Sign in to follow this  
morty

John Ruddy.

Great performance yesterday, back to his best?

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpspkofnula.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpspkofnula.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The save from Noone was immense and as much as i have criticized him when he was poor at times, equally i will hold my hand up and say Ruddy is getting back to his form of past seasons gone by, wins breed confidence long may it continue :)

Great to hear that he was commanding his area and coming to claim crosses. So important when the defence is under pressure from a Warnock team that lumps the ball into the box at every opportunity.

Yes, Ruddy''''s back to his best and I never doubted him! I never felt mcGovern would become our number one. Save from Noone was class, but he was good every aspect

As a general point, do people think that the players could have a new lease of life etc, seeing as they know that nobody is leaving , from now until the end of the season, and there is no more uncertainty/doubt, and we could be in for a real resurgence in performances/form?

I tend to agree he''s starting to look much more like the Ruddy of old. has made a few really good saves in some recent games and just looks more agile and commanding. Makes a big difference to us as for 18 months or so he just seemed to stop making saves and I feel we conceded a few goals we should not have.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I tend to agree he''s starting to look much more like the Ruddy of old. has made a few really good saves in some recent games and just looks more agile and commanding. Makes a big difference to us as for 18 months or so he just seemed to stop making saves and I feel we conceded a few goals we should not have.[/quote]I think having a settled defence in front of him helps.Klose is really looking the part in recent games, he has got used to the Champs now, I think.

Yes I agree that does also make a difference but I feel like for quite a while we just had a really poor shots to goals ratio defensively and quite a few shots found the bottom corner that were not always that powerful. Ruddy now appears to be getting his form back and saving a few of those sort of shots.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Yes I agree that does also make a difference but I feel like for quite a while we just had a really poor shots to goals ratio defensively and quite a few shots found the bottom corner that were not always that powerful. Ruddy now appears to be getting his form back and saving a few of those sort of shots.[/quote]All symbiotic though, if the defenders put the attacker under more pressure, and make him rush his shot, it isn''t going to be as good quality.But yeah, he is getting down a bit quicker to shots.Overall I think the defence have cut out some of the silly mistakes.

Think the competition from McGovern has been very good for Ruddy. He was coasting at times last season and Rudd never looked a convincing replacement.

Ruddy has said the club hold an option in his contract so guessing that will be triggered before the end of the season.