Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Havent slept...

...since he ''stepped down''. I''ve got some information that ive gleaned from my contacts within the game - I need to keep it on my chest for now, but I assure you it''s not wholesome.

Rest assured, I shall work tirelessly until I get to the bottom of this.

The truth is out there.

TG

Thanks Mr Grit, it''s splendid having a professional on here who has inside knowledge.

As a scout leader, do you like Wildman with Dick? I''ve read that they have played with each other for years, have you been hands on with them before?

Best

TG

I can assure you we are thankful that you are on this site

Please continue to enrich it with your wisdom

Best

Me

I was talking to some of the staff at Delias last night and he was surprisingly popular with them, the barmaid said he was a really nice guy.

Jez did seem to come across as a nice guy, but it certainly seems like the club wanted to go in a different direction to Jez and that therefore the relationship was untenable.

I would love to know what it actually boils down to though - finances? the manager? investment?

I hope one day we do find out.

[quote user="AJ"]Jez did seem to come across as a nice guy, but it certainly seems like the club wanted to go in a different direction to Jez and that therefore the relationship was untenable.

I would love to know what it actually boils down to though - finances? the manager? investment?

I hope one day we do find out.[/quote]Gut feeling for me is the disconnect that started to appear that Delia probably considered was down to Jez to repair, and he didn''t see this is a priority.I can imagine McNally would have handled things in the last 3 or 4 months in a very different way.Am hearing lots of other snippets from various sources, but difficult to filter out what is nonsense.

Apparently, Jez was busy working late evening on transfer deadline day with the Brady to Burnley negotiations. He told Delia he was going to get some Chinese in, and she slapped him, saying she wasnt selling the club to foreign investment.

Morty

Am hearing lots of other snippets from various sources, but difficult to filter out what is nonsense.

I had an invite to the boardroom last week for Brum game, and never saw Jez, shame as i had a couple of things would lie to have asked him, heard a couple of comments that in hindsight made me thnk that maybe there was not a lot of confidence in his PR skills, and that he didn''t seem to welcome the spotlight.

Even if I did believe that TG is on the level, which I don''t, I don''t think you are going to get a fair report from someone who compared him to Jesus in an earlier thread and someone who goes mysteriously quiet when asked to provide proof to defend his opinions.

I suspect that there is nothing particularly exciting in all this. Moxey is well known for being bullish and not worrying about who he upsets to get his way. It''s most likely that he has been butting heads with Delia since day 1 (who also has a reputation for being bullish, etc), hasn''t really settled and decided it was a bad move.

While I agree with a number of posters that he wasn''t a good fit (ably demonstrated by his comedy, staged interview) I don''t want a "yes man" to replace him. We do need an astute footballing business man, who won''t let his heart lead his head.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Might be as simple as family reasons and not being able to settle. 

[/quote]

That''s not the case - him and Babette loved it here, could.often be seen strolling down Whitlingham and using the ski slope.

Mr Moxey!

Rule 1! You don''t mess with the Club''s Mother Matriarch.......

She''s the lady who''s index finger is the only one that''s allowed to touch the on/off socket switch - that powers her NCFC Train Set.......allegedly.

[quote user="True Grit"][quote user="lake district canary"]Might be as simple as family reasons and not being able to settle. 

[/quote]

That''s not the case - him and Babette loved it here, could.often be seen strolling down Whitlingham and using the ski slope.[/quote]

Not talking about the city (which we all know is the best anywhere), talking about his professional life. If he felt that he was being overly constrained by Delia, this would wind a character like Moxey up no end.

I just reckon he had had enough of being second guessed and countermanded (and maybe even blamed), so he walked.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="True Grit"][quote user="lake district canary"]Might be as simple as family reasons and not being able to settle. 

[/quote]

That''s not the case - him and Babette loved it here, could.often be seen strolling down Whitlingham and using the ski slope.[/quote]

Not talking about the city (which we all know is the best anywhere), talking about his professional life. If he felt that he was being overly constrained by Delia, this would wind a character like Moxey up no end.

I just reckon he had had enough of being second guessed and countermanded (and maybe even blamed), so he walked.[/quote]While I see what you''re saying, I would have thought the position of the club, and the direction the board want it to go in, would have been pretty comprehensively discussed at the interview stage. And Jez has been in and around football enough to know how Norwich City is run, and would have satisfied himself that he was happy with this.End of the day though, Delia is owner / majority shareholder, whatever you want to call her, and Jez Moxey was an employee. Anyone who thinks they can butt against their boss constantly is going to find out that they can only push so much.

The skill for the CEO is to set the he direction of travel and then make Delia think it''s her own idea.

[quote user="VanWink"]The skill for the CEO is to set the he direction of travel and then make Delia think it''s her own idea.[/quote]That is something that applies to virtually any job.You would have thought Jez would have known this.

Maybe he came up against an immovable object.

I wonder if he was aware of what she was going to say in the Times interview?