Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Top two

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Just asking for a friend.....

Are Villa and Steve Bruce out of the play off picture?[/quote]Certainly not, unlike us they showed ''hambition'' and invested a huge amount of moneyI can see them coming off the last bend and into the straight at a fast old lick ... most likely getting four or five points a game and crossing the line marginally behind Newcastlehow they will replace is as yet unknownPalace have Fat Sam, another pair of safe hands (and then into his inside pocket) who is keeping his powder dry before one all mighty leap up the table.... at some pointand Bournemouth, the current media darlings, who with the ever assured Mings in the heart of the defence are guaranteed to stay up... at least until mid May - Mings and Grabban, what a wonderful investment

Are Villa and Steve Bruce out of the play off picture?[/quote]

😝

Well, they''re 10 points adrift of us, so if we can''t catch teams 10 points off us then Villa can''t catch us Eddie.

Joking apart, they seem to be falling apart - relegation beckons 😉

We are one point worse off than we were two years ago after 29 games and if we had beaten Boro at home in that season we would have finished second.

This year two of our last 3 games are Brighton at home and Leeds away.

So, not impossible.

Are Villa and Steve Bruce out of the play off picture?[/quote]

Yes. They need 40 points from 17 games to have an outside chance. That''s 13 wins and a draw. It ain''t gonna happen.

there''s a website called Statto that lists all tables by league then year then weekjust Google    statto

[quote user="king canary"]Thanks Tarzan

Just tried and the site doesn''t seem to be working though.[/quote]sorry, it does that occasionallyI expect they may well be loading it up.. so to speakbook mark the page as it is an excellent resourcewhen it is working, that is

And this, Rogue, is what I mean. Now Brighton may come back into it today, but I very much doubt it from watching their recent televised matches. If automatic is to be a possibility then we need the top 2 teams to feel the pressure and falter, catching the teams that are 10 or so points ahead of us will take care of itself if we go on another good run. Given we have to play Newcastle, Brighton, Leeds, Huddersfield then obviously we can''t catch them in a single game but taking 3 points off them could be a sizeable, and telling, chunk by the end of the season.

Am currently at Griffin Park, the Bees are pretty good value for their lead; main thing from Brighton is Knockhaert a bit lively and Murray seems to be one of those big guys who will go down at the merest touch, and is getting a lot from the ref.

Are Villa and Steve Bruce out of the play off picture?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Back it then LDC, you can get 50-1 right now.[/quote]
LDC,
If you''re game and the odds really are 50-1:
I''ll send Nigel £20 for a PuPs bet with a potential win of £1,000 if you agree to donate £20 to the PuPs if we don''t get automatic promotion.

...well, Brighton did what sides at the top do and got something out of it at 3-3; would have surely not had a chance if Brentford had converted a pen for 3-0 but there you go.

[quote user="wooster"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Back it then LDC, you can get 50-1 right now.[/quote]
LDC,
I''ll send Nigel £20 for a PuPs bet with a potential win of £1,000 if you agree to donate £20 to the PuPs if we don''t get automatic promotion.
[/quote]
[Y]  You''re on Wooster!  Get your money in now!  In fact, I''ll send £10 to Nutty too so the bet will be £30 and I''ll donate the £20 at the end of the season if we don''t do get automatic promotion.  I don''t for one minute think it''s likely - but it''s definitely possible, so why not!  [H]

If you didn''t think it was likely, what was your motivation for starting the thread then?(He said, knowing full well.....)

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="wooster"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Back it then LDC, you can get 50-1 right now.[/quote]
LDC,
[/quote]
[Y]  You''re on Wooster!  Get your money in now!  In fact, I''ll send £10 to Nutty too so the bet will be £30 and I''ll donate the £20 at the end of the season if we don''t do get automatic promotion.  I don''t for one minute think it''s likely - but it''s definitely possible, so why not!  [H]

[/quote]

A great gesture Wooster & LDC!

A tenner from me too.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="wooster"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Back it then LDC, you can get 50-1 right now.[/quote]
LDC,
[/quote]
[Y]  You''re on Wooster!  Get your money in now!  In fact, I''ll send £10 to Nutty too so the bet will be £30 and I''ll donate the £20 at the end of the season if we don''t do get automatic promotion.  I don''t for one minute think it''s likely - but it''s definitely possible, so why not! 
[/quote]

A tenner from me too.[/quote]
Well done Drazen & LDC - my money should be with Nigel, via Paypal.  
Thanks for taking this up, it''ll make it more interesting if we are close towards the end of the season.

[quote user="wooster"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="wooster"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Back it then LDC, you can get 50-1 right now.[/quote]
LDC,
[/quote]
[Y]  You''re on Wooster!  Get your money in now!  In fact, I''ll send £10 to Nutty too so the bet will be £30 and I''ll donate the £20 at the end of the season if we don''t do get automatic promotion.  I don''t for one minute think it''s likely - but it''s definitely possible, so why not! 
[/quote]

Thanks for taking this up, it''ll make it more interesting if we are close towards the end of the season.
[/quote]
Love it!
I''ve found 50/1 available on SkyBet. So if I''ve got this right I need to place £40 on a top two finish at 50/1?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="wooster"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="wooster"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Back it then LDC, you can get 50-1 right now.[/quote]
LDC,
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Love it!
I''ve found 50/1 available on SkyBet. So if I''ve got this right I need to place £40 on a top two finish at 50/1?
[/quote]

That''s it Nutty.  Go for it!