Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Win tonight...

We were due to play last Tuesday but Wigan played their FA Cup game at Man U on the Sunday. Worked out for us as it was transfer deadline day too so we could concentrate on that - including signing Wildschut.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]And we go 6th.

Anybody know why we are the only game tonight?[/quote]This game was rescheduled, for some reason. Did Wigan have cup commitments?And if we do go 6th, it will be a massive boost, for the team, and the fans.

Didn''t consider last Tuesday, and I''m sure that it was a boost not playing on deadline day - also when we played Brum, we were one a few games that day due to the FA cup

The confidence of seeing us in that top 6 (regardless of games played) will be infectious

We should of course already be comfortably in the top 6, even pushing first and second. Whilst I will be delighted if we go sixth tonight, it''s still so far a massive underachievement so far. But hey, onwards and hopefully upwards.

I expect us to win tonight.

Failure and the drops from the massive bubble that will have burst will soak all of Norfolk and beyond (parts of Kent at least.)

Back into a play-off spot and whilst Wednesday will have a game in hand it is worth noting that after tonight we our home/away games ratio is 14/16. A slight advantage.

Of course we SHOULD have been comfortably in the top 6, but we weren''t.

After Rotherham we were 8points off - we have clawed back 5 points in 3 games, possible the 8 in 4 games if we win tonight.

So whilst it has been an underachievement so far, its a miracle we still even have a shot

I''m hoping for a win tonight, but I''m not expecting it. All this talk of corners turned is premature. Beating Wigan will add credibility to it since, being second bottom in the league, this game does invite the "we only have to turn up to win" team mentality that is so often our undoing. Furthermore Wigan strengthened considerably in the transfer window, with Obertan and Bruce among those who joined. I think they''ll quite fancy their chances of doing a Rotherham against us.

They signed 8 players on deadline day! Including Omar Bogle, so it''ll be interesting to see how he plays. I saw a bit of their game v Sheff Wed on TV and thought they were a bit unlucky to lose to a deflected goal.

Having said that, we should have enough to beat them.

Nothing less than a win tonight. We have to establish some fear in the rest of the league and show them we are back. The opposition may have strengthened but that shouldn''t mean we have to worry about them.

And if we lose then we might have to accept that the chance of putting a long run together might be no more than hope and we will be fortunate to get that playoff place.

"Woodman"

They signed 8 players on deadline day! Including Omar Bogle, so it''ll be interesting to see how he plays. I saw a bit of their game v Sheff Wed on TV and thought they were a bit unlucky to lose to a deflected goal.

Having said that, we should have enough to beat them.

I agree with all of that, would add that Bogle looked keen, but probably needs half a dozen or so games to adjust to the step up to the chumps. They will battle, as we saw against Sheff Weds, but it is all about us.

It''s just another three points at the end of the day. We could lose tonight and then win our next three, or we could win tonight then lose the next three. We''ve already seen with this league that anybody can beat anybody and while it would be pleasing to win the game and disappointing to lose (or draw) it I don''t think anybody should be getting carried away either way.

We are in the middle of a number of winnable games including tonight, Saturday v Forest (at home, where we can beat anyone on our day). Then after Newcastle on Tuesday, its Burton away, then 1p5wich at home. I think we should be looking at 11 points minimum from those games.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]And we go 6th.

Anybody know why we are the only game tonight?[/quote]The game should have been played on 31st January but Wigan played at Old Trafford the previous Sunday and then were at home to Sheff Wed the following Friday on TV.Three games in six days would have been a bit much.