Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Your turn Delia!

Come on Delia,'' let''s be avin you''....out of our Club!

A couple of recent wins may placate a few of the fickle fans but realistically you have turned our Club into a shambles.

Whatever we thought of Moxey (he was yet another costly wrong appointment) we have now lost two chief execs and a decent chairman under your watch and we are back again to a board without a clue about football.

The real problem with our Club sadly remains!

If I was a successful, multi-millionaire business woman I probably wouldn''t be looking for advice from Derek from Derby on how to run my empire, or any other yokel, poundworld dwelling inbred looking to spew his two-penneth after a few dodgy weeks at the office!

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]If I was a successful, multi-millionaire business woman I probably wouldn''t be looking for advice from Derek from Derby on how to run my empire, or any other yokel, poundworld dwelling inbred looking to spew his two-penneth after a few dodgy weeks at the office![/quote] [Y] [:D]

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Thisisbabyish"]If I was a successful, multi-millionaire business woman I probably wouldn''t be looking for advice from Derek from Derby on how to run my empire, or any other yokel, poundworld dwelling inbred looking to spew his two-penneth after a few dodgy weeks at the office![/quote] [Y] [:D][/quote]

This is the problem Herman, she does not seek advice and unlike real business people (eg R Branson) she does not surround herself with sufficiently qualified individuals capable of giving advice!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Her mum ?[/quote]Someone on here was telling me that Delia''s mum has to approve all the transfers, so makes sense.

What Thisisbabyish said just about sums it up.

It matters not how much money she''s got (that was accumulated from her ability to bake buns/write decent cook books). The fact is she has proven time and time again that she knows nothing about football. As I have said previously this would matter little if she recruited those that did, not from her list of so called celeb friends (politicians/comedians/family) who have generally even failed at what they did. The key people that DID have football knowledge have all left, probably out of acute frustration!

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I did read some where that Delia has given as a percentage of her income, more that any other club owner ![/quote]

Can we please (just for a moment) forget the money. It''s her ability to run a Club, hire and fire appropriate board members/management with which we have an issue! Please don''t tell me that she does not make these decisions, Delia makes the final decision on everything much like Fred Goodwin did for RBS. Unfortunately the end result for both of these ''institutions'' is likely to be the same!

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]I did read some where that Delia has given as a percentage of her income, more that any other club owner ![/quote]

Can we please (just for a moment) forget the money. It''s her ability to run a Club, hire and fire appropriate board members/management with which we have an issue! Please don''t tell me that she does not make these decisions, Delia makes the final decision on everything much like Fred Goodwin did for RBS. Unfortunately the end result for both of these ''institutions'' is likely to be the same![/quote]I presume you have evidence of this ?And that the other 48% (or so) shareholder are happy to sit by and be over ruled on everything ?Also what is this that you have been issued ?

When there is a family shareholding in excess of 50% it does not matter a jot whether the other shareholders are happy. Thought you could work that out!

Actually it does.Directors would simply resign en masse if they actions were routinely taken that they disagreed with.The idea of a board of directors is to share knowledge, discuss and implement the ideas that arise - otherwise why is there a board of directorsThat you don''t seem to be aware of this might explain many of your other idiotic posts....all of which seem to be attacking the club in some way or another

Directors would simply resign en masse..........

Did I imagine it or is n''t that exactly what every Director with a modicum of football knowledge (and some others) have done over the past 24 months?

I don''t think it is a massive leap to suggest the majority shareholders will have final decision on most things. Of course they surround themselves with directors and other board members to offer advice and expertise, how much notice they choose to take of it is up to them though.

I am a tad concerned our board is now three family members and a friend of theirs from outside of football.

[quote user="king canary"]I don''t think it is a massive leap to suggest the majority shareholders will have final decision on most things. Of course they surround themselves with directors and other board members to offer advice and expertise, how much notice they choose to take of it is up to them though.

I am a tad concerned our board is now three family members and a friend of theirs from outside of football.[/quote]

Exactly my point Kingcanary!

But Kingo, isn''t that what all owners to? What other football club owners don''t choose who is on the board?

I doubt you''ll find any who let the fans choose.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But Kingo, isn''t that what all owners to? What other football club owners don''t choose who is on the board?

I doubt you''ll find any who let the fans choose.[/quote]

Of course not NN, but successful Football Clubs much like any other business choose Board members with sufficient knowledge of the business they are in to be able to make a contribution. Also a spread of knowledge to cover all scenarios. Not just because they are celebrity mates or relations!

I would imagine thats what they think theyve done Kingo. And, although you can always find a few clubs doing better at any given moment in time, they have consistently made good decisions to enable the club to fight above its financial weight.

Sorry Kingo. That was was Fox Derby.

If you are in Derby perhaps you could comment on a few of your local clubs who consistently fail to match ours?

Have a look at the League table at the end of the season Nutty! Did you not see the Newcastle game yesterday, played them off the pitch in their own back yard and were extremely unlucky to lose. I will never be a Derby fan but I know good football when I see it!

Lets not worry about what may or may not happen Derby. Let''s look back over the last few seasons of what HAS happened. I assume you use that to form an opinion rather than pie in the sky.