Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Havent slept...

[quote user="VanWink"]Much more relevant skill set for a CEO when dealing with a Board.[/quote]It literally holds true with any job, I do it with my boss all the time.Makes you wonder just how things worked at Wolves....

[quote user="VanWink"]Maybe he came up against an immovable object.[/quote]

Are you suggesting a Wild Snorlax blocked his path?!

The fact that Morty and Scott both make reference to Delia''s butt seems worrying.

If Moxey truly had been overly cheeky I can understand why they agreed to plough different furrows.

At least it''s all behind them now, although finding out exact details is a big ass.

[quote user="Number 9"]The fact that Morty and Scott both make reference to Delia''s butt seems worrying.

If Moxey truly had been overly cheeky I can understand why they agreed to plough different furrows.

At least it''s all behind them now, although finding out exact details is a big ass.[/quote]She is a fine looking woman[;)]

I have it on good authority that they are making the 112th series of Auf Wiedersehn Pet and Moxey was needed for filming.

Agreed Morty, but having set the strategy, there is loads of�ways of delivering it, which should be down to the CEO. I suspect he�agreed to come, thinking he was�gong to be given the freedom to navigate City to a new era, when in reality, he was merely an administrator.

Can everyone else see those weird question mark things in my last message? What the ell are those?

On the mobile (with one of Bill Gates fine Windows phones), on the Park and Ride in Cardiff. Maybe my phone is up the swanny!

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Agreed Morty, but having set the strategy, there is loads of�ways of delivering it, which should be down to the CEO. I suspect he�agreed to come, thinking he was�gong to be given the freedom to navigate City to a new era, when in reality, he was merely an administrator.[/quote]A CEO really is just an administrator though.The board of directors shape policy and the CEO applies it.Yeah, sure, he''s not there just to mind the shop, but the structure is that he is responsible for the day to day running of the club, not to decide policy.

Morty

"A CEO really is just an administrator though.

The board of directors shape policy and the CEO applies it.

Yeah, sure, he''s not there just to mind the shop, but the structure is that he is responsible for the day to day running of the club, not to decide policy."

The latter part of that is true, but the actual role of the CEO depends very much on his relationship with the Chairman and the Board. In our case Edd is very much a figure head Chairman whereas there are other Chairman who basically want to run the clubs themselves.

As for City I would expect a CEO to be advising the Board and steering it to help it achieve the common objectives. It would be unusual for the board to disregard the CEO''s advice, if that happened too often then his position would become as you said in the first part, just an administrator,

I believe when Moxey left Wolves they did away with a the CEO role completely, wonder if that''s something we are considering?

[quote user="VanWink"]Morty

Yeah, sure, he''s not there just to mind the shop, but the structure is that he is responsible for the day to day running of the club, not to decide policy."

The latter part of that is true, but the actual role of the CEO depends very much on his relationship with the Chairman and the Board. In our case Edd is very much a figure head Chairman whereas there are other Chairman who basically want to run the clubs themselves.

As for City I would expect a CEO to be advising the Board and steering it to help it achieve the common objectives. It would be unusual for the board to disregard the CEO''s advice, if that happened too often then his position would become as you said in the first part, just an administrator,

I believe when Moxey left Wolves they did away with a the CEO role completely, wonder if that''s something we are considering?[/quote]Steve Stone certainly hints at structure change.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptgz8i5nVmw

Give Steve Stone the job.

Save money.

McNally was both very good and very bad at the same time.

Moxey didn''t make much positive impact as far as the fans went. His abdication pleases me, but I cannot say exactly why.

Delia''s in charge in any case.

If we fail to go up in the next two seasons I, for one, will long for this mythical rich investor ... Chinese, Thai, American or from outer space doesn''t matter.

The alternative will be an 1p5wich style decline into Championship mediocrity and loss making. Selling our best to survive. Gems like Madisson will be the first to be flogged to keep the books in order.

That''s the way it is. Face up to it one and all.

[quote user="VanWink"]Morty

I believe when Moxey left Wolves they did away with a the CEO role completely, wonder if that''s something we are considering?[/quote]At Norwich the CEO is a member of the board and therefore has a vote on any policy. Yes it is his job to apply it but certainly during the days of McNally the CEO also had a big a say on the football side of matters being a member of the infamous '' football board '' however i am not too sure that aspect still operated under Moxey.

Get a batman spotlight, but change the silhouette to a gritter. That should work.

I actually began to believe you were who you made yourself out to be True Grit. If what you say is correct you would know exactly why he left as the real reason is

'' Norwich was not what he was told it was going to be ( not sure what was different ) and he has left to do what he has wanted to do ie become a football agent ''

If you did not know that you did not know Moxey

I can see us ending up with a Chief Operating Officer (Steve Stone) responsible for all non footballing matters, and a sporting director (Hodgson?) responsible for playing budgets, transfers, contracts etc and the link between the manager and the board.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I can see us ending up with a Chief Operating Officer (Steve Stone) responsible for all non footballing matters, and a sporting director (Hodgson?) responsible for playing budgets, transfers, contracts etc and the link between the manager and the board.[/quote]I''d actually be really pleased with that setup LC.Wouldn''t have wanted Roy as manager, but as Director would be a great choice, similarly I think Stone could do a sterling job in that aspect.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I can see us ending up with a Chief Operating Officer (Steve Stone) responsible for all non footballing matters, and a sporting director (Hodgson?) responsible for playing budgets, transfers, contracts etc and the link between the manager and the board.[/quote]
That''s the impression I get from Steve Stone''s excellent interview where when he was asked if he''d be applying again he hinted the position may be different.
It seems the club haven''t been drifting along while the fans were shouting. This transfer window appears to have been handled well and I can see us having younger driven people in key positions being supported by some older wisdom. Much better to make our own model than follow someone elses.

The further I get into this, the more things aren''t adding. My investigations are being hindered by certain individuals linked to the club. I can''t go into detail, but there have been some odd goings on since I started to unearth some of the facts, which have led me onto further lines of enquiry. I''ve moved temporarily to an undisclosed location where I can continue my work, Dussindale has become compromised.

The truth is out there.

TG

If you''re going off-grid, will you still be able to keep lines of communication open with us TG? Wouldn''t want to compromise your safety, or become compromised myself. Any warning signs we should be looking out for?

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 04/02/2017 5:06 PM:

I can see us ending up with a Chief Operating Officer (Steve Stone) responsible for all non footballing matters, and a sporting director (Hodgson?) responsible for playing budgets, transfers, contracts etc and the link between the manager and the board.

Yep, so can I.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]If you''re going off-grid, will you still be able to keep lines of communication open with us TG? Wouldn''t want to compromise your safety, or become compromised myself. Any warning signs we should be looking out for?[/quote]

I can''t say. Need to keep moving. Be vigilant - expect the unexpected.

TG, I think this may have some bearing on the matter. This is a transcript of the relevant section of a much longer script that appeared on my darknet search engine when I typed in the words " Moxey Black Lodge"

...P98/V367/J876/J87/K98/G34/COOPER/COOPER/COOPER/674/Y78/K78/H54/D23/THE/OWLS/ARE/NOT/WHAT/THEY/SEEM/B789/W26/MN78/JK78/DP45/C454 ...

I await further instruction.

ron

TG, I trust you have your Bear Grylls survival kit with you and remember it''s safe using the Norwich bid Wi-Fi.

Best not to use the Gregg''s app and loyalty card for a while though, my sauce said the system might be compromised.

Be careful out there