Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Top two

We''re on. I put in a tenner too but when I went to place the bet the max stake was £40. So I put your three''s £40 on a top two finish and my tenner on promotion at 7/1.
Really exciting stuff if we do go on a run like last year. Thanks you guys. Great stuff together[Y]

Norwich Top Two Finish

£40 SkyBet

50/1

£2040.00

Norwich To Be Promoted

£10 SkyBet

7/1

£80.00

I''d love to see CSF Emma''s face if we won over £2,000 for our wonderful DS boys and girls[:)]

[quote user="Number 9"]I''d be buying £40 worth of lettuce seeds if you want an earner.[/quote][:D]Expensive way to try and prove the point of a daft thread!

[quote user="lake district canary"]We''ll see. Never say never.

[/quote]

You just said it twice.

[Ignore that garbled gibberish above. Google Chrome][quote user="lake district canary"]We''ll see. Never say never.

[/quote]Oops !! You said it twice !!

[quote user="Number 9"]I''d be buying £40 worth of lettuce seeds if you want an earner.[/quote]
but that''s not the point - all I''m trying to do is ensure a minimum of £20 gets to the DS team with now a (very unlikely but potential) upside of £2000 thanks to the generosity of other posters.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]My cash is in now.

Would love this to come off. Heart says yes, head says LOL![/quote]I have some magic beans you may be interested in buying[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]My cash is in now.

Would love this to come off. Heart says yes, head says LOL![/quote]I have some magic beans you may be interested in buying[;)][/quote]

Are they as valuable as lettuce seeds?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]My cash is in now.

Would love this to come off. Heart says yes, head says LOL![/quote]I have some magic beans you may be interested in buying[;)][/quote]

Are they as valuable as lettuce seeds?[/quote]TWICE as valuable.Just paypal my Nigerian prince friend $400 and he''ll get them sent over[Y]

Bumping because there is a bet for PUPs on this. Top two a long way off now.  Really needed to win against Newcastle.  It can still happen - our total points available is still 93 (which has been enough for 2nd place for the last ten years) but we have to win every game from now on in, which is a tall order of course.  Hopefully the run we are on and the fact we held Newcastle who are so good away, will give us the confidence to kick on. So not given up on it yet, Brighton could still flounder and Huddersfield could still bottle it, giving  those underneath some hope.  But for us we have to win every game from now on in, in the process knocking back Leeds, Shef Wed, Huddersfield, Reading and Brighton on the way. Never say never!

Our rivals above us closed the gap as Brighton and Newcastle both failed to win. The task is therefore even harder now. Beat this drum as much as you like, Lake, but not happening I''m afraid.

It''s time to let go LDC, it was a very noble and well intentioned thread and I admired the spirit but frankly you are looking increasingly deluded and crazy on this matter. We have a real fight on our hands to just make the top 6, let alone the top 2, it is insane to suggest that we have even the remotest chance of making it.

Winning every game would be more than a ''tall order.'' Here are some football league records...

We have 14 games left to play. Only three teams in the entire history of the football league have won 14 games in a row- Preston in 1950/51, Man U in 1904/05 and Bristol City in 1905/06. So it has been over 60 years since someone won 14 games in a row.

The longest winning run in this century is by Luton who won 12 in a row back in 01/02.

It isn''t happening.

[quote user="ricardo"]That bird has flownIt was never, way way before Xmas.its still never.[/quote]ricardo gets it Lakey.

I get it too.  It isn''t realistic to think we can do it.......But - 12 wins and 2 draws would put us on 89 points, which in 8 of the last 10 seasons has been enough for second place.  Do the "impossible" and win all 14 games and automatics would be almost certain at 93 points. Other teams are going to drop points as they play each other - and we''ve put strong runs together before. Is 12 wins out of 14 possible?  I think it is.It''s not over until it''s over.

I admire your stubbornness to never give up on a debating point, even when others are pointing out how silly it sounds. Dedication.

If we win 12 out of 14, I will personally walk to Cumbria to shake your hand and serve up some humble pie. I will also donate £500 to PUPs.

It. Isn''t. Happening.

Even if Newcastle and Brighton both lose their games in hand (unlikely) we''d then need to make up a point a game.

So we''d be looking for them to lose at least 4 more games without us dropping a single point.

I apologise if it''s already been mentioned but I''m not going through all the earlier pages to check - this thread is bringing back wonderful memories of 1981/82. Last 14 games = one draw and eleven wins. Snuck up to the first division in 3rd place with one of the defeats coming on the final day with ten or eleven thousand of us up at Hillsborough. What a fantastic run that was.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I get it too.  It isn''t realistic to think we can do it.......But - 12 wins and 2 draws would put us on 89 points, which in 8 of the last 10 seasons has been enough for second place.  Do the "impossible" and win all 14 games and automatics would be almost certain at 93 points. Other teams are going to drop points as they play each other - and we''ve put strong runs together before. Is 12 wins out of 14 possible?  I think it is.It''s not over until it''s over.

[/quote]is 12 wins and 2 draws from 14 possible ?  yesis it going to happen ? No

I don''t doubt that we are in good form, and hopefully will remain so until the end of the season.But Newcastle and Brighton would have to have a catastrophic, utterly unprecedented drop in form too. Which seems pretty unlikely.

I think you might be being a tad optimistic here Lakey, I would be happy to be in the top 6 but that will require us keeping this run going to the end of the season, no mean feat in itself especially with the injuries we have been racking up.

The end of the 82/83 season was no too shabby either, including wins against Arsenal and Liverpool and a draw against Man Utd......but I agree automatic promotion is long on, I also think a play off place is going to be very tough, going have to start winning against teams in the top six.......

[quote user="The gut"]I apologise if it''s already been mentioned but I''m not going through all the earlier pages to check - this thread is bringing back wonderful memories of 1981/82. Last 14 games = one draw and eleven wins. Snuck up to the first division in 3rd place with one of the defeats coming on the final day with ten or eleven thousand of us up at Hillsborough. What a fantastic run that was.[/quote]and what a fantastic drive back down the A1 afterwards"there''s some people on the pitch, they think it''s all over for City... it isn''t nowLeicester have drawn at Shrewsbury''yessssssssssssss !as to Lakey you keep on believing mate

It''s football. Anything can happen. Newcastle could lose three of their next five games (they have three top six teams away).  If we win five out of five, we would be only six points behind them, with 9 games to play.  Brighton could wobble, Hughton might start getting cautious as the pressure mounts. Huddersfield have tough fixtures and the FA cup to contend with.Leeds, Shef Wed, Reading have tough fixtures.Anything can still happen.