Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

A must win game

If ever there is one, today''s game must surely be a candidate. Forest although poor for most of season have tightened their defence in recent games so not as easy as are away game.But we should have enough to get all 3 points and keep this good run of performances going.A must win?,yes I think it is now.

What about if we draw today and win Tuesday? That would be 14 points out of 18, no defeat in 6 and the early stages of what could be a play off charge. Without beating Forest.

Winning is most important.

46 0-0 draws could see you relegated but 23 wins and 23 defeats would see you a lot nearer the play offs.

The time for fannying about with draws has gone now, nothing else than a win will do today.

[quote user="king canary"]It is only ''must win'' if you''re one of those who reckons the top two is still on.[/quote]Not at all, its a "must win" to keep in touch with sides above us, in the top 6, who are winning regularly. Also hoping that they slip up, so we can gain ground.Top two is not happening.

I know- I just believe we could not win this game and still make the play-offs. For me the must win games are against those in and around the top 6 that we need to make up ground on- if we drew today but beat Wednesday then that is better than the reverse.

[quote user="king canary"]I know- I just believe we could not win this game and still make the play-offs. For me the must win games are against those in and around the top 6 that we need to make up ground on- if we drew today but beat Wednesday then that is better than the reverse.[/quote]Or how about we win both?We must, though, make the most of our good home form, keep the current momentum going, and go into Tuesday on a high. A win against Newcastle could be huge for confidence.

The simple fact is we could win all our games and still not make the top two but win them all and we will definitely be in the play offs.

We have to play all the teams currently in the play off positions.

Could this be the two games to decide our season, gain 4 or 6 points from the next two home games, keep the gap to 6th place at around 5 points or less and every chance to push on with a confident squad of players.....on the other hand, gain 1 point or less from the next two could see 6th place a distant 10 point away and a very tough ask to make that gap up. (Not saying those in the top 6 will all win every game, but likely to gain a few points).

Must win no, but to keep momentum going it certainly is!

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

Well yes, obviously it''d be best if we win both. I don''t think that really needed pointing out?[/quote]I didn''t think that we should be trying to win every game either, needed pointing out[;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"]Feeling today, a 3-1 win for City. [Y][/quote]I''m thinking 3-nil. But my predictions recently haven''t been too good.

Not sure, Forest have tightened up, would take a 1-0 or 2-1 as we concede in most games, but I think it''ll end up 1-1.

At least 9 wins and no more than 3 defeats IMO.

It is still possible but no more than even money at best. The weakness at the back made no auto an easy call as far back as late October early November and any improvement has only been marginal.

I still retain hope but realistically I think the odds are against us.

[quote user="Indy"]Not sure, Forest have tightened up, would take a 1-0 or 2-1 as we concede in most games, but I think it''ll end up 1-1.[/quote]Apart from, of course, the two clean sheets in the last three games[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"]At least 9 wins and no more than 3 defeats IMO.

It is still possible but no more than even money at best. The weakness at the back made no auto an easy call as far back as late October early November and any improvement has only been marginal.

I still retain hope but realistically I think the odds are against us.[/quote]

10 wins from 16 games is remarkably similar to 9 wins and three draws...or as you say only three defeats....

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]What about if we draw today and win Tuesday? That would be 14 points out of 18, no defeat in 6 and the early stages of what could be a play off charge. Without beating Forest.[/quote].....an 1 point from 6 against the bottom 2 teams.

Indeed we have Morty and I''d be happy to take three clean sheets in four today!

Unfortunately our goals against Wigan still show that we struggle to pick up players in the box, we do concede a lot from crosses considering how big our back 4 is now.

I''d love three points today, it''s going to be tougher than 3-1 in my opinion.

I think if we average 2 points a game between now and the end of the season would put us on 74 points. Some years that''s been good enough to make playoffs some years it hasn''t. Need wins on the board as soon as.

Watching Wednesday last night, Rhodes could be the difference for them.

I''m not convinced Leeds will keep up this run, I''m hoping they will fall off the pace and we could catch them.

It''s not going to be easy to get to 70 points never mind 74 points.

We must get 4 points from the next two IMO.

I''ve seen the idea that ''at our best we can beat anyone'' a few times and I''ve not really seen any evidence for it. Our record against the top teams in this division is woeful.

With Wednesday winning last night we are now 5 points outside the playoffs. After today that will have a game in hand.

Failure to win today will put us potentially 6 or 8 points outside the playoffs if Wednesday win their game in hand

Home games are all must wins now imo

I don''t think that one point from two games against the bottom two is particularly relevant IF we end up in the top six. It''s a league where anyone can beat anyone, all that matters is that we get enough points to get in those play offs.

2-1 today.

The only remaining home games where 1 point would be acceptable is Newcastle and Brighton and that''s only because they are so far ahead of us. There is no margin for error now and that of course applies to oiur immediate rivals too.