Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Wolves

Curently losing 1-0 to Newcastle at home.  Could really do with them getting at least a point today. Pin back Newcastle to 62 or 63 points and if we win on Tuesday we''d be 9/10  points off second place.  Come on the Wolves!

Hopefully Lakey, Lambert will have Wolves finishing the game strongly just like he did so exceptionally for us. That Mitrovic is a dirty b@stard - think I saw someone say he''ll miss the game against us due to his well deserved booking tonight.

Lakey positivity is a good thing but blind faith and unrealism isn''t. We are not finishing in the autos.

[quote user="hogesar"]Lakey positivity is a good thing but blind faith and unrealism isn''t. We are not finishing in the autos.[/quote]Sometime you just have to believe.  It is still possible. Unlikely, but possible.

Haha Hogesar, part of the fun of passionately supporting your team is such scenarios coming true. Don''t blame Lakey for hoping for such an outcome whatsoever, afterall it''s not wildly mathematically out of the picture though of course quite unlikely.

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]Lakey has us finishing first, we won''t be higher than 5th, though 6th is my prediction.[/quote]No lakey doesn''t. I think top two is possible if one of Newcastle or Brighton falter.  And if one or both of them does, it''s wide open for any of those below to catch them up. Including us.  

Just look at the goal differences of the top two to see why they are, and are extremely likely to remain, the top two. Which, for the zillionth time, serves to illustrate how much we need to improve our defence.

It''s also extremely unlikely that 1 or 2 above us won''t collapse over the next 3 months and be replaced by others either, I guess without a crystal ball it''s impossible to say - take your pic.

I''m happy with the momentum we are currently enjoying, and hope it continues, the aim has got to be finishing as high as possible, and to do that all we can do is beat the teams against us week after week. If the others fall away the higher positions will be there for the taking. If they don''t and we have tried our hardest, that''s all I expect from my team.

Oh if we hadn''t had that slump,

You have to aim high tho, be realistic I agree, ie if it''s not mathematically possible, but you have to aim high.

No team should ever have the ''that''ll do approach'' in my mind.

[quote user="king canary"]I''m sure the team do aim high Greavsy.

We are not the team however.[/quote]I never understand this. The fans are as much involved in the way the season goes as much as anyone at the club. We - the fans - local or not - can aim high too.

We are ncfc, team, fans, BoD, aren''t we?

Just that little bit easier when we are winning, and performing like today. Quality.

I get your point, and as fans cannot have a direct impact on the pitch, however without the fans driving them on, there would be no ncfc.

That''s why I aim high, and expect the players to match my hopes and expectations, at least in effort.

So let''s say May roles around and, shock horror, we''re not in the top two. Is this because...

A) Folks like me didn''t ''aim high''

Or

B) We were actually right all along...

hogesar wrote the following post at 11/02/2017 7:16 PM:

No. King gets it. Because he''s educated, presumably.

I think hogesar, you mean LDC doesn''t get it because he''s LDC, and people''s preconceptions.

Let me turn it around, if 3 -0 today would you have been happy if they stopped trying?

Even at 3 up i still want the same passion and drive from the team, supported by the fans. The same goes for league positions.