Sign in to follow this  
morty

Match thread.

[quote user="The gut"]I think it''s reasonably clear how much Alex rates him also. He only seems to put him in the starting line up of a league game when there isn''t much choice.[/quote]Yup, he is last choice, but the fact he is even on the pitch shows how much you need your squad sometimes.

[quote user="daly"]Morty will you be posting all through the night???[/quote]Depends if you have anything interesting to say?

No

Over and Out

PS Hope you enjoyed your pie and pint think you sat near me by the big screen in the posh area

[quote user="daly"]No

Over and Out

PS Hope you enjoyed your pie and pint think you sat near me by the big screen in the posh area[/quote]Nope, I wasn''t there.

Just back from the game and bemused to see all this carping about Mulumbu, here and in the comments on the main site. I thought he had a decent game - not without fault, but no-one ever is at our level. Personally, I''d rather see him play than Tettey - I''ve never seen what everyone else seems to see in him. If he was tired after 60 minuites, which I didn''t see, it''s because he did a lot in those 60 minutes.I already like Pritchard and thought he had a great game. Also Cam Jam and Nelson worked well together, shame we probably won''t see them together too often.

Likewise Nuff Said, I''m just back too. Mulumbu was quite useful, perhaps untidy at times but broke up play well. Howson was tidy, Pritchard industrious. Although Oliveira was my MOTM I thought the tactics were wrong for this game. We ended up with a kind of League One good all up to the two front men. Their number 33 was cute all game and gave little room a should I say being kind. Wildschut didn''t look like a £7m man and didn''t seem to understand his role somehow. He was strangely subdued but possibly affected by the abuse he got anytime he got close to the ball. 2-2 possibly fair result. We are no world beaters. Top 6? I''m really unsure and still remain to be convinced this season. In summary...Wigan closed well, we were the better team but I still think not as good as maybe 6 to 8 other teams I''ve seen this year. One final thing, we missed Hoolihan tonight.

[quote user="sonyc"]Likewise Nuff Said, I''m just back too. Mulumbu was quite useful, perhaps untidy at times but broke up play well. Howson was tidy, Pritchard industrious. Although Oliveira was my MOTM I thought the tactics were wrong for this game. We ended up with a kind of League One good all up to the two front men. Their number 33 was cute all game and gave little room a should I say being kind. Wildschut didn''t look like a £7m man and didn''t seem to understand his role somehow. He was strangely subdued but possibly affected by the abuse he got anytime he got close to the ball. 2-2 possibly fair result. We are no world beaters. Top 6? I''m really unsure and still remain to be convinced this season. In summary...Wigan closed well, we were the better team but I still think not as good as maybe 6 to 8 other teams I''ve seen this year. One final thing, we missed Hoolihan tonight.[/quote]Cheers sonyc, always good to get the perspective of someone who was at the match[Y]Wigan perhaps weren''t the mugs people were talking them up as.

We''ve seen some poor teams this year ....Villa, Blackburn, Forest, even Wolves spring to mind but Wigan had some spirit.

Oh well i had dearly hoped we would be on 49 points tonight and again on Saturday would put pressure on 5th and 4th placed teams. But ....we didn''t lose.

I predict us beating Newcastle too and we could see Hudds taking 2nd spot soon.

[quote user="sonyc"]We''ve seen some poor teams this year ....Villa, Blackburn, Forest, even Wolves spring to mind but Wigan had some spirit.

Oh well i had dearly hoped we would be on 49 points tonight and again on Saturday would put pressure on 5th and 4th placed teams. But ....we didn''t lose.

I predict us beating Newcastle too and we could see Hudds taking 2nd spot soon.[/quote]Plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season.Theres a few cracks appearing at Newcastle, would be hilarious if they blew it!

I''d imagine it would be pretty damaging for a club of Newcastles size to be hanging round this league for too long as well. Big month coming up. 3 home games inc a derby, a chance to get something at Burton before a huge game vs Wednesday. I think we will have a clear idea where we will be headed after them 5 games.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Just back from the game and bemused to see all this carping about Mulumbu, here and in the comments on the main site. I thought he had a decent game - not without fault, but no-one ever is at our level. Personally, I''d rather see him play than Tettey - I''ve never seen what everyone else seems to see in him. If he was tired after 60 minuites, which I didn''t see, it''s because he did a lot in those 60 minutes.I already like Pritchard and thought he had a great game. Also Cam Jam and Nelson worked well together, shame we probably won''t see them together too often.[/quote]

I thought Mulumbu put in a lot of effort and was a nuisance - but his passing was pretty poor, leading to have to put in even more effort!. 

We''ll from the screen Lakey it appeared even short passing on the deck was difficult and the pitch dictated team selections and tactics. As someone said it was a bit like a league one game with the ball in the air too much. That''s no criticism because needs must. But it is a leveller and we had to scrap as hard as them to get anything. 4 goals and 0 from open play kind of backs this up.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Just back from the game and bemused to see all this carping about Mulumbu, here and in the comments on the main site. I thought he had a decent game - not without fault, but no-one ever is at our level. Personally, I''d rather see him play than Tettey - I''ve never seen what everyone else seems to see in him. If he was tired after 60 minuites, which I didn''t see, it''s because he did a lot in those 60 minutes.I already like Pritchard and thought he had a great game. Also Cam Jam and Nelson worked well together, shame we probably won''t see them together too often.[/quote]

I thought Mulumbu put in a lot of effort and was a nuisance - but his passing was pretty poor, leading to have to put in even more effort!. 

[/quote]A bit like Tettey then?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Just back from the game and bemused to see all this carping about Mulumbu, here and in the comments on the main site. I thought he had a decent game - not without fault, but no-one ever is at our level. Personally, I''d rather see him play than Tettey - I''ve never seen what everyone else seems to see in him. If he was tired after 60 minuites, which I didn''t see, it''s because he did a lot in those 60 minutes.I already like Pritchard and thought he had a great game. Also Cam Jam and Nelson worked well together, shame we probably won''t see them together too often.[/quote]I thought Mulumbu put in a lot of effort and was a nuisance - but his passing was pretty poor, leading to have to put in even more effort![/quote]A bit like Tettey then? [/quote]

I think Tettey tries to be positive with his passing, it just doesn''t always work.....

Zero chance of City making the top 6 this season and it will be the same story next season too if we keep this absolute joke of a manager , just how many millions has he now thrown away on players that are quite frankly useless , maybe its beause useless was his standard when playing .

What players has he signed that are ''useless''? I''ll admit some have underperformed but that''s about it.

It''s a team game, surely the league position reflects underperformance, as a collective?

Or did we have inflated expectations for the season?

[quote user="hogesar"]What players has he signed that are ''useless''? I''ll admit some have underperformed but that''s about it.[/quote]Andreu and Jarvis spring to mind added to that the saga of Canos.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="hogesar"]What players has he signed that are ''useless''? I''ll admit some have underperformed but that''s about it.[/quote]Andreu and Jarvis spring to mind added to that the saga of Canos.[/quote]Thats three out of how many?What percentage do other clubs get wrong?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="hogesar"]What players has he signed that are ''useless''? I''ll admit some have underperformed but that''s about it.[/quote]Andreu and Jarvis spring to mind added to that the saga of Canos.[/quote]Thats three out of how many?What percentage do other clubs get wrong?[/quote]You could add to that Mulumbu and the waste of space that was the loan of Bamford.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="hogesar"]What players has he signed that are ''useless''? I''ll admit some have underperformed but that''s about it.[/quote]Andreu and Jarvis spring to mind added to that the saga of Canos.[/quote]Thats three out of how many?What percentage do other clubs get wrong?[/quote]You could add to that Mulumbu and the waste of space that was the loan of Bamford. [/quote]So how many players do other clubs get wrong?Do you honestly expect us to get every single signing 100% right?

Did i say that i expected us to get it 100% right and in all honesty i am not really interested with the success rate of signings elsewhere ? For a club that wants to balance the books we have squandered a fair amount these last few windows which is something we can ill afford to do.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Did i say that i expected us to get it 100% right and in all honesty i am not really interested with the success rate of signings elsewhere ? For a club that wants to balance the books we have squandered a fair amount these last few windows which is something we can ill afford to do.[/quote]Then your post contradicts itself. If you don''t expect us to get it right 100% of the time, how can you not expect to not waste money on the few occasions we get it wrong?Mulumbu was free, Tony Andreu was a million quid, Canos we all got our money back on.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Did i say that i expected us to get it 100% right and in all honesty i am not really interested with the success rate of signings elsewhere ? For a club that wants to balance the books we have squandered a fair amount these last few windows which is something we can ill afford to do.[/quote]Then your post contradicts itself. If you don''t expect us to get it right 100% of the time, how can you not expect to not waste money on the few occasions we get it wrong?Mulumbu was free, Tony Andreu was a million quid, Canos we all got our money back on.[/quote]Double negative fail.

I said we are not a position to get much wrong because of the finances and we have certainly had a fair share of them in recent times. Mulumbu is on big wages, Canos cost us wages and a signing on fee which i do not think we got back unless you tell me otherwise.How about the money surrounding Vadis who had fallen off my radar. ? As for Andreu that million quid might has well of been poured down the drain.