Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

Gunn Club Question/advice

Normal match days (3pm ko ) we eat on riverside before game and at end of game race back right away as its usually 3 to 4 hours from leaving car park.

For the Ipswich Game 12 noon K O, I plan to take my 2 grandsons (both 18+) to Gunn Club as a one off treat .

Question what is food choices after game, the only menu I can find on website is Pre match

Also does the pass give you admission before AND after game

Any advice appreciated.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Normal match days (3pm ko ) we eat on riverside before game and at end of game race back right away as its usually 3 to 4 hours from leaving car park.

For the Ipswich Game 12 noon K O, I plan to take my 2 grandsons (both 18+) to Gunn Club as a one off treat .

Question what is food choices after game, the only menu I can find on website is Pre match

Any advice appreciated.[/quote]Eat in Delia''s after the game? Or Yellows, if your kids are younger and more likely to like a burger?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Normal match days (3pm ko ) we eat on riverside before game and at end of game race back right away as its usually 3 to 4 hours from leaving car park.

Any advice appreciated.[/quote]Eat in Delia''s after the game? Or Yellows, if your kids are younger and more likely to like a burger?[/quote]Sorry, missed the bit about their ages!

MORTY WROTE "Eat in Delia''s after the game? Or Yellows, if your kids are younger and more likely to like a burger?"

That was what we have done in past for midday KO but as its one of their birthdays they fancy something different , they would also like to see any presentation etc.

only menu showing is Bar menu,

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]MORTY WROTE "Eat in Delia''s after the game? Or Yellows, if your kids are younger and more likely to like a burger?"

That was what we have done in past for midday KO but as its one of their birthdays they fancy something different , they would also like to see any presentation etc.

only menu showing is Bar menu,[/quote]I have eaten in Delia''s after the game before, thats pretty good, and Delia eats there too, so you can go say "hi" or boo her, whichever you like.Am maybe guessing Gunn club is only open pre game then?

I went with a group of friends to the Gunn club ahead of the Derby game (£20 a head). We had a 3 course sit down meal for £25 (I think). Very nice food, and yes, the Gunn club pass covers after the game too. As a one off, I enjoyed it, but wouldn''t want to spend £20 every game.

[quote user="Woodman"]I went with a group of friends to the Gunn club ahead of the Derby game (£20 a head). We had a 3 course sit down meal for £25 (I think). Very nice food, and yes, the Gunn club pass covers after the game too. As a one off, I enjoyed it, but wouldn''t want to spend £20 every game.[/quote]I won a couple of tickets for a pre-match meal in the Gunn Club at one of the fans forums. The two course meal was priced at £18. Thought the food was very good but I wouldn''t pay £20 just to get in the place.There were plenty of people there so it''s popular but most must have a season ticket in which case admission is a much more reasonable £5 or so.

Much depends on your match day routine. Mine''s generally to get to the ground around 30 mins before kick off, quick pint or hot drink, then watch the match and go straight home afterwards. Much as I''d like to, family commitments mean I just can''t justify going to the pub for a couple of hours before the game and then a debrief over a couple of pints afterwards.

[quote user="Woodman"]Much depends on your match day routine. Mine''s generally to get to the ground around 30 mins before kick off, quick pint or hot drink, then watch the match and go straight home afterwards. Much as I''d like to, family commitments mean I just can''t justify going to the pub for a couple of hours before the game and then a debrief over a couple of pints afterwards.[/quote]Thats a real shame, as quite often, those are the best bits!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Woodman"]Much depends on your match day routine. Mine''s generally to get to the ground around 30 mins before kick off, quick pint or hot drink, then watch the match and go straight home afterwards. Much as I''d like to, family commitments mean I just can''t justify going to the pub for a couple of hours before the game and then a debrief over a couple of pints afterwards.[/quote]Thats a real shame, as quite often, those are the best bits![/quote]They''re always the best bits for away games.

Went in the Gunn Club for the Wolves game as part of the "Fan of the match" experience. I thought it was decent enough. Food was good (pre-match only as I understand it), pretty standard choice of 3 starters, 3 mains and 2/3 desserts really. Forget what exactly the other options were, but I had fish and chips which was top notch, and a chocolate brownie for dessert which was also done to a high standard.
The post-game interview with MOTM (Howson) was interesting and a definite upgrade on walking to the car just in time to hear whatever mentalist from the fens is phoning in to CanaryCall. Be a cracker if we slap the scum again, to hear from whoever is MOTM straight after the game.

I have contacted the club and they confirm food served on a 12 KO is Pre Match only and from 9 am.

I plan to get there about 10.45 in the hope they serve an all day breakfast type of meal, I can not think they will be serving a roast or even Scampi from 9 am

Anyone know likely food choices for 12 KO