Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Top two

lake district canary wrote the following post at 18/02/2017 7:20 PM:

I take no pleasure from it VW. Last week with 95 points as an aim, it looked a good bet, but the draw midweek and the debacle today has kyboshed that. The hoped for great run to the end of the season ain''t happening!

It''s a shame, I think we''re all feeling pretty low mate, even the gloaters 👍

What else is he supposed to do?

He''s conceded the point, and paid up his bet.

Can''t say fairer than that.

Due report LDC.

I can''t believe morty dare show his ginger pele face on this thread after all the nonsense he posted.

Oh yeah hold on ..... course I can.

Is the nearest we get to morty proving himself right?

Greavsy wrote the following post at 18/02/2017 7:53 PM:

What else is he supposed to do?

He''s conceded the point, and paid up his bet.

Can''t say fairer than that.

Due report LDC.

* respect. Doh.

Where "wrong" comes into it, I don''t know. It was a hope - a wish, if you like -  that turned into a bet. It didn''t come off, end of story.  "Right" and "wrong" don''t come into it.  The most disappointing thing is that the challenge fell at the first hurdle.  However, the play offs are still achievable.....I hope [:S] 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Where "wrong" comes into it, I don''t know. It was a hope - a wish, if you like -  that turned into a bet. It didn''t come off, end of story.  "Right" and "wrong" don''t come into it.  The most disappointing thing is that the challenge fell at the first hurdle.  However, the play offs are still achievable.....I hope [:S] 

[/quote]Wrong in the way that every single other poster in the thread told you it was ridiculous, and not happening.That kind of wrong, I guess.

There was only one poster who continually proved himself wrong lakey. And sure as eggs is eggs he''ll be the one popping up claiming to be right all along.

LDC, I totally respect your optimism, and backing of our team, and for posting your views on here.

Yes it didn''t come off, and failed early doors, which is disappointing for all.

What a sh1te sporting world it would be though if everything went true to form, there would be no upsets, no Leicesters of last season, no Lincolns, or Millwalls in the cup today, and subsequently no point. It''d all be just too predictable.

It was your hope, your opinion, and therefore cannot be right or wrong. But different to others, which they are also entitled to.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Making Plans"]Thread closed, or should that be Klosed[/quote]Yes indeed.  I''ll send my £20 to nutty this evening.   When I started the thread I was banking on beating Newcastle and then Burton. One point out of six just isn''t good enough, by any standards.

[/quote]
Well done Lakey, received thanks buddy.
The highs of last weekend have been destroyed by the lows of this. The reality is probably somewhere in between. Let''s hope wherever that is it''s enough to get into the top six. There''s still plenty more interest on this thread if we can.
Anyway, on a rubbish day for us PUPs your twenty quid avoids a blank weekend for the DS boys and girls[:)]

And with £1859

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, Euro 16 and donations we now have a total

of £6723 since we began of which £1735

is already banked for the next presentation.