Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Wolves

Wolves could have played all night and not scored! Better team for many periods but no killer touch! Newcastle and Brighton will be promoted no doubt!

Wasn''t having a go lakey, I like your optimism, but I live in World that''s more grounded and in my view realistic. Considering the slump we had a playoff place would be great and yeah everyone should behind the whole club right now. Onwards and upwards🍺

king canary wrote the following post at 11/02/2017 7:25 PM:

@greavsey

That question is a complete non-sequiter.

It''s actually non sequitur, 😙😙

I''ll try another way, we go to football to see our team win, but at 3up today, it was game over, but did people leave? No because they wanted more, although the game was already won.

Well I like to dream. And I''ve got old misery guts Highland on my side. Because if, as he says, Steve Bruce''s Villa are going to charge into the play offs then we can close the gap on the auto places...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]Lakey positivity is a good thing but blind faith and unrealism isn''t. We are not finishing in the autos.[/quote]Sometime you just have to believe.  It is still possible. Unlikely, but possible.

[/quote]
It''s not unlikely, it''s next to impossible. That''s the correct way to state it. Sometimes, Lakey, you do seem to take positions which are not only silly but lack the sensible thing to hope for and be optimistic about.
Newcastle needs a point and Brighton two points to mathematically eliminate Norwich from the automatics. It makes much more sense ( and did prior to your note today ) to recognize that those two teams, apart from the matches against us and each other, have to play at least eight matches between them against sides we are competing with for a playoff position. That''s why Norwich fans will hope we can do all we can to help ourselves and depend upon Newcastle and Brighton to do a job on those we are competing with for the playoffs. 

Haha Nutty!

At least Highland is consistent.

Hooper is the best striker in the league.

We''d never get promoted last time unless we got Neil Lennon in.

Villa appointed a proper manager in Bruce so will obviously get playoffs we won''t.

Basically if you''re ever unsure of the right answer just ask Highland and go with the opposite.

@Yankee

Newcastle needs a point and Brighton two points to mathematically eliminate Norwich from the automatics

Can you show your working please, as I don''t agree your figures.

What are you on about Yankee? Newcastle are 15 points ahead of us and we have 15 games left, or 45 points still up for grabs. How on gods earth do they only need a point to eliminate is from the autos?

I agree it is highly unlikely but it is still possible, we''ve all seen teams collapse late in the season just as we had our collapse mid season (e.g. derby a few seasons ago under schteve). Until its mathematically possible I will keep hoping for it, but I realistic and know that the playoffs are most likely.

That''s a good rule of thumb Hoggy.

Now when are you going to pop in the Nelson after the game? Gerry came all the way from Romania today. ☺

I think some people forget the way draws affect the top of the table.   If  Newcastle or Brighton draw a match, they have effectively lost two points - especially important if they are playing each other or Reading or Huddersfield - and Newcastle have Brighton, Reading and Huddersfield away in consecutive matches - 3 away games in a week.Brighton play Newcastle and Reading and some tough away fixtures - including Leeds and us. So points WILL be dropped by the top two - or those immediately below.  Either way it helps us.  Can we make up the fourteen points to catch Brighton or fifteen to catch Newcastle?  Of course we can - it IS possible. By beating Newcastle and Brighton ourselves we would be cutting that distance by three points each, so we can help our own cause - and other results will aid us, either in getting in the play offs or if we do extra well with our own results, the top two. Our possible tally for the season is still 95 points.

[quote user="TheManWhoSoldDerveld"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Newcastle needs a point and Brighton two points to mathematically eliminate Norwich from the automatics.
[/quote]Might want to recheck your numbers[/quote]
That will teach me ( at my age ) to try and do two things at once. Still think Lakey has a silly perspective though.

Just did a bit of maths (note the plural Yankee!😉😉), there were 31 goals scored in 7 Championship games today. Nearly 4.5 goals per game! Exciting or what!!!

The Nightfly wrote the following post at 11/02/2017 9:16 PM:

Just did a bit of maths (note the plural Yankee!😉😉), there were 31 goals scored in 7 Championship games today. Nearly 4.5 goals per game! Exciting or what!!!

Agree exciting nightly, however did any of the games have the quality of goals we had?

Loved the barclay chant at McCormack too.

Thanks LDC but we''re all aware that a draw only gets 1 point rather than 3 for a win.

Whilst we''re playing the interesting facts game, did you know you get 0 points when you lose?

[quote user="hogesar"]Thanks LDC but we''re all aware that a draw only gets 1 point rather than 3 for a win.

Whilst we''re playing the interesting facts game, did you know you get 0 points when you lose?[/quote]

Yes...and I shall look forwards to seeing teams above us getting nil points - or one point a game for that matter - until we overtake them.  Because of the fixtures aganst each other there will be points dropped by those above us. Fact. [:P]

Re: Wolves

king canary wrote:

I''m sure the team do aim high Greavsy. We are not the team however.

I never understand this. The fans are as much involved in the way the season goes as much as anyone at the club. We - the fans - local or not - can aim high too. ...LDC

Noticed again,

Well I suppose that''s true! However we will also drop points. I do think we have enough for the playoffs though.

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 11/02/2017 10:01 PM:

Re: Wolves

king canary wrote:

I''m sure the team do aim high Greavsy. We are not the team however.

I never understand this. The fans are as much involved in the way the season goes as much as anyone at the club. We - the fans - local or not - can aim high too. ...LDC

Noticed again,

king canary,

Noticed what you''re doing, very mature.

Won''t be repling again.

Enjoy your life.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well I suppose that''s true! However we will also drop points. I do think we have enough for the playoffs though.[/quote]Yep, me too, but for me there is always that carrot of the top two waiting for us if/when we wend our way up the table, until such time as our overall possible points total negates that possibility.