Sign in to follow this  
morty

Match thread.

I watched the last 20 mins. or so of Wigan''s game against Sheff. Wed. & thought they were unlucky not to get anything out of the game. Their form has picked up a lot recently & they''ve just acquired Bogle, who, as we''ve just unfortunately discovered, knows where the goal is.

We should have won though. Not creating enough clear cut chances is becoming a bit of a problem.

The positives are that we are playing better in general and really dominated that game first half and should have been out of sight. Dijks looks good, Pritchard sounds like he had a good game and we have goals in us. We will be challenging for that top six.

The negatives are that once again our inability to defend properly has cost us, particularly from crosses and set pieces and whilst we remain so vulnerable in that area we are going to not win games we should do. I also feel that we came out second half and let them build up a head of steam and did not react to their sub/tactical change until they had scored two goals. We kind of sat back and did the same at Cardiff but got away with it that time. We are not generally good enough to defend a 1 goal lead away from home through containment so we need to stay on the front foot and at high tempo.

Branston

That''s the thing, pants - it''s often easier to play against the better sides, we''ve never been at our best against those at the bottom.

Exactly, it was only 2 seasons ago when going for promotion Wigan beat us at CR, if nothing else it will focus the minds even more for Forest on Saturday.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]A very decent away point against a team that will be challenging for promotion next season.[/quote]From League 1

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

If only someone had suggested that earlier...[/quote]Nah I still think it was the right decision to play him tonight, but no way he''s fit enough to play again Saturday.

Small steps, know it doesn''t seem enough as we lost too much ground over November/December, but, as with Huddersfield game in promotion season, could be a big point at the end of the season.

[quote user="morty"]I can see Ben Godfrey starting instead of Mulumbu on Saturday.[/quote]Many of realised months ago that Mulumbu is technically useless, slow & unfit. How come the Manager, who presumably watches him in training several times a week, hasn''t been able to see this.

Branston Pickle wrote:

''''That''s the thing, pants - it''s often easier to play against the better sides, we''ve never been at our best against those at the bottom.''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Which explains why our record against teams in and around us is so good.

A draw''s not great result given the way we dominated all but 20-25 mins of the match. Poor defending for first goal and a bad free kick to give away by Wildschut for the second. How often can we say that this season. Need 6 points from Forest and Burton now.

Mulumbo is never the right decision. He is right up there on our list of biggest waste of money. I''d rather play someone out of position

I must admit, when BBCRN decided they were heading over to Jack Reeve for his thoughts at half time (and the end) I wondered ''why?''. Is he a super fan or something because I didn''t pick up on anything remotely insightful, there''s far more interesting supporters on here in the nicest possible way.

[quote user="Alex "]I must admit, when BBCRN decided they were heading over to Jack Reeve for his thoughts at half time (and the end) I wondered ''why?''. Is he a super fan or something because I didn''t pick up on anything remotely insightful, there''s far more interesting supporters on here in the nicest possible way.[/quote]The lad thinks he is the next Jake Humphrey.

[quote user="morty"]Nah I still think it was the right decision to play him tonight, but no way he''s fit enough to play again Saturday.[/quote]Why is he not fit?. He''s been away playing football so if he was a true professional he would keep himself fit.If he really isn''t fir to play 2 games in 5 days then they need to stop his wages.That aside and in all honesty, he''s never been match fit since he came here and that is criminal

The thing with Mulumbu is he''s always injured or recovering from an injury and never seems fit enough to play 90 minutes once let alone twice in a row.

I think it was against Huddersfield he had to be hauled off at half time as looked knackered after about 30 minutes.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]I can see Ben Godfrey starting instead of Mulumbu on Saturday.[/quote]Many of realised months ago that Mulumbu is technically useless, slow & unfit. How come the Manager, who presumably watches him in training several times a week, hasn''t been able to see this.[/quote]

He Showed speed and athleticism to block a goal bound effort near the end.

But yeah, I agree with your sentiment.

Just don''t think you can have both Murhpys, Jerome and Oliveira on together, and of course Godfrey should have played instead of Mulumbu

[quote user="Alfie54"]Just don''t think you can have both Murhpys, Jerome and Oliveira on together, and of course Godfrey should have played instead of Mulumbu[/quote]So the manager gets criticised when he doesn''t make changes to try and win the game, then gets criticised when he does?Brilliant[Y]

The gut wrote the following post at 2017-02-08 2:05 AM:

Mulumbo is never the right decision. He is right up there on our list of biggest waste of money. I''d rather play someone out of position

Really! Didn''t he come free having been out of contract at WBA!!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Tilly wrote;

The lad thinks he is the next Jake Humphrey.

Think LDC match report will be more interesting than his synopsis tonite, hurry up Lakey ![/quote]Yes, I await with baited breath.....

quote user="Making Plans"

quote user="djc"

Mulumbu has been away from here for a few weeks - cut the guy some slack!

Mmmm, I think you''ll find he was away playing football so absolutely no excuse for being worse than useless

so what''s your excuse? You''ve not been away.