Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Match Day Routine

What are your match day routines ? here is mine for normal 3 pm K O.

Leave house (Worcestershire) about 9, pick up two GrandKids about 9.30, M42, M6, A14 with a stop off for bacon sandwich about 10 45. arrive County Hall car park about 1pm, head down to Nandos or other "exciting" eateries on Riverside. 2pm Into Yellows for a pee and a Pint before heading for seats about 2.40

At end of game race up to car park in hope of quick exit before racing home usually arriving about 8.30 to 9

depending of car park exit time.

Is it worth it ? a few times this season I have asked myself !

A friend of mine parks at my house, so wait for her then walk up the City. We usually book a table at All bar one for one oclock where about 6 or 8 of us have a few beers and a meal. We panic and realise the time, get another pint in, then set off for the ground maybe 2:30ish, I just go straight to my seat, about five to three.Post match we all meet in the Nelson hotel bar, there will often be 20 or 30 of us, mostly that have met through the good work that Eddie does with the pups. Most people drift away between 6 and 7, sometimes leaving just a few of the harder core pi$$heads, who will quite often end up in my kitchen, drinking till the early hours.

In 2002... I noticed that our impressive run of wins up to the end of the season (and 6th place) coincided with me eating Sainsburys Chicken Pesto Linguine for lunch..

I deliberately ate Chicken Pesto Linguine before the Wolves games...

However, despite planning on eating Chicken Pesto Linguine for breakfast on the morning of the playoff final, i didn''t have time as had to make the trip to Cardiff..

To this day.. part of me still thinks it''s my fault

Leave Swindon between 8-8:30am usually stopping off to fill up the tank. Drive to Norwich M4, M25, M11 you know the rest. Usually get to the fine city about midday park in Chapperfields grab a sandwich with coffee and say goodbye to the wife. Get to the ground about 1:30 -1:45 After the match we meet up and get a meal with lemonade then drive back on a good run I get home about 9pm but I''m happy as long as I get back in time for MOTD ! then have my first beer of the day as I never have alcohol on the day I drive.     PS. Whilst I''m at the match my wife is shopping - spending a lot more than me !

Get up in the morning in good time to walk the dogs, back for a cup of tea and get ready for heading to Norwich at 11.15am always!(usually 4 of us) pre book a table for lunch either at one of the few places on Riverside (TGI''s, Coast to Coast, Los Iguanos or Middletons).

Then head to the ground about 2.00pm, sit in the Cathedral Lounge and watch the remains of whatever match is on TV that lunch time before heading to our seats around 2.40pm, then its almost 2 hours of cheering and booing, never ever leaving before the end, get back to the car and head home (my journey time is about 35-40 minutes each way) listening to canary call on the way home.

Threads like this make you realise what a big commitment football is for fans, I''m quite lucky that my girls love City and wont miss a match as a rule, and the one time of the week we are all together and know exactly what we are doing.

Go to the shed.Put the wireless on.Asleep by 2:55Wake up at 4:55Phone Canary Call to complain.Go on Pink''un message board to complain.

5 pints of San miguel and a burger in the murderers, get to the ground about quarter to 3. A warm carling before kick off then into my seat about 5 past 3... usually have to have to go for a slash about 10 minute''s later so back down to the bogs. Back to my seat then another slash on 35 minutes. Out of consideration for my fellow supporters I stay in the concourse rather than disturb them again. I like to get back up 10 minutes into the 2nd half as a I can get another beer when the queues have died down. I leave on about 83 minutes as I normally need another wee by then and then head off to county hall to pick the car up before the congestion starts . A nice drive back to lowestoft listening to canary call and that''s about it .

[quote user="im spartacus canary "]5 pints of San miguel and a burger in the murderers, get to the ground about quarter to 3. A warm carling before kick off then into my seat about 5 past 3... usually have to have to go for a slash about 10 minute''s later so back down to the bogs. Back to my seat then another slash on 35 minutes. Out of consideration for my fellow supporters I stay in the concourse rather than disturb them again. I like to get back up 10 minutes into the 2nd half as a I can get another beer when the queues have died down. I leave on about 83 minutes as I normally need another wee by then and then head off to county hall to pick the car up before the congestion starts . A nice drive back to lowestoft listening to canary call and that''s about it .[/quote]

So you''re lucky to see an hour of football ! must miss a hell of a lot of goals , makes the ticket expensive

So between arriving in Norwich and leaving after the match you claim to consume at least 7 pints and then drive home. You are happy to be a lethal threat to other road users then?

Leave Leicester by 8 am , get to digs and park up . Fast walk to the Murderers on timber hill then follow a chain of pubs to the ground . Must be getting old as I keep visiting the cathedral at night time to take in its beauty .

I added the beer line to my post because after some matches it''s just what I need ! But I don''t believe in having any alcohol when driving. I shall enjoy it this weekend, as I''m staying in Norwich ''till after the Newcastle match maybe a pint before hand and a few after like most fans seem to enjoy 

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I added the beer line to my post because after some matches it''s just what I need ! But I don''t believe in having any alcohol when driving. I shall enjoy it this weekend, as I''m staying in Norwich ''till after the Newcastle match maybe a pint before hand and a few after like most fans seem to enjoy  [/quote]Pop into the Nelson, would be nice to say hi[Y]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]So between arriving in Norwich and leaving after the match you claim to consume at least 7 pints and then drive home. You are happy to be a lethal threat to other road users then?[/quote]
Wooooooooossssssshhhhhhhhhh

[quote user="im spartacus canary "]I can handle my drink pal and it''s not like it''s special brew is it ?[/quote]

You must be related to the prat next to me, comes in late ( been in the pub ) sits for five minutes, needs a pee, comes back with a coffee, drinks it, needs another pee. Leaves after 40 minutes, goodness knows what he drinks, staggers back 15 minutes into the second half, within five needs another pee, comes back with a coffee... guess what.... leaves ten minutes before the end, " got to meet some friends in the pub "

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]I added the beer line to my post because after some matches it''s just what I need ! But I don''t believe in having any alcohol when driving. I shall enjoy it this weekend, as I''m staying in Norwich ''till after the Newcastle match maybe a pint before hand and a few after like most fans seem to enjoy  [/quote]Pop into the Nelson, would be nice to say hi[Y][/quote]That''s where were staying, so will probably have our after match meal in there.

Always wake up thinking, right, must get to CR  today, but something always gets in the way.  Example last week - get up 8.00 am, quick breakfast, kiss the dog and let the wife out, jump in the car and head towards Carrow Rd.  Two hours later realise what I''ve done and drive back, let the wife back in, clear up the dog mess in the living room and by then it''s too late to get to the match.  Such is life....no wonder I never get to matches

[quote user="Greavsy"]LDC, you could provide live updates on your match day routine for tonights match.

Enjoy.[/quote]Maybe at half time. Don''t want to miss any of the action trying to get freezing fingers to work my phone...

When im feeling it : Breakfast and pint at 9 at local pub, train into norwich with a couple of tinnies, few around various pubs in norwich wonder into the ground, stumble over big foot at the end of the row and fall into my seat, watch a bit of footy then moan that the trains are put on at daft times to get home.

when im not feeling it: drive in for 2ish, grab some food and sit and watch us win again.

LDC

Maybe at half time. Don''t want to miss any of the action trying to get freezing fingers to work my phone...

True Grit has special tips on his gloves that allow him to use his phone while scouting in the freezing cold wastes of the Anglian combination, they must sell these in your parts ?.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]LDC

Maybe at half time. Don''t want to miss any of the action trying to get freezing fingers to work my phone...

True Grit has special tips on his gloves that allow him to use his phone while scouting in the freezing cold wastes of the Anglian combination, they must sell these in your parts ?.[/quote]

True Grit is a superhero.  I bow in the face of his magnificence.