Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Forest/Newcastle

Even if we win today, changes will have to be made for Tuesday imo and knowing that Mr Squad Rotation at Newcastle will make several changes for Tuesday from his team today, what changes would you make to our team today and Tuesday?    The Huddersfield game at CR was a bit of a reality check when Huddersfield made five changes from their Saturday game and were way fresher than us that day.  Benitez will do the same on Tuesday.So if you could make five changes in the team, what would they be?  For what it''s worth, here''s my choice.  Assuming Naismith still out and the back four and gk to be the same for both matches (can''t see any better than what we''ve got there), that would mean the five of the front six players changing. Today -  Howson Godfrey             Jarvis Pritchard Josh                    OliveiraTuesday -    Howson Tettey               Jacob  Wes  Wildschut                          Jerome

I ideally wouldn''t make five changes in midfield but we don''t exactly have much ability to rotate at the back.

If we have to make five though (assuming no Naismith...)

Today

Howson, Godfrey

Pritchard, Wes, Josh

Jerome

Newcastle

Howson, Tettey

Jacob, Pritchard, Yanic

Nelson

Too much tinkering and we lose the momentum from winning games.

I still believe Wes should have been at least sub against Wigan.

I find it hard to believe that a fit footballer doesn''t want to play as much as possible, and surely must be able to play just 20-30minutes midweek after a weekend.

Is that an age thing Lessingham? Taking one day at a time, 😋😋😋😋

I expect it will very much depend on which players are freshest on Monday and Tuesday, it''s inevitable that there will have to be some changes due to four games in eleven days. Big difference between being able to play every three or four days and being at your best for every one.