Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Warburton resigned at Rangers ?

Graeme Murty, who used to be one of the coaches here, is in charge for their game at the weekend.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Sky reported that Warburton and his management team have resigned from Rangers, he is now denying it, but club are saying they have accepted, turmoil in Scotland!![/quote]Uh-oh, waits on a "Why don''t we got for Warburton" thread!

was one who touted Warburton a couple of months ago, watched him the other night when Hearts docked them and was really disappointed with him, his tactics and his post match comments, Guilty as charged.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]was one who touted Warburton a couple of months ago, watched him the other night when Hearts docked them and was really disappointed with him, his tactics and his post match comments, Guilty as charged.[/quote]I think a lot of people got to the stage of "anyone but Alex Neil" and it perhaps clouded their judgement.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]My opinion is that if you shout for the managers head then you should at least be able to make a suggestion on a replacement, funny how things can unfold in an unexpected way.[/quote]It will be nice, if we achieve success this season, if the detractors can hold their hand up, and give credit to the board for sticking by their man.

I wasn''t calling for Neils head but I think Warburton would have been a decent shout had we pulled the trigger.

Even though rangers are a massive club they don''t have a pot to P1ss in compared to celtic. Given our resources in this league and taking account his record at Brentford he would have been worth a punt.

He thought he was going to Nottingham forest ..they done u turn .. Rangers accepted his resignation he''s a gone . That''s the rumour up in Scotland.

[quote user="Nemzadze"]He thought he was going to Nottingham forest ..they done u turn .. Rangers accepted his resignation he''s a gone . That''s the rumour up in Scotland.[/quote]Well thats awkward.Don''t Forest want him now?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]So Warburton is struggling in one of the most tinpot leagues imaginable? Not sure I''d want him at the Carra.[/quote]He was, perhaps falsely, built up, through people wanting anyone but Alex Neil.And I''m genuinely not sure why.

To be fair, he did a stellar job at Brentford, on a quite limited budget. Getting a club that size to the play-offs was a very good achievement. Indeed, although we played Whittaker in midfield, Brentford, featuring Pritchard, were one of the best teams we saw at Carrow Road that season.

His record at Rangers this season not particularly impressive though.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]To be fair, he did a stellar job at Brentford, on a quite limited budget. Getting a club that size to the play-offs was a very good achievement. Indeed, although we played Whittaker in midfield, Brentford, featuring Pritchard, were one of the best teams we saw at Carrow Road that season.

His record at Rangers this season not particularly impressive though.[/quote]Thats the bit I don''t understand, we have an expensive squad, and parachute payments, we aren''t actually doing things on a budget, are we?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Which is why I''m afraid Alex Neil has massively underperformed with this current squad.[/quote]There is obviously a level of manager that perhaps performs better when people have less expectations of them.

Which was why maybe Alex Neil''s many flaws last season were ignored or mistaken. If he''d been an experienced manager, especially a Premier League one, he would have taken a lot more flak. Personally I kept faith because of that wonderful first few AN months, and because I thought as a young manager he had plenty of time to learn.

I''m not a firm Neil in or Neil out anyway, but he definitely has to prove himself between now and May.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Which was why maybe Alex Neil''s many flaws last season were ignored or mistaken. If he''d been an experienced manager, especially a Premier League one, he would have taken a lot more flak. Personally I kept faith because of that wonderful first few AN months, and because I thought as a young manager he had plenty of time to learn.

I''m not a firm Neil in or Neil out anyway, but he definitely has to prove himself between now and May.[/quote]Absolutely.But whats the answer, get ourselves a Sam Allardyce?

All you need is a pint glass of wine and a dodgy hotel setting to get Allardyce interested. We''ve got the hotel on the corner and plenty of wine, so definitely in with a shout.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]All you need is a pint glass of wine and a dodgy hotel setting to get Allardyce interested. We''ve got the hotel on the corner and plenty of wine, so definitely in with a shout.[/quote]Lets hope his usual formula of spending 40 million in January preserves that "never been relegated" record this season.

Imo Warburton would still be a good shout if we were looking - he did a fantastic job at Brentford, it''s not his fault Scottish football is ropey, Celtic are just too big at the moment and it''ll take Rangers a while to get on a par whoever is their manager.

Warburtons rangers are 20-plus points behind the leaders Celtic, so something''s not quite right with his squad signings, performances and their Board''s expectations. Perhaps his ideas have gone stale? Rangers need to use their loaf over their next management appointment. In the meantime, will Warburton end up at Nottm Forest? He''ll need to earn a crust somewhere. Warburton s not one to just roll over.

[quote user="djc"]Warburtons rangers are 20-plus points behind the leaders Celtic, so something''s not quite right with his squad signings, performances and their Board''s expectations. Perhaps his ideas have gone stale? Rangers need to use their loaf over their next management appointment. In the meantime, will Warburton end up at Nottm Forest? He''ll need to earn a crust somewhere. Warburton s not one to just roll over.[/quote]

Remember Rangers were stripped of all financial assets, so they''ve had to rebuild from scratch. He''s got almost back to back promotions, so of course they''re a long way from Celtic this season.

Has AN ridden the storm, and how far can he take us. All credit to recent results, but we''ve looked wobbly all season (with one of the strongest squads in this league).

A draw against 2nd from bottom Wigan and anything less than a win today and I expect the knives will be out again ( and tbh we have to beat the likes of Wigan and Forest if we''ve got any chance)

Wharburton is one of the few I''d like here, but even with another catastrophic run of results before ,and if, our Board got rid of, Whartburton would again be long gone!

Here''s to an Olive hat-trick against his old club today!

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="djc"]Warburtons rangers are 20-plus points behind the leaders Celtic, so something''s not quite right with his squad signings, performances and their Board''s expectations. Perhaps his ideas have gone stale? Rangers need to use their loaf over their next management appointment. In the meantime, will Warburton end up at Nottm Forest? He''ll need to earn a crust somewhere. Warburton s not one to just roll over.[/quote]

Remember Rangers were stripped of all financial assets, so they''ve had to rebuild from scratch. He''s got almost back to back promotions, so of course they''re a long way from Celtic this season.

Has AN ridden the storm, and how far can he take us. All credit to recent results, but we''ve looked wobbly all season (with one of the strongest squads in this league).

A draw against 2nd from bottom Wigan and anything less than a win today and I expect the knives will be out again ( and tbh we have to beat the likes of Wigan and Forest if we''ve got any chance)

Wharburton is one of the few I''d like here, but even with another catastrophic run of results before ,and if, our Board got rid of, Whartburton would again be long gone!

Here''s to an Olive hat-trick against his old club today![/quote]^^THIS^^