Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Ivo Pinto and Mitchell Dijks.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday, hope nothing too serious? Folks at the game, what was your take on this, hamstrings or...? We desperately need these boys fit for the remainder of the season.

On the radio it sounded like Dijks was simply fatigue and cramp. Pinto sounds a bit more serious but AN didn''t take him off straight away so possibly just tweaked it and it''s precautionary.
I''d be okay with Whittaker starting RB, but fingers crossed very much crossed.

Cheers Ginja 👍. Likewise re Whitts, but it''d be nice to play Newcastle with our strongest possible 11, so fingers crossed both Ivo and Mitchell will be ok to play!

Great result today, the City must be buzzing!

[quote user="Ginja"]On the radio it sounded like Dijks was simply fatigue and cramp. Pinto sounds a bit more serious but AN didn''t take him off straight away so possibly just tweaked it and it''s precautionary.
I''d be okay with Whittaker starting RB, but fingers crossed very much crossed.
[/quote]Whittaker starting anywhere against Newcastle would make me very nervous indeed, I fear he''d be ripped to pieces.

Ivo Pinto precautionary I think and Dijks just rested I reckon after playing 3 games in a short space of time for us, having not played much for Ajax recently.

Pinto got a few knocks throughout the game but the chat he had with AN as he came off seemed to indicate it was just precautionary. Same for Dijks, AN had already mentioned he hadn''t played much before coming and has had to hit the ground running so with the game done was sensible to give him a rest.

First time I''ve seen Dijks in the flesh...promising indeed.

Thanks folks, this is very good to hear! If both start against Newcastle, then I''m extremely confident of a great result, we know what Pinto brings to the team already but Dijks... Can we keep him please?! Sublime 🏆

Dijks stretched groin on 35 mins kept on until half time, should have been subbed then only lasted 10 mins of second half will not be seeing him Tuesday. And as far as having Whittaker as cover that would be suicidal he was absolutely useless for the time he was on. What game were you watching.

pete wrote the following post at 11/02/2017 9:11 PM:

Dijks stretched groin on 35 mins kept on until half time, should have been subbed then only lasted 10 mins of second half will not be seeing him Tuesday. And as far as having Whittaker as cover that would be suicidal he was absolutely useless for the time he was on. What game were you watching.

Where do you get your info from? Neil said he just took Dijks off for a rest.

Are you ITK?

So we''re stuffed on Tuesday then. No point in turning up really.

Whittaker did well when he came on. He got basically everything right apart from one attempted through ball that got intercepted and one mistimed tackle - they happen. Had Dijks stayed on and done the same nobody would have had a problem.

Also worth noting the Forest goal came down the Martin/Bennett side of the pitch.

People need to get a grip. You''re not going to get better backup fullbacks at this level.

I''m deducing from today''s press conference that both Pinto and Dijks are touch and go for tomorrow. AN not naming specific players to be fair, but you''d have to say it''s those 2 plus either Oliveira or Naismith. Not good news.

Slightly disappointing to read that there are 2 or 3 players who are not yet certain to play tomorrow.

In his post match interview AN said that Pinto could have played on, but with an eye on Tuesday he was replaced (and weakened the defence on that side.

The Dutchman had a slight fitness concern, and he too was replaced, with Tuesday looming.

At first, then, things seemed hopeful, but a knock can swell up over night....

We have to hope that another 24 hours will work the trick and we can put out a strong side.

[quote user="pete"]Dijks stretched groin on 35 mins kept on until half time, should have been subbed then only lasted 10 mins of second half will not be seeing him Tuesday. And as far as having Whittaker as cover that would be suicidal he was absolutely useless for the time he was on. What game were you watching.[/quote]not the same one as you clearly

Have to agree with GJP and Pete... Whittaker was decent when he came on! Yes he had to make a silly tackle, other than that he won pretty much every ball. Would obviously prefer Dijks but we''ll cope if not.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Dijks is huge !![/quote]

Sorry but the grammar is "Dykes are huge", well the ones I know anyway.

I wouldn''t have much hope if we are without both Pinto and Dijks, they will tear through the like of Bennett and Whittaker with ease.

Whittaker was standard Whittaker on Saturday- couple of wayward passes, one terrible tackle and everything else fine. He was helped out by the fact Forest didn''t have a great deal of pace out wide and that by the time he moved to left back Forest had had their right back sent off and were not attacking too much down that flank.

However the idea of someone like Richie running at him for 90 minutes fills me with dread.