Sign in to follow this  
morty

Match thread.

Sounds a bit like the sort of game we were having earlier in the season- playing well going forward against one of the divisions lower lights but fragile at the back and always giving the opposition a chance.

[quote user="djc"]Mulumbu has been away from here for a few weeks - cut the guy some slack![/quote]Mmmm, I think you''ll find he was away playing football so absolutely no excuse for being worse than useless

[quote user="morty"]Meh, we didn''t lose.Plenty times recently we would have gone on to lose that.[/quote]2-2 at the bottom side has done nothing to convince me that this team with this manager and the current owners have enough about them to get promoted this season.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]2 points dropped, but...

Would you have taken 4points from these 2 away games before Cardiff? I would have done.[/quote]

Yes, I would have. A loss here in the circumstances would''ve had a devastating effect.

Whether we go up or not will be decided in the games against the teams in the top 10.

But... this game imo still exposes ANs incompetence. Too many risky changes.

People are happy with that shower. Wigan have strugged to score goals all season but not against our shower of ...

Absolute pathetic result and people are happy! Wigan are heading to league 1 and we are meant to be heading back to the prem.

Absolute no chance of promotion, we won''t even make the play offs. People are actually saying this is a good result. We led at WIGAN!

Yes Mulumbu is painfully unfit for a professional athlete. 90 minutes seems to be a struggle for him.

Also why do they insist on having this Jack Reeve lad on every week?

We didn''t lose but it''s the same old problems tonight, beat Forest this weekend and we can gloss over tonight as a one off.
Tonight merely serves as a reminder how difficult it is when you are playing catch up to the teams above, 3 pts is a bigger gap than it looks.

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]Not the end of the world a point away from home. [/quote]We have taken 1 point from away games with the 2 bottom Clubs who will both probably be in L1 next season.Not the end of the World but not far off

[quote user="Buh"]Personally, if like to hear seattles take on this[/quote]

Do you ever feel much like discussing football or the team you supposedly support? Trolling clearly is just too tempting.

The defending of set pieces sounded shaky all night.

And it has cost us two points. And I don''t see 4 points from these two games as any more than second prize.

Wins are what are needed for several reasons but certainly us being in the top six might have pressurised Wednesday.

I''m not bothered where we finish in the playoffs, 6th will do but we need to get in there first and then consolidate.

[quote user="king canary"]Yes Mulumbu is painfully unfit for a professional athlete. 90 minutes seems to be a struggle for him.

Also why do they insist on having this Jack Reeve lad on every week?[/quote]*Switches radio off*

Really, really poor result against an awful Wigan team. Particularly after going a goal ahead. Anyone who genuinely believes this team, under this manager are capable of the playoffs need to open their eyes.

Any points away from home have to be hard earned - some supporters think sides like Wigan are rubbish, but any team in this league has decent players and those at the bottom are fighting hard to stay up.

I''d have definitely taken 4pts going into these two games, it could''ve been more but we''re still on a decent run and showing some form when it''s needed. With 16 or whatever games left we''re very much in the mix.

@Morty

Yep it went off just after he started talking.

I don''t care about him getting ''shade'' on twitter. I actually want to hear from someone with some insight, something painfully lacking from that Radio Norfolk combo tonight.

Unfortunately a point isn''t of much help to us although better than nothing. Wednesday now have a game in hand and could go 5 points clear again. Teams below us can also add more pressure if they take advantage. 14 points off the top 2 having played a game more so LDC will surely now accept his belief we can get automatic promotion is as likely as Corbyn becoming PM.

Not a great result but could''ve been worse, keith we are 7th not 17th so ofcourse we have a chance at the playoffs.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

Yep it went off just after he started talking.

I don''t care about him getting ''shade'' on twitter. I actually want to hear from someone with some insight, something painfully lacking from that Radio Norfolk combo tonight.[/quote]I don''t like people who try and self invent themselves as "the voice of the fans", there is a lot of great opinion out there on My football writer, The little yellow bird project and Along come Norwich, all far more interesting than his.

If you don''t listen to Jack Reeve

how will he get his 12 views on YouTube?

Think about his feelings

1 point in 2 away games against the two bottom teams in the league who would take that.

AN should not have changed from 4-2-3-1.

With Pinto and Djiks getting forward, Martin and Klose were so badly exposed.

Further more Pritchard and Wildshut are never going to track back in the way that''s required with two very attacking fullbacks.

Pritchard should have come in for Hoolahan, and Godfrey for Tettey, and stayed with the formation that''s just won three on the trot. So frustrating, as normal.

[quote user="Bagster"]we are 7th not 17th so ofcourse we have a chance at the playoffs.[/quote]A slim chance of making them but zero chance of winning them

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Unfortunately a point isn''t of much help to us although better than nothing. Wednesday now have a game in hand and could go 5 points clear again. Teams below us can also add more pressure if they take advantage. 14 points off the top 2 having played a game more so LDC will surely now accept his belief we can get automatic promotion is as likely as Corbyn becoming PM.[/quote]It gets worse for him, if we drop another point before now and the end of the season, he''ll owe me a grand. [:D]

I suppose I would have taken 4 points out of 6 but we''re going to need far better away performances against far better teams if we are going to get to the play-offs. Season still in the balance!

Yes, it was Wigan, but still, 4 points from 2 away games and the unbeaten run continues. We''ll beat Forest Saturday, and it''ll still continue. Wigan may have been toothless before now but worth pointing out that they have just splashed out on a talented out and out goal scorer amongst 7 new signings, so it could be that this isn''t quite the same lacklustre Wigan that teams have played previously this season, but we''ll see.