Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Team to drop out the top 6

Leeds have slipped in recent games and lost a key player to suspension today, could be about to all fall apart for them.
I certainly hope it does anyway.

we still have to play Sheff Weds,Huddersfield and Leeds away.....if we''re going to catch any of them up , we may have to win some of these ourselves.

Elland Rd on the penultimate day of the season could have a bit riding on it ?!?

Said our best chance is Leeds, it''s still the same, I just think Huddersfield are the team who will win the playoffs, good manager with a team full of players wanting to prove their worth, remind me of a Lambert Norwich.

We are only 4 points behind Leeds - potentially 5 behind Wednesday- so at the minute they are feeling the pressure

I''m sure people said on here last week that it''s looking like the top 5 were sorted, so it shows how quickly it can all change

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]We are only 4 points behind Leeds - potentially 5 behind Wednesday- so at the minute they are feeling the pressure

I''m sure people said on here last week that it''s looking like the top 5 were sorted, so it shows how quickly it can all change[/quote]

It''s in our own hands. We play both Leeds and Sheff Wed and they have to play each other.  They have points to drop and we can help them do it.

Seems to me there is too much weakly-founded optimism on here based on results since losing away at Reading:
Brentford (D)
Derby (W)
Rotherham (L)
Wolves (W)
Birmingham (W)
Cardiff (W)
Wigan (D)
Forest (W)
This run has put us at the head of the form table, but to me it looks more like the run of flat track bullies than of genuine challengers to the current top six. None of those games was against a top six team and only one was against a team you could say represented genuine competition (Derby), while the two games against sides in the bottom three (Rotherham and Wigan) yielded only 1 point, illustrating our self-inflicted vulnerability in games against teams propping up the table. Tuesday night against Newcastle will be the first game since Reading to provide anything approaching a reliable test of our top six credentials.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]
Seems to me there is too much weakly-founded optimism on here based on results since losing away at Reading:
Brentford (D)
Derby (W)
Rotherham (L)
Wolves (W)
Birmingham (W)
Cardiff (W)
Wigan (D)
Forest (W)
This run has put us at the head of the form table, but to me it looks more like the run of flat track bullies than of genuine challengers to the current top six. None of those games was against a top six team and only one was against a team you could say represented genuine competition (Derby), while the two games against sides in the bottom three (Rotherham and Wigan) yielded only 1 point, illustrating our self-inflicted vulnerability in games against teams propping up the table. Tuesday night against Newcastle will be the first game since Reading to provide anything approaching a reliable test of our top six credentials.
[/quote]

there''s more sh!te teams in this league.....i.e anything from 8th down to 24th than there are good sides (1st-6th) so invariably you''re more likely to be playing one of he former than the latter on given week....roughly about 4 times more likely

Agree with westcoast, in fact, I''ve just emailed the Football League to see if we can have some points deducted for only beating the teams we have because I don''t think they were good enough. A point away at Wigan? That should be minus five in my opinion.

Everyone out.

Top 6 will remain as is. We simply are not good enough away from home to pick up enough points. We beat rubbish teams at home but when AN comes up against a manager with half a tactical brain he comes unstuck

Our record against the top 6 teams is W0, D1, L5

We get a chance to take points from when we play them again. 6 pointers - need to win these or avoid defeat then rely on others to take points off them - something that doesn''t seem to be happening this season. They are solid but if we make the playoffs - knees will wobble - hopefully not ours !

Something that doesn''t seem to be happening?

The top 6 have all dropped points recently, Leeds lost at home to Cardiff yesterday?

No team is going to remain unbeaten between now and May...

It''s a cliche but there will be twists and turns galore over the remaining 15/16 games. The likelihood of the teams 3rd-6th all maintaining their form over that is small, we just need to make sure that we are the team ready to pounce. The signs are encouraging from the last five games. We are capable of beating anyone in this division and that is precisely what we need to do on a regular basis from now on.

It''s worth checking on how things stood two seasons ago on this date, We picked up another 36 points, albeit with one game more than now.Also remember there is very little advantage to be had from finishing 3rd to what there is finishing 6thYou still have to beat two of the other three teams to be promoted, if we can''t do that then we don''t deserve to go upsimple as that