Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Your turn Delia!

Just help me out here Derby Canary.

That wonderful Derby team who ''played Newcastle off the park'' yesterday - were they the same Derby team who Norwich murdered 3-0 just a few weeks ago? Just checking because it seems odd.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Just help me out here Derby Canary.

That wonderful Derby team who ''played Newcastle off the park'' yesterday - were they the same Derby team who Norwich murdered 3-0 just a few weeks ago? Just checking because it seems odd.[/quote]I read that post in the voice of trench coated detective Columbo.[:D]

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Just help me out here Derby Canary.

That wonderful Derby team who ''played Newcastle off the park'' yesterday - were they the same Derby team who Norwich murdered 3-0 just a few weeks ago? Just checking because it seems odd.[/quote]

It was indeed Thirsty, playing the same Newcastle team that put 9(nine) past us in the last two fixtures!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear Derby -

The last two League fixtures between Norwich and Newcastle were Newcastle 4 Norwich 3 earlier this season and Norwich 3 Newcastle 2 last season.

Now I know that you''re --- ahem ---- a little bit weak on actual facts and the actual truth --- but you would embarrass yourself marginally less if you checked these things before flaunting your ignorance on a public message board.

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Just help me out here Derby Canary.

That wonderful Derby team who ''played Newcastle off the park'' yesterday - were they the same Derby team who Norwich murdered 3-0 just a few weeks ago? Just checking because it seems odd.[/quote]

It was indeed Thirsty, playing the same Newcastle team that put 9(nine) past us in the last two fixtures![/quote]

Sorry thirsty slight typo there it was of course 10 (ten) goals in the last two fixtures at Newcastle

Oh and Derby - a word on maths too.

As you are so unremittingly negative about Norwich City I expect that you''ve expunged that Norwich 3 Newcastle 2 match from your mind.

If that were indeed the case then Newcastle 4 Norwich 3 and Newcastle 6 Norwich 2 makes 10 (that''s 10) goals for Newcastle.

Number bonds to 10 ----------- 6+4 = 10. Its what six year old kids do in school.

Fair enough on the maths Derby - I''d typed my post before I saw your correction.

Now it''s just the airbrushing Norwich City victories from history that you have to work on.

Money of course does matter Derby, our owners, compared to the majority of clubs in the two top tiers these days, have a modest amount, but the money that Delia has put into the club has more often been vital, combine that with her decision making, we have enjoyed many seasons in the top flight, which in turn, has given the club the Premier riches.Just simply take the last 20 years as a whole, the club has enjoyed many highs and lows, ups and downs, but i have enjoyed it immensely, and i would imagine  so has the majority of City fans, im thankful that Delia has been at the helm and wish her many more seasons in her role.You dont have to go far down the road, 40 miles or so, to see a rival, stuck in limbo year after year. They could argue they have solid steadiness, but my goodness, it  comes with a boredom factor off the scale.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Money of course does matter Derby, our owners, compared to the majority of clubs in the two top tiers these days, have a modest amount, but the money that Delia has put into the club has more often been vital, combine that with her decision making, we have enjoyed many seasons in the top flight, which in turn, has given the club the Premier riches.Just simply take the last 20 years as a whole, the club has enjoyed many highs and lows, ups and downs, but i have enjoyed it immensely, and i would imagine  so has the majority of City fans, im thankful that Delia has been at the helm and wish her many more seasons in her role.You dont have to go far down the road, 40 miles or so, to see a rival, stuck in limbo year after year. They could argue they have solid steadiness, but my goodness, it  comes with a boredom factor off the scale.[/quote]

Fair comment Essjayess. I think my frustration in the main is caused by our failure to capitalise when we have worked so hard to achieve PL status, often due to blindingly obvious poor decisions.

Well if there''s one thing I can credit you with derby it''s using Derby FC losing to Newcastle as a stick to beat the club with.

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="Essjayess"]Money of course does matter Derby, our owners, compared to the majority of clubs in the two top tiers these days, have a modest amount, but the money that Delia has put into the club has more often been vital, combine that with her decision making, we have enjoyed many seasons in the top flight, which in turn, has given the club the Premier riches.Just simply take the last 20 years as a whole, the club has enjoyed many highs and lows, ups and downs, but i have enjoyed it immensely, and i would imagine  so has the majority of City fans, im thankful that Delia has been at the helm and wish her many more seasons in her role.You dont have to go far down the road, 40 miles or so, to see a rival, stuck in limbo year after year. They could argue they have solid steadiness, but my goodness, it  comes with a boredom factor off the scale.[/quote]

Fair comment Essjayess. I think my frustration in the main is caused by our failure to capitalise when we have worked so hard to achieve PL status, often due to blindingly obvious poor decisions.[/quote]Give us a list of what we should have done to capitalise.Try not to include "Get richer owners". or "buy better players".Or use hindsight, as thats way too easy. Its a pity this site doesn''t have a facility to view an entire posters history, I''d like to go back and see if you were a wee bit excited, just like everyone else was, when we signed players like van wolfeswinkel.

Great post Essjayess!! I''m actually proud to have owners who really care about the club and regardless of decisions, have the best interests of the club at heart. Which other clubs can say that they''ve had a ''let''s be avin you'' moment.....? It was a bit cringey but it showed passion, a will to succeed and a love for the club.

@Nutty

I don''t think I said the owners shouldn''t choose who is on the board. I just think it would be good for them to choose someone from outside of their relatives/mates right now.

@Morty

I''m still going with ''sign better players.'' I don''t see how you can remove that as something we should have done...

[quote user="king canary"]@Nutty

I don''t think I said the owners shouldn''t choose who is on the board. I just think it would be good for them to choose someone from outside of their relatives/mates right now.

@Morty

I''m still going with ''sign better players.'' I don''t see how you can remove that as something we should have done...[/quote]More expensive players, or better ones? Or does it not matter? It kinda falls into my hindsight bracket though, doesn''t it?Were you excited when we signed wolfie?

[quote user="king canary"]@Nutty

@Morty

I''m still going with ''sign better players.'' I don''t see how you can remove that as something we should have done...[/quote]
I get that Kingo. So they should choose but their choices should be within the parameters you choose....

Is there some sort of requirement that has closet binners using the word Canary in their login names ?DerbyHighlandLincoln

Be quite interesting to hear the following people''s views as to where the problem lies:

Paul Lambert

Alan Bowkett

David McNally

Jez Moxey

Lambert took so much stick for jumping ship due to his ''ambition''.

Think it was more that he had identified that we simply did n''t have any and that we already had a nose bleed at the level we were at! Risk can be a very dangerous thing (particularly in this industry) but just like in life you will not get far without calculated risk!

I''m, it''s actually spelt "hambishun"

Can you try and keep your spelling correct

Thank you, sincerely.

Bulldog Rummin;

Is there some sort of requirement that has closet binners using the word Canary in their login names ?

Derby

Highland

Lincoln

Certainly not, when I set my profile up I was young, innocent and fully unaware of such possible outcomes............

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Be quite interesting to hear the following people''s views as to where the problem lies:

Paul Lambert

Alan Bowkett

David McNally

Jez Moxey

Think it was more that he had identified that we simply did n''t have any
and that we already had a nose bleed at the level we were at! Risk can be a very dangerous thing (particularly in this industry) but just like in life you will not get far without calculated risk![/quote]So what would you say was the cause of your club not achieving anything in the last 15 years - even less than us ?

Don''t understand anyone wanting or trying to hound her out.

Not listening to any potential takeover or investment enquiries I find to be absurd and against the best interests of the club.

But as long as no suitable takeover is forthcoming and I''d be more than happy to let her judge who a suitable owner would be if they came calling then I have no problem with them in situ and planning on leaving the club to Tom Smith. I can''t see why anyone else would have a problem with it either.

The later Neil Doncaster years aside she''s been a damn good custodian and has done a lot for the club. Calling for her to leave and sell to just whoever comes along I find a bit short sighted and unnecessary.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Don''t understand anyone wanting or trying to hound her out.

Not listening to any potential takeover or investment enquiries I find to be absurd and against the best interests of the club.

But as long as no suitable takeover is forthcoming and I''d be more than happy to let her judge who a suitable owner would be if they came calling then I have no problem with them in situ and planning on leaving the club to Tom Smith. I can''t see why anyone else would have a problem with it either.

The later Neil Doncaster years aside she''s been a damn good custodian and has done a lot for the club. Calling for her to leave and sell to just whoever comes along I find a bit short sighted and unnecessary.[/quote]Can''t disagree with any of that.The whole "suitable offers" thing has been turned into some that she is turning away good offers, I''d like to see the evidence to back up their theories.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Be quite interesting to hear the following people''s views as to where the problem lies:

Paul Lambert

Alan Bowkett

David McNally

Jez Moxey

Think it was more that he had identified that we simply did n''t have any and that we already had a nose bleed at the level we were at! Risk can be a very dangerous thing (particularly in this industry) but just like in life you will not get far without calculated risk![/quote]
This is just mental. Doesn''t bear any scrutiny whatsoever. 
Paul Lambert fell out with Bowkett and McNally and probably saw Villa''s American owner (who was lauded by some of the dimwits on here) as more ambitious. He soon found out the reality of that and jumped ship to Blackburn with their ambitious Indian owners (who were lauded by some of the dimwits on here) but found out that reality and left there too. now he''s at Wolves with their ambitious Chinese owner (who is lauded by some of the dimwits on here). What will he find? Are dimwits always wrong or will he strike gold this time?
This ambition thing is something that folk aim at our club when they''re disappointed by results. The reality is that the club has more ambition than most similar clubs. Your own two, Derby and the binners, are testament to that.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Horse Renoir"]Don''t understand anyone wanting or trying to hound her out.

The later Neil Doncaster years aside she''s been a damn good custodian and has done a lot for the club. Calling for her to leave and sell to just whoever comes along I find a bit short sighted and unnecessary.[/quote]Can''t disagree with any of that.The whole "suitable offers" thing has been turned into some that she is turning away good offers, I''d like to see the evidence to back up their theories.[/quote]good luck with that

Delia did the right Thing getting Moxey out of the club !

people who do not know facts of things that go on at the club are quick to jump all over Delia but if you really knew what went on you would understand she did was right for the club !

Ok she Hired him but you Never know what a employee is like until they work with you

She found out the rest is history

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Delia did the right Thing getting Moxey out of the club !

people who do not know facts of things that go on at the club are quick to jump all over Delia but if you really knew what went on you would understand she did was right for the club !

Ok she Hired him but you Never know what a employee is like until they work with you

She found out the rest is history[/quote]Yes. That is the way I understand it as well.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Delia did the right Thing getting Moxey out of the club !

She found out the rest is history[/quote]

It''s called ''due diligence'' old lad. Close scrutiny of his record spoke for itself. There were, we are told, excellent candidates ''queuing up'' for the highly paid role. But just like many other things....our board got it wrong!