Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

POLL ENDS: THE INS HAVE IT!

Ok, I''m calling time on the poll as has slowed down to a crawl, if not halt (no posts in 2 and a half hrs) this afternoon and my guess would be most have voted who wanted to.

I for one am relieved to be able to say there are still more people on this board supporting worthy than wishing he was gone. Taking into account 1 clear duplicate and 1 mistaken posting on the "out" thread I''d say the "in" camp outweigh the "out" camp by approx 3:2

KTF and proud

Glad but not surprised by the poll result, however, even given that many people must look at the same thread more than once (and at the opposing view one too!), I find it weird how many people must have looked but not voted, why not?

It does appear most posters are masochistic and want the pain to continue.  I hope you have the good grace to run this poll after 20 games, unless we go on a 10 match unbeaten run, then definetly Worthy should stay.  I for one won''t be holding my breath. 

Well done Eddie, a highly conclusive result.

24 hours of rigorous polling involving 70 odd posters from the Pink Un forum (which has thousands of members).   In total you have polled roughly 0.003% of the attendence at Carrow Rd on Tuesday and I wonder how small a percentage this in terms of total City supporters?

I think you''ll find most of us belong to the non offered section of jury well and truly out. Poll proves to me that there is no consensus and like the team there seems to be a big change from game to game. I imagine this will happen for the next few months, until we get bad enough or good enough to know one way or the other.

or maybe like me you have manager leaving fatigue when you know it''s not happening anytime soon and so leave the whole subject well.

I''m still not convinced about Worthy and not sure if i ever will be. I haven''t liked his style of management since he''s been here. The only good stint he''s had here when the managerial decisions he made were good was post xmas in the championshiop winning season. Then as soon as we got to the Prem, back to same old Worthy.
Now although the bloke can drive me up the wall, i''m still in the ''jury''s out''camp. I''ll tell you for why, as previous posters have put there is no denying that Worthington has helped this club take a step forward, he''s got us to a play off final, got us promoted and the club has moved on leaps and bounds as a whole over the last 5 years. But, he is not a top quality manager, he is not the man to manage our team in the Premiership, his quality as a manager extends to the top of the championship and no further. His man management skills seem to leave a bit to desired, if a player annoys him they are dropped no matter how good they are for the team. He always has his favourites (Holt being the prime example). And now when he is hailing Safri, where the heck was Safri last year; Worthy wouldn''t play him in favour of Holt who cost us goals, which cost us points, which got us relegated - knock on effect. Now i''m not saying Holt is the reason we were relegated,s o don''t jump on that one. But, as soon as we were down, Holt wsas out to a League One side. Safri should have been in! Fleming was far too slow last year, lost players, cost us goals - knock on effect again!
And you can tell Worthy used to be a defender, how many times do we get to 70 mins and then we sit on the result, when if we have the game under control why not push on and get the goal difference up!
Now, whether it is a change of manager, assisitant manager, coaching staff or what, but i am in no doubt what so ever that for our club to progress, get promoted and stay there something needs to change.

[quote]Bloody ludicrous!. On other message board polls, Worthless clearly has to go, by a far bigger majority than your pitiful poll?. So your point is?. Carrowroad.net[/quote]

I''m not making a point, I just set the poll up, and it shows the majority on this board want Worthy to stay.

So, when you say "On other message board polls, Worthless clearly has to go" I''m a little confused as to what your point is?

[quote]Well done Eddie, a highly conclusive result. 24 hours of rigorous polling involving 70 odd posters from the Pink Un forum (which has thousands of members). In total you have polled roughly 0.003% o...[/quote]

I said from beginning it was a poll to show opinion on this board only. And sorry, but I realise not every member of the board voted, but I can hardly force them can I? It does look as though a lot more people viewed the polls than voted, so maybe they thought it was a pointless exercise, that''s their choice.

"I just set the poll up, and it shows the majority on this board want Worthy to stay."

That''s not quite the case is it really?  What it actually shows is that 38 people said "Worthy In" in a poll of which only 64 people actually voted.

[quote]"I just set the poll up, and it shows the majority on this board want Worthy to stay." That''s not quite the case is it really? What it actually shows is that 38 people said "Worthy In" in a poll of ...[/quote]

this is the strangest post I have yet encountered, somebody arguing against a majority victory in a poll and then quoting the figures that show a majority victory?!

[quote]this is the strangest post I have yet encountered, somebody arguing against a majority victory in a poll and then quoting the figures that show a majority victory?![/quote]

I wasn''t arguing the majority victory.  I was arguing that the poll was not a representation of the majority of the board but in fact a representation of the majority view of 64 people.   

Out of interest can any of the web team tell us how many registered posters exist on this site, I guess 10+ posts to avoid the one hit binners, baggies and the like but to make sure we catch some newer posters?

[quote]I wasn''t arguing the majority victory. I was arguing that the poll was not a representation of the majority of the board but in fact a representation of the majority view of 64 people .[/quote]

Ok, fair enough. Can''t explain why more didn''t vote, yet clearly more viewed. If people didn''t think it was worthwhile then that''s up to them.

For me personally, I think if you''ve got an opinion you should let it be known, unless that is you don''t think it''s important. So perhaps what the poll shows more conclusively than anything else is that there are a lot of apathetic members on this board at the moment. Maybe if we can string a few results together then that will change. So why not rally behind the team, the management, the board and lets push onwards and upwards?

Some seem to think it''s a crime to be in the "Worthy in" camp, I don''t understand that, I would call that being a supporter. Surely if people are expressing a lack of confidence in the manager all the time this lack of confidence will filter down into the team and is that not likely to effect performances?

OK, maybe this poll won''t be seen as conclusive by everyone (maybe anyone!) but it''s as close as we''re going to get, and I like being able to say more people are behind the manager than against him, that''s the kind of club I like to think of ours as. It''s not good enough though. We should all support our team (including the coaching staff) 100%

As only 64 people voted - as always those with the more polarised views (myself included) signed up one way or the other and it showed that less than 60% of those who have made a decision support the manager and 41% dont - in most terms that is a victory but not a convincing one, bearing in mind the several hundred postsr who did not vote.

I agree with the view that the majority of posters are not happy with the start of the season, do see serious flaws in the club but are happy to take the wait and see approach for a few more games - not committing to either view in the poll - and no wait and see option was put forward - so where were they able to vote?

OTBC

As only 64 people voted - as always those with the more polarised views (myself included) signed up one way or the other and it showed that less than 60% of those who have made a decision support the manager and 41% dont - in most terms that is a victory but not a convincing one, bearing in mind the several hundred postsr who did not vote.

I agree with the view that the majority of posters are not happy with the start of the season, do see serious flaws in the club but are happy to take the wait and see approach for a few more games - not committing to either view in the poll - and no wait and see option was put forward - so where were they able to vote?

OTBC

[quote]Bloody ludicrous!. On other message board polls, Worthless clearly has to go, by a far bigger majority than your pitiful poll?. So your point is?. Carrowroad.net[/quote]

Are you saying other message board''s posters are more astute than those on this board''s Wiz ?

Surely Not ! ! ! !

Unbelievable! People are obviously bored about arguing Worthy In / Out, so are now arguing about who''s poll about Worthy In / Out is stupidest.

I''m now off on a months holiday, hopefully by the time I get back we have a few wins under the belt and everyone has calmed down and grown up a bit. It really is beyond belief that adults are squabbling in the way they are on this board - some of you lot need your heads banging together.

We are all NCFC fans, we all want the best for the club. What a shame some can''t debate the finer points of football without recourse to petty name calling and futile squabbling.

On The Ball City

Unbelievable! People are obviously bored about arguing Worthy In / Out, so are now arguing about who''s poll about Worthy In / Out is stupidest.

I''m now off on a months holiday, hopefully by the time I get back we have a few wins under the belt and everyone has calmed down and grown up a bit. It really is beyond belief that adults are squabbling in the way they are on this board - some of you lot need your heads banging together.

We are all NCFC fans, we all want the best for the club. What a shame some can''t debate the finer points of football without recourse to petty name calling and futile squabbling.

On The Ball City

[quote]Unbelievable! People are obviously bored about arguing Worthy In / Out, so are now arguing about who''s poll about Worthy In / Out is stupidest. I''m now off on a months holiday, hopefully by the time ...[/quote]

Don''t let them get to you Putney mate,

Have a nice holiday, off for a whole month eh, going anywhere nice ?