Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Match of the week

Can you remember match of the week on Sundays with Gerry Harrison?. Always seemed to stumble over his words and was accused of being Ipswich fan by city supporters who would give him stick.

Not sure this link will work

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yWuAJn0KJdY

Remember it well.

As a youngster I worked in Roys off licence, and he regularly popped in there.

I was in the Barclay stand that day ,great atmosphere,did not seem to matter we only got a point ,it was just enough to be in the top league for the first time ever .see on the side of the stand the A-Z letters the half time scores were put on .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]LDC

Good coverage of City matches and great to get to see a good part of the match again on the Sunday. All you get now is 2 or 3 minutes highlights if you''re lucky. What price progress?

You do know that you get 90 mins if you GO to the game? 😳[/quote]

Yeah, I did on Tuesday. Did you?

Grew up with Match Of The Week and loved the local coverage especially as an appearance on MOTD was as rare as rocking horse sh1t.

I remember sitting through the last few minutes of Farming Diary waiting to find out who was on and being very upset when Scum were featured.

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 10/02/2017 12:33 PM:

The presenter was Gerald Sinstadt (?)

I''m sure Gerry Harrison was the presenter ?

Always remember Luton being on there a lot David moss and Bob Hatton 😀 and I used to be furious if we had a late Sunday dinner cos the old man was late out of the boozer so we couldn''t watch it ....

"Magic" Gerry Harrison , as christened by John Bond, was great. Match of Week was the "regional" version of MOTD, shown on Sundays, but oddly I can recall Hull City being shown as a regional team - I think something to do with the ITV regions at the time.

You always knew when we were on Match of the Week because there was a camera man on a massive crane behind the (Barclay or maybe River end I can''t remember) stand to give you the "behind the goal" action shot. It was usually freezing and he stayed up there the whole match.

In those days they had about three cameras to cover a game. Bit different to Sky these days,.