Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Manager of the Month CURSE OF DOOM

Yes, you know who has been nominated for January manager of the month.

I wonder if he''ll get round to mentioning it at a press conference any time soon?

Doom

I know this is voted for by a panel of so called experts, rather than the fans, but would be interesting to see who would vote for their own manager for this, given the ''curse''

Would people vote for an opposing manager?

AN will have to get some results if we have any chance of getting to the play-offs, so if we do have any chance then he will have to be nominated.

I see Tom Lawrence is nominated for player of the month. More like ''only hope left for desperate also-rans'' of the month?

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I hope he asks for a couple of gold stars on his tracksuit top if he gets it.

Apples[/quote]

Hope so, and then he can go f*** off to work in McDonalds.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I see Tom Lawrence is nominated for player of the month. More like ''only hope left for desperate also-rans'' of the month?[/quote]

I believe Lawrence is on nine yellow cards, be handy if he picks up another before the game with the binners

I wouldn''t be too worried about the Manager of the Month curse. We lost to Rotherham in January and they''re currently 10 points adrift of second bottom Wigan (who we also couldn''t beat this week) and 15 point shy of avoiding League One football next season.

the hatred for Alex Neil is shocking .. maybe instead of being critical of people you should actually try being human . It''s only football ..this forum is like a popularity contest to see who is the biggest w..anker ..

quote user="Nemzadze the hatred for Alex Neil is shocking .. maybe instead of being critical of people you should actually try being human . It''s only football ..this forum is like a popularity contest to see who is the biggest w..anker

I''m not advocate of personal abuse of the manager, the players or indeed a fellow poster. However, I do believe in personal accountability by individuals for the roles they perform.

CEO, needs to do his job properly, leading the club and disseminating the decisions made by the board into everyday business practices.

Manager, needs to help players reach their potential and devise suitable tactics for the upcoming games.

Players are expected to follow instructions and make some kind of effort in their work.

If those individuals are not performing then they should personally be accountable, initially to their employers but also to the paying customers, the supporters.

Alex Neil, as you mentioned, has been subject to criticism because the supporters have held him accountable for the poor results and tactics over the past eighteen months. Sometimes those supporters get overly emotional and blurt out something using bad language. (Much as you did)