a tin hat on.

Who in the football league do you most enjoy beating?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Weird.

[/quote]No, someone with a different opinion that you should respect.Does that mantra sound familiar?

[quote user="Plastic Nancy"]I want those binners to lose every match they play and disappear without trace via League One, administration, League Two, a winding up order and a rebirth as Felixstowe Athletic.[/quote]

I don''t think the nice people in Felixstowe deserve that!

[quote user="lake district canary"]The above plus QPR

[/quote]I don''t dislike QPR as much as other posters. Still like to beat them but not out of enmity.

I struggle to ever want Ipswich to win. A draw I can take.

Of course if it comes down to us needing them to win to make the play-offs then I can stomach it.

[quote user="king canary"]I struggle to ever want Ipswich to win. A draw I can take.

Of course if it comes down to us needing them to win to make the play-offs then I can stomach it.[/quote]Agree with the first bit.Second bit, I would rather we do it on our own merit, I doubt they would want any favours from us either.

@Morty

Yes I''d rather do it on our own merits but if we got to the final game of the season and needed a favour from them to make the play-offs then I''ll be ok with them winning- I''m more invested in our success than their failure.

Also there is a delicious aspect to a good result for them being tainted by helping us out.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

Yes I''d rather do it on our own merits but if we got to the final game of the season and needed a favour from them to make the play-offs then I''ll be ok with them winning- I''m more invested in our success than their failure.

Also there is a delicious aspect to a good result for them being tainted by helping us out.[/quote]I agree with that.What I don''t agree with is basically hoping they win every single game against teams around us, because the by product of that is them moving up the table, and who knows, overtaking us?

In those situations I''ll usually kind of hope for them to draw- taking points off our rivals without gaining too many themselves.

[quote user="king canary"]In those situations I''ll usually kind of hope for them to draw- taking points off our rivals without gaining too many themselves.[/quote][Y]

I''m happy for a compromise of them drawing against our rivals - that would only help us as rivals lose two points and the Binners tread water in their quest to remain in this division for eternity.

I wouldn''t trust them to win a game we needed them to anyway - and wouldn''t they revel in it if a loss stopped us achieving something.

Lakey, I am happy to copy and paste this post the next time you dredge up the same topic.

When I was a young teen my dad used to say to me at the start of each season, I will take you to carrow road three times this year,what games would you like to see. Ipswich was always first on my list,for the atmosphere and also there in my view was not a better feeling in this world than beating the binners:)

I would be happy if they drew all their games bar two, but I wouldn''t want to see them go out of business, I just enjoy beating them too much;)

yes, our plucky little neighbours once again came up trumps - taking points from one of our promotion rivals

not for them the worries of playing in a half empty stadium against a wall of silence

no they gave '' Johnny Reading'' a right biff on the nose... and no mistake

we might laugh at these gallant chaps and their past ''glories but today they did us proud

It was intended as one of those 1950''s type Pathe news type reports, where a cock crows first, then a plummy voice reads out the blurbtry it, it might work

..... or at least stop the usual suspects from their endless squabbles, for a moment or two