Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Norwich Airport

Grumble grumble, club splashing money on charters, too good to travel by bus, are they?

The club coach would have taken all of the kit, the players boots, shower gels, toothpaste, training bibs, first aid bucket and magic sponge, and the half-time oranges.

Maybe even dropped off a cardboard box of tat from Mr Moxley''s office to the black country on the way over.

was the team coach which was parked at the ground just to take them 8 miles to the Cardiff airport ?

Yes happens at majority of games means they get home and straight into resting / recovery and not wasting time travelling, day with families tomorrow and fly to Manchester after training on Monday morning.

"was the team coach which was parked at the ground just to take them 8 miles to the Cardiff airport ?

Yes happens at majority of games means they get home and straight into resting / recovery and not wasting time travelling, day with families tomorrow and fly to Manchester after training on Monday morning. "

I assumed that was the case , sounds like a good idea.

''''The club coach would have taken all of the kit, the players boots, shower gels, toothpaste, training bibs, first aid bucket and magic sponge, and the half-time oranges. ''............ djc''

I doubt the players would let the boots travel separately, bus breakdown etc. they can play in any old kit ,but not any old boots, Correct procedure is essential skeleton equipment travels with team, peripherals travel cheapest way.

Can''t forget that away game where the shin pads went missing so they had to go to JJB Sports before the game and buy a load. Wes celebrate his goal by running around with his shin pads aloft!

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''''The club coach would have taken all of the kit, the players boots, shower gels, toothpaste, training bibs, first aid bucket and magic sponge, and the half-time oranges. ''............ djc''

I doubt the players would let the boots travel separately, bus breakdown etc. they can play in any old kit ,but not any old boots, Correct procedure is essential skeleton equipment travels with team, peripherals travel cheapest way.[/quote]

is a case of sherry deemed an essential ?

otherwise I would assume that ''others'' would have travelled down on the coach given that these planes are usually only 20 seaters

I couldn''t see any scheduled flights so assumed it was a charter flightare there any direct flights to Cardiff ?

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''''The club coach would have taken all of the kit, the players boots, shower gels, toothpaste, training bibs, first aid bucket and magic sponge, and the half-time oranges. ''............ djc''

I doubt the players would let the boots travel separately, bus breakdown etc. they can play in any old kit ,but not any old boots, Correct procedure is essential skeleton equipment travels with team, peripherals travel cheapest way.[/quote]

My brother is middlesboro''s coach driver. All the gear travels on the bus, and yes.late for the play off final......inside job 😉

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Carlisle away :)[/quote]Yeh, rumour had it that the lesser-spotted-Lakey made a rare appearance that day but sadly I didn''t catch a glimpse.'' Shinpadgate '' may have made the headlines but more importantly ''twas the day Tangie''s umbrella was forgotten by it''s heartless owner. Not that it was ever mentioned on here...[;)]

Carlisle away was where in the pub near the ground i spotted an advert for a forthcoming gig with the wonderfully named '' Cliff Rescue & The Helicopters '' [:D].

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]'' Shinpadgate '' may have made the headlines but more importantly ''twas the day Tangie''s umbrella was forgotten by it''s heartless owner. Not that it was ever mentioned on here...[;)][/quote]Dead: William Moody, aka Paul Bearer, the pasty-faced, urn-carrying manager for performers The Undertaker and Kane has died at the age of 58

With a band name like that Tilly I had to Google them. Get the feeling that they might have split up due to musical differences, the gig guide on their website is for 2014, perhaps LDC can give us some local input, please tell us that Cliff Rescue and the Helicopters have not split up!!......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Cheers Tilly, mystery solved.......they are shite!!.......[/quote]Yeah but what a great name.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]'' Shinpadgate '' may have made the headlines but more importantly ''twas the day Tangie''s umbrella was forgotten by it''s heartless owner. Not that it was ever mentioned on here...[;)][/quote]Dead: William Moody, aka Paul Bearer, the pasty-faced, urn-carrying manager for performers The Undertaker and Kane has died at the age of 58[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation Mr. Tilson. When I first saw the picture I feared The Butler was back.

As I work at Norwich Airport would know this city team now flew out @5.30 to Manchester Ryanair corporate jet

[quote user="Hucks6"]As I work at Norwich Airport would know this city team now flew out @5.30 to Manchester Ryanair corporate jet[/quote]more info on that hereplane hire that is, not City''s flight

It was Ryanair flight no fr1891 landed at 6.10 at Manchester airport terminal 3 it was the city team as I work on the apron at Norwich and support Norwich I do happen to know what the city team look like