Sign in to follow this  
morty

Press conference - Team news.

No gentleman''s agreement re Wildschutt, he is available.Naismith probably not, Jarvis travels with the squad. Maddison unavailable with back injury.Paddy said, reading between the lines Wes could be rested.Mulumbu available.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]It shouldn`t be too intimidating for Wildschutt unless all 5 Wigan fans have a go at him ;)[/quote]Ha, indeed, there was quite a hoo ha about some of his comments after he left!

Yeah there was but i don`t think he meant it how it sounded and followed up with an apology but still i think is gonna get it on Tues night,lol

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Yeah there was but i don`t think he meant it how it sounded and followed up with an apology but still i think is gonna get it on Tues night,lol[/quote]Oh aye, for sure, I think he''ll get a lively reception. I assume Alex will have talked to him about it, make sure he''s prepared.

A few other snippets;

Dijks was struggling on Sat but battled on.

Ruddy has a extendable year written into his contract.

AN believes if Norwich go on a good run now we''d be a hard force to stop. Certainly sounds like a man on a mission.

Does anyone think AN /ncfc would come out and say if there was an agreement for him not to play, as it''s now not allowed to be written into contracts, I''m sure the FA would have something so say about it, if admitted.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Does anyone think AN /ncfc would come out and say if there was an agreement for him not to play, as it''s now not allowed to be written into contracts, I''m sure the FA would have something so say about it, if admitted.[/quote]Of course not.But it would be the easiest thing in the world to say "Yanic is only just back from a hamstring injury, and was feeling it a bit on Saturday, we''d rather that injury doesn''t reoccur, so we''ll make a late decision".

He doesn''t always give the best answers to journos questions Greavsy.

If he''d said, FA doesn''t allow agreements of that nature it would have put the journo on the back foot and given him more control of the interview, he doesn''t seem to think of things like that.

I notice Lansbury played for Villa at Forest at the weekend, no gents agreement there. He got lots of stick from the Forest fans too. No McCormack though, as he''s on loan rather than transferred. His first game for them will be against us.

Number 9 wrote the following post at 06/02/2017 12:34 PM:

He doesn''t always give the best answers to journos questions Greavsy.

If he''d said, FA doesn''t allow agreements of that nature it would have put the journo on the back foot and given him more control of the interview, he doesn''t seem to think of things like that.

I would think most manager dislike speaking to the press, as have to be so on their guard about letting the slightest bit of info out.

They are football people at the end of the, so must be a pain.

[quote user="Woodman"]I notice Lansbury played for Villa at Forest at the weekend, no gents agreement there. He got lots of stick from the Forest fans too. No McCormack though, as he''s on loan rather than transferred. His first game for them will be against us.[/quote]Not if he hasn''t climbed over his leccy gates it won''t be![;)]

Some managers enjoy holding court with the press others really dislike it.

Tony Pulis for doesn''t sit down in most of his press conferences so he can get out the door as soon as possible. Wenger on the other hand enjoys the conversations and often chats with members of the press once the conference has ''finished''.

AN use to be very open with the media and this has come back to bite him at times but generally it is better to be on good terms with the press pack as they will be more likely to back you when you need it. Due to the short shrift people like Pulis, Allardyce and in particular Billy Davies give the press the knives often get drawn for these guys pretty quickly.

Press conferences shouldn''t be adversarial and it most certain isn''t about putting the journos ''on the back foot''. As ultimately, unless you are Alex Ferguson, it will come back to bite you.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Some managers enjoy holding court with the press others really dislike it.

Tony Pulis for doesn''t sit down in most of his press conferences so he can get out the door as soon as possible. Wenger on the other hand enjoys the conversations and often chats with members of the press once the conference has ''finished''.

AN use to be very open with the media and this has come back to bite him at times but generally it is better to be on good terms with the press pack as they will be more likely to back you when you need it. Due to the short shrift people like Pulis, Allardyce and in particular Billy Davies give the press the knives often get drawn for these guys pretty quickly.

Press conferences shouldn''t be adversarial and it most certain isn''t about putting the journos ''on the back foot''. As ultimately, unless you are Alex Ferguson, it will come back to bite you.[/quote]

Nothing will ever beat Joe Kinnear''s brilliant press conf. at Newcastle.Be careful, it''s definitely NSFW.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NQqnc_ue0