Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Forest team

There''s quite a few decisions for Alex Neil this weekend, especially with the quick turnaround with Newcastle on Tuesday, not to mention choices in key positions. I think Wes will play; he may even play on Tuesday too given that he got a rest against Wigan. At home I think Wes should start more often than not. Tettey is still out so a decision to be made there. Mulumbu you can''t really see doing two in three days, so maybe a chance for the lad Godfrey. And of course, both strikers in form. I''ve gone for Oliveria because Forest is former club, and strikers love scoring against former clubs. A bit unfair to drop Jerome, but personally feel you always have to leave one on the bench due to limited options elsewhere to change the game (i.e. Just Lafferty). Back five picks itself, here''s how I''d go:-

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Dijks

Howson

Godfrey

Ja. Murphy

Hoolahan

Wildshut

Oliveria

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]There''s quite a few decisions for Alex Neil this weekend, especially with the quick turnaround with Newcastle on Tuesday, not to mention choices in key positions. I think Wes will play; he may even play on Tuesday too given that he got a rest against Wigan. At home I think Wes should start more often than not. Tettey is still out so a decision to be made there. Mulumbu you can''t really see doing two in three days, so maybe a chance for the lad Godfrey. And of course, both strikers in form. I''ve gone for Oliveria because Forest is former club, and strikers love scoring against former clubs. A bit unfair to drop Jerome, but personally feel you always have to leave one on the bench due to limited options elsewhere to change the game (i.e. Just Lafferty). Back five picks itself, here''s how I''d go:-

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Dijks

Howson

Godfrey

Ja. Murphy

Hoolahan

Wildshut

Oliveria[/quote]Yeah I think that makes sense, I''d be happy with that team.

Get on the blower to AN, team picked and more importantly approved.

He must be so glad to have the pinkun picking the team for him!!

Welcome back hoola.

I''m a fan of not changing the team too much, but agree will prob have one up front to give an option off the bench. I personally would go with CJ, but think AN will go with oliveria.

That may also happen if Naismith is fit again, as he could share some of the strikers role, and ask a different question.

Not many options in midfield, if mulumbu is fit, and plays like he did a few weeks ago I''d have him in everytime. Wary of a young Godfrey against a team like forest, but needs must maybe.

Wildschut to start, and back 5, I''d leave unchanged.

Get on the blower to AN, team picked and more importantly approved.

He must be so glad to have the pinkun picking the team for him!!

Looks good to me. Depends how Mulumbu is really. I''d rather play him at the weekend and then tettey is back for Newcastle.

I''d probably go with pritchard, Wes and naismith behind the striker. feels like one of them games where a few clever players would do more damage than perhaps the more direct wingers we have. They are always more effective bench options anyway to stretch tiring full backs.

If Naismith is fit he should play. One of the leaders in the pitch, he''s been great of late.

[quote user="ec-p"]If Naismith is fit he should play. One of the leaders in the pitch, he''s been great of late.[/quote]I agree, depends on his fitness though, and how much Alex wants to play Wildschutt.

It sounded like Pritchard had a good game so he probably won''t even make the bench tomorrow....

In all seriousness if Naismith isn''t fit I''d drop Mulumbu and Jerome for Godfrey and Wes and go back to 4-2-3-1 with Pritchard on the right, Wes in behind and Yanic on the left.

It seems Mulumbu did well v wigan until he tired, which coincided with their purple patch. Despite his apparent inability to put two consecutive good performances together I think I would start with him, using Godfrey as a sub as he starts to tire.

I am not sure I would start with a murphy; as with Mulumbu I thnk pritchard did enough to warrant keeping his place.

Wildschut is the one that we need more from; If naismith is fit I would put wildschut on the bench for an impact sub.

The key decision is one or two up top. Having used it for wigan away we may be surprised with both starting for a must win home fixture v forest. More long ball and set piece dependence but is seems we may have decided to true grit it out

[quote user="ZLF"]It seems Mulumbu did well v wigan until he tired, which coincided with their purple patch. Despite his apparent inability to put two consecutive good performances together I think I would start with him, using Godfrey as a sub as he starts to tire.

I am not sure I would start with a murphy; as with Mulumbu I thnk pritchard did enough to warrant keeping his place.

Wildschut is the one that we need more from; If naismith is fit I would put wildschut on the bench for an impact sub.

The key decision is one or two up top. Having used it for wigan away we may be surprised with both starting for a must win home fixture v forest. More long ball and set piece dependence but is seems we may have decided to true grit it out[/quote]I think he''ll revert to the preferred system, with Nelson on his own up top.We should be saving the ugly stuff for away games.

News from press conference: no Naismith for tomorrow and a major doubt for Newcastle game. Maddison also out. Thomson has had surgery on a ''major'' ankle injury and is out for the long term.

Will be interesting to see if Wes comes in or whether Pritchard''s good performance v Wigan will mean he keeps his place.

I think he''ll return to 4-2-3-1:

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Dijks

Mulumbu Howson

Jacob Wes/Pritchard Wildschut

Nelson

[quote user="Woodman"]News from press conference: no Naismith for tomorrow and a major doubt for Newcastle game. Maddison also out. Thomson has had surgery on a ''major'' ankle injury and is out for the long term.

Will be interesting to see if Wes comes in or whether Pritchard''s good performance v Wigan will mean he keeps his place.

I think he''ll return to 4-2-3-1:

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Dijks

Mulumbu Howson

Jacob Wes/Pritchard Wildschut

Nelson[/quote]Thats a real shame, Naismith is a player I''d definitely have liked to see in the team vs Newcastle.Or is Alex just playing games?[;)]

I wasn''t a fan of Naismith''s arrival and the price tag, and thoroughly unimpressed with his first few months here. However, in the last couple of months it looks as though he''s got his head down and his heart seems to be in it a lot more. I''ve been really impressed with his recent performances so disappointed that''s he''s out for a while.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I wasn''t a fan of Naismith''s arrival and the price tag, and thoroughly unimpressed with his first few months here. However, in the last couple of months it looks as though he''s got his head down and his heart seems to be in it a lot more. I''ve been really impressed with his recent performances so disappointed that''s he''s out for a while.[/quote]He has that niggle that I''d like to see keep Shelvey in check.

Am coming up tomorrow and would really like to get another look at Naismith... However as previously said would much rather have him back for Newcastle than Forest, wrap him up in cotton wool lol

Definitely a bit of a blow if Naismith is out for a while, has really stepped it up these last few months, we need his guile and passion. Fingers crossed he''s back for Newcastle.

[quote user="morty"]After having watched that it sounds like Mulumbu could well get the nod again![/quote]

To be fair might need Mulumbus experience then if he starts blowing out of his @rse bring on Godfrey and increase his first team experience

[quote user="Dorset Canary"][quote user="morty"]After having watched that it sounds like Mulumbu could well get the nod again![/quote]

To be fair might need Mulumbus experience then if he starts blowing out of his @rse bring on Godfrey and increase his first team experience[/quote]Yep, that works[Y]