Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

What was the attendance last night?

All the reports say over 27,000, which can''t be right, but the ground looked pretty full to me. Sheffield Utd only got 20,000, and they''re running away with the league!

[quote]All the reports say over 27,000, which can''t be right, but the ground looked pretty full to me. Sheffield Utd only got 20,000, and they''re running away with the league![/quote]

Ahem... As I was saying....

I can''t give you the exact figure, but I seem to recall the stadium announcer saying 24,800 and something. I know for sure it was under 25,000 and a reasonable bit over 24,000. There certainly didn''t appear to be many empty seats.

easy typo.

instead of 24,740 a simple error was made to make it say 27,440....

[quote]easy typo. instead of 24,740 a simple error was made to make it say 27,440....[/quote]

Thanks everyone. After Saturday''s game, and our overall start this season, last night''s attendance is truly something to be proud of.

actually , you can add on another 100 or so the people stuck on the delayed train from london . we missed the first 20 mins . bugger

Yoda, surely you would still have been included in the final total, wouldn''t you? After all, they leave it till late in the second half before announcing the attendance.

[quote]Yoda, surely you would still have been included in the final total, wouldn''t you? After all, they leave it till late in the second half before announcing the attendance.[/quote]

well i dont know about the other areas but the old boy on the gate at the snakepit didnt bother , even though i joked that i hoped we would be added on the attendance figure !