Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Wigan

Seems with Tettey suspended and Wes likely to be rested tonight, there will be at least a couple of changes to the team.  Dijks not fully up to fitness (cramping after 60 mins on Sat) and not sure if Wildschut will be a good choice going straight back to Wigan, so maybe a 352, resting Jacob, too ?                        Ruddy             Martin Bennett  Klose Pinto  Howson  Mulumbu Pritchard Jarvis               Oliveira  JeromeIt''s different, but trying to make use of the squad and the availability of players.  Murphy(s) to come on if needed.

[quote user="Goss Volley"]Get Wildeschut in there he''ll probably score! I''d go with the same team from Cardiff just swapping Mulumbu in for Tettey[/quote][Y]

No way we can go with Jarvis at left back.

The heavy run of games a double edged sword in terms of Dijks fitness. Should help get him up to speed quickly over the next few weeks but he must be shattered after Saturday.

I really hope we don''t rest Wes but if we do then Pritchard the obvious like for like replacement.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Seems with Tettey suspended and Wes likely to be rested tonight, there will be at least a couple of changes to the team.  Dijks not fully up to fitness (cramping after 60 mins on Sat) and not sure if Wildschut will be a good choice going straight back to Wigan, so maybe a 352, resting Jacob, too ?                        Ruddy             Martin Bennett  Klose Pinto  Howson  Mulumbu Pritchard Jarvis               Oliveira  JeromeIt''s different, but trying to make use of the squad and the availability of players.  Murphy(s) to come on if needed.

[/quote]

Although I wouldn''t change much from Cardiff, i do like the look of this side. Jacob Murphy for Jarvis though, as he and pinto would be wing backs.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]No way we can go with Jarvis at left back.

The heavy run of games a double edged sword in terms of Dijks fitness. Should help get him up to speed quickly over the next few weeks but he must be shattered after Saturday.

I really hope we don''t rest Wes but if we do then Pritchard the obvious like for like replacement.[/quote]With five games in 15 days starting at Cardiff, we''ll have to switch it up a little bit I reckon, but no point changing for the sake of it. I''d go with the same back four from Saturday, then Mulumbu in for Tettey, Pritchard in for Wes. Whittaker will probably need to come on when Dijks gets tired.

Regarding the five games in fifteen days, I am always of the opinion that the most important game is your next one, and you should always put the strongest team out, to win the game.Remember this "rest Wes" thing has just come from a journo, Alex Neil never actually said it.

Well with the games coming quick and fast I imagine AN will feel the need to make more changes than he''d probably want to.

There''s no way Wes is going to start all five of those games, so with that in mind I''d rather Pritchard starts so he can try to play himself into some form. He''s a fantastic player, and if we can get him and Wes firing then it''s only going to help us for the run-in. Then 20-30 minutes of Wessi magic against tiring legs could be awesome!

LDC, I think the odds of that being our actual lineup are as about as likely as us making the top 2. Did you choose it simply because you like to be a bit different or because it actually has any tactical validity? While I do subscribe to the many universe theory, I don''t believe in any of them that AN will go with your lineup or formation.
We are not going to play two up front, Jarvis is going to be on the bench (unfit) and also is RM! Murphy is young and has the energy to play (won''t be rested unless injured) Bennett is very unlikely to start and this is also a formation that will never feature as a starting lineup, we have a tried and tested 4-2-3-1 that is currently putting us top of the form table why would you make such significant changes?                        Ruddy        Pinto  Martin  Klose  Dijks
             Mulumbu  Howson
 Ja. Murphy  Hoolahan*  Wildschut
                       Jerome

*Judging AN''s comments it''s possible Hoolahan will be rested, so I can see Pritchard coming in here.

[quote user="Ginja"]
Jarvis is going to be on the bench (unfit) and also is RM! [/quote]
I retract this, I''ve always thought he was right footed and right sided but apparently he plays with both feet equally well!
I still don''t think he''ll start anyway due to fitness anyway.

[quote user="Ginja"]We are not going to play two up front, Jarvis is going to be on the bench (unfit) and also is RM! Murphy is young and has the energy to play (won''t be rested unless injured) Bennett is very unlikely to start and this is also a formation that will never feature as a starting lineup, we have a tried and tested 4-2-3-1 that is currently putting us top of the form table why would you make such significant changes?[/quote]

We have used three at the back this season and two up front this season - at Brentford - and Oliveira and Jerome started that match (which on chances we should have won, so it could well work again).  In fact my team has 9 of the Brentford away match in it.  The other 2 -

Tettey and Brady.  Include Howson as I have done and there is then imo only one questionable figure in my selection - Jarvis - and he can play left or right. But I accept he may not be completely match fit - but his experience may be useful.  Would obviously prefer Wildschut there, but not sure if he will play (gentleman''s agreement?). 

Such gentleman''s agreements were outlawed by the FA a few years ago.

Guessing Pritchard in for Wes and Mulumbu in for Tettey. Dijks will start due to lack of cover and AN and his physios to say a little pray to God before the game to help protect his hamstrings.

[quote user="morty"]Regarding the five games in fifteen days, I am always of the opinion that the most important game is your next one, and you should always put the strongest team out, to win the game.Remember this "rest Wes" thing has just come from a journo, Alex Neil never actually said it.[/quote]

Agree entirely. Rest when we have to.

Alex Neil has talked about how it isn''t good for Wes if he has to play a series of games in a short space of time. AN has also said in the past that he feels Wes is more suited to home games than away games - these little nuggets and previous trends suggest that Wes will be rested on Tuesday, although it will likely come down to the physios assessment of him.

If clubs don''t rest players when they need it then it leads to increased chances of injury. Best to rest Wes for one game now, than lose him for a couple of months with a muscle injury. Modern football clubs have lots of little techniques and gizmos to measure how when a player needs rest or risks injury. Arsenal use video technology to see how long the flat of the foot stays on the ground while running as one of the many factors to determine tiredness.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ginja"]We are not going to play two up front, Jarvis is going to be on the bench (unfit) and also is RM! Murphy is young and has the energy to play (won''t be rested unless injured) Bennett is very unlikely to start and this is also a formation that will never feature as a starting lineup, we have a tried and tested 4-2-3-1 that is currently putting us top of the form table why would you make such significant changes?[/quote]

We have used three at the back this season and two up front this season - at Brentford - and Oliveira and Jerome started that match (which on chances we should have won, so it could well work again).  In fact my team has 9 of the Brentford away match in it.  The other 2 -

Tettey and Brady.  [/quote]
A match we didn''t win and didn''t score any goals in, brilliant idea [Y]

Just because one formation is working now doesn''t mean others shouldn''t be tried and as LDC points out the 5-3-2 at Brentford did work well in creating chances, just the strikers couldn''t finish them - which isn''t the formation''s fault.

With only one left back of reasonable ability at Norwich at the moment developing a system that negates that potential issue isn''t a bad idea - the 5-3-2 LDC suggests does that, and plays to the potential strength of having 2 in form strikers at the moment.

Young Jacob probably could do with a rest, and that has been the case for a while now. Young players, especially those who play attacking roles, need resting more than those between 25 - 30 who should be at peak fitness.

Interesting to see what AN does (although it certainly won''t involve Jarvis in a starting role).

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ginja"]We are not going to play two up front, Jarvis is going to be on the bench (unfit) and also is RM! Murphy is young and has the energy to play (won''t be rested unless injured) Bennett is very unlikely to start and this is also a formation that will never feature as a starting lineup, we have a tried and tested 4-2-3-1 that is currently putting us top of the form table why would you make such significant changes?[/quote]

[/quote]The main reason we didn''t score several goals and win the game comfortably was Cameron Jerome''s rustiness, having come into the starting eleven after a run of games out. The other reason was Brentford making quite sure that Pritchard couldn''t reproduce his MOM performance against them at Carrow Road. Despite Pritchard being shackled, the scoreline could easily have been 0:4 to us. Since then Cameron Jerome has sharpened up. Jarvis apart, I see nothing wrong with LDC''s suggested lineup; I''d play Whittaker at left wing back if playing Dijks is deemed a risk. That said, I doubt if AN will go three at the back; I think he did it against Brentford specifically to arrest the losing streak playing away.

LDC

Seems with Tettey suspended and Wes likely to be rested tonight, there will be at least a couple of changes to the team. Dijks not fully up to fitness (cramping after 60 mins on Sat) and not sure if Wildschut will be a good choice going straight back to Wigan, so maybe a 352, resting Jacob, too ?

Mostly I am looking forward to the match report from our most knowledgable of plastics after tonight''s game .

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ginja"]We are not going to play two up front, Jarvis is going to be on the bench (unfit) and also is RM! Murphy is young and has the energy to play (won''t be rested unless injured) Bennett is very unlikely to start and this is also a formation that will never feature as a starting lineup, we have a tried and tested 4-2-3-1 that is currently putting us top of the form table why would you make such significant changes?[/quote]

[/quote]The main reason we didn''t score several goals and win the game comfortably was Cameron Jerome''s rustiness, having come into the starting eleven after a run of games out. The other reason was Brentford making quite sure that Pritchard couldn''t reproduce his MOM performance against them at Carrow Road. Despite Pritchard being shackled, the scoreline could easily have been 0:4 to us. Since then Cameron Jerome has sharpened up. Jarvis apart, I see nothing wrong with LDC''s suggested lineup; I''d play Whittaker at left wing back if playing Dijks is deemed a risk. That said, I doubt if AN will go three at the back; I think he did it against Brentford specifically to arrest the losing streak playing away.[/quote]
You''d play Whittaker? f*cking hell... If we''ve any hope of promotion Whittaker''s main contribution will be keeping the bench warm.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]LDC

Seems with Tettey suspended and Wes likely to be rested tonight, there will be at least a couple of changes to the team. Dijks not fully up to fitness (cramping after 60 mins on Sat) and not sure if Wildschut will be a good choice going straight back to Wigan, so maybe a 352, resting Jacob, too ?

Mostly I am looking forward to the match report from our most knowledgable of plastics after tonight''s game .

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂[/quote]
"He hasn’t played for a while with the winter break in Holland but he pretty much refused to come off the pitch. He took his gels, cracked on and got the job done. It shows mental strength as much as anything else. He’ll be fine. The one thing about him is he is determined to play. He hasn’t come here just to see how he does. He is desperate to get us to the Premier League and he wants to test himself at the highest level.” - Alex Neil

Ginga

Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd wrote:

LDC Seems with Tettey suspended and Wes likely to be rested tonight, there will be at least a couple of changes to the team. Dijks not fully up to fitness (cramping after 60 mins on Sat) and not sure if Wildschut will be a good choice going straight back to Wigan, so maybe a 352, resting Jacob, too ? Mostly I am looking forward to the match report from our most knowledgable of plastics after tonight''s game . 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

"He hasn’t played for a while with the winter break in Holland but he pretty much refused to come off the pitch. He took his gels, cracked on and got the job done. It shows mental strength as much as anything else. He’ll be fine. The one thing about him is he is determined to play. He hasn’t come here just to see how he does. He is desperate to get us to the Premier League and he wants to test himself at the highest level.” - Alex Neil

Did you reply to the wrong thread ?

@Ginja"You''d play Whittaker? f*cking hell... If we''ve any hope of promotion

Whittaker''s main contribution will be keeping the bench warm."Whitts has played only a couple of games for us at left back, but one of those was the Neil Adams 0:0 draw at Stamford Bridge, when he was outstanding. I can''t remember whether he got MOM that day, but his performance rated high enough to make him a candidate. And in point of fact, my suggestion is playing him at left wing back in the 3:5:2 if Dijks is unavailable, not at left back in a back four.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]@Ginja"You''d play Whittaker? f*cking hell... If we''ve any hope of promotion

Whittaker''s main contribution will be keeping the bench warm."Whitts has played only a couple of games for us at left back, but one of those was the Neil Adams 0:0 draw at Stamford Bridge, when he was outstanding. I can''t remember whether he got MOM that day, but his performance rated high enough to make him a candidate. And in point of fact, my suggestion is playing him at left wing back in the 3:5:2 if Dijks is unavailable, not at left back in a back four.[/quote]
That was three years ago and he had Olsson supporting him...