Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Wigan

Several references to tonights game..............sorry to be pedantic, but unless I''ve missed a day I think you''ll find we play Wigan TOMORROW.

I actually thought the 3-5-2 worked fairly well at Brentford and but for some poor finishing it could easily have resulted in three points. Would like to think that the formation could be used again away from home if the situation requires it.

However for tomorrow evening I''d like to think that Mulumbu for Tettey will be the only change.

I''d rather see Hoolahan play Wigan and rested for the home game against Burton. I know he''s probably tired after Saturday. All away games are tricky with Wigan no exception. Pritchard should do the job but it''s going to be risky ? Rotherham was suppose to be a "banker". Without Hoolahan it''s going to be stressful.

My initial thoughts.

Ruddy

Pinto Klose Martin Dijks

Murphy Howson Malumbu Hoolahan Wildschut

Jerome

Suspect if we can get in front and look comfortable (unlikely as that may be ??) he''ll bring on Oliviera for Jerome and Pritchard for Hoolahan. Think this will be tougher than Forest at home and Burton away.

Godfrey and Pritchard for Tettey and Wes. Hope he doesn''t put Mulumbu in, Godfery really needs to be given a chance and Pritchard needs to start in his best position in the middle. Other than that can''t see any point in tinkering

Would much rather see Godfrey play than Mulumbu- kids got a load of potential and Mulumbu is a bit crap (and surely off at the end of the season).

Whoops sorry folks - got the fixtures mixed up. Game after Wigan is Forest at home not Burton.

Thanks for mentioning it Aberdeen.

Ruddy

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Dijks

Mulumbu, Howson

Ja. Murphy, Pritchard, Wildschut

Jerome

Bench: McGovern, Whittaker, Bennett, Mulumbu, Jarvis, Wes, Oliveira.

Not necessarily the exact team I would personally go with - but what my prediction is!

[quote user="king canary"]Would much rather see Godfrey play than Mulumbu- kids got a load of potential and Mulumbu is a bit crap (and surely off at the end of the season).[/quote]I was at a game when Mulumbu stepped in, and he was actually okay.

Am interested in seeing the line up later but we obviously have to note AN knows more on player fitness etc

Has Wilschut fully recovered from hamstring injury to play two games in 3 days

And is Dijck fit enough for 2 games in 3 days... If not then I guess it''s hello Whittaker.

Just hope we get the 3 points but it will no doubt be a tough game.

[quote user="king canary"]Would much rather see Godfrey play than Mulumbu- kids got a load of potential and Mulumbu is a bit crap (and surely off at the end of the season).[/quote]
Not sure why people are putting down Mulumbu, he has been solid performer for us when called upon, he is certainly far from cr*p

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="king canary"]Would much rather see Godfrey play than Mulumbu- kids got a load of potential and Mulumbu is a bit crap (and surely off at the end of the season).[/quote]
Not sure why people are putting down Mulumbu, he has been solid performer for us when called upon, he is certainly far from cr*p
[/quote]It was an away game recently I saw him play, can''t remember which one, and he put in a decent shift. He was knackered at the end, as he is obviously short of match fitness, but I thought he looked alright.

He is at best bang average. He''s slow, easily turned and generally pretty unfit.

He was signed to be a first teamer in a Premier League team. He''s now barely a backup in a Championship side.

[quote user="king canary"]He is at best bang average. He''s slow, easily turned and generally pretty unfit.

He was signed to be a first teamer in a Premier League team. He''s now barely a backup in a Championship side.[/quote]No one is saying he should start every week, but he is an adequate stand in for the odd game.

I''d much rather that time was given to a young player like Godfrey to help him grow and develop.

I''m just always a tad baffled by how people look at Mulumbu and go ''he''s been a decent signing.''

Thought Mulumbu has beed=n alright this season. Got unlucly with injuries in his first season and obviously Neil favourites like Tettey and O''Neil were always going to be hard to budge.I highly doubt he joined with the intent of sitting on his arse for 2 years.

[quote user="king canary"]I''d much rather that time was given to a young player like Godfrey to help him grow and develop.

I''m just always a tad baffled by how people look at Mulumbu and go ''he''s been a decent signing.''[/quote]Has anyone said he''s a decent signing? I don''t think I have ever seen anyone say that.He''s a squad player, you need players like him who can be called upon.Alex actually sees Godfrey as more of a centre back, I like to see young players developed too, but it has to be controlled carefully.

@Keiran

This is the kind of thing that confuses me.

So he''s not good enough to displace Tettey or O''Neil but has been decent? I don''t get it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]He is at best bang average. He''s slow, easily turned and generally pretty unfit.

He was signed to be a first teamer in a Premier League team. He''s now barely a backup in a Championship side.[/quote]No one is saying he should start every week, but he is an adequate stand in for the odd game.[/quote]
This ^ I watched Godfrey away at Leeds, looked massively out of his depth, he is a promising player but I would be very surprised to see him start tonight. I''d think Mulumbu will start, bring Godfrey on later when Mulumbu starts to flag.

Mulumbu was a write off last season. Poor in every game he played.

He has been much improved this season (from a very low baseline) and is more than capable of being backup to Tettey atm.

Hard to know how match fit Mulumbu is though after another injury and not really playing in the Cup of Nations.

I mean Mulumbu runs a bit like a baby giraffe but he can do a limited stand in role and this season at least, you know generally what you''re gonna get from him. 

Its a must win game, so I think Godfrey will be on the bench. Shame we aren''t in a better position where we could throw him in more against the lower teams. Pritchard in for Wes Wildschut must play.

AN seems to suggest that both new signings will be in the squad, despite the exhaustion of Djks on Saturday. Mulumbu will surely replace Tettey.

The question otherwise is what to do about Wes, who could be replaced by Pritchard, about the one striker - did Jerome do enough on Saturday, and Jacob, who seems less energetic and effective than earlier in the season.

[quote user="Salopian"]AN seems to suggest that both new signings will be in the squad, despite the exhaustion of Djks on Saturday.[/quote]
AN has clearly stated that Dijks will "be fine", he got some cramp and played through it without issue, saying he was exhausted is a bit of an exaggeration.