Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Top two

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Oh and just so the pups don''t lose out, if we make the play offs, I shall donate £50.[/quote]I''ll raise you Morty.£75 to PUPS if we make the Play-Offs.or £150 to PUPS if we get promoted via the Play-Offs.or £1000 to PUPS if we get automatic promotion ( I don''t want to have to jump off Beachy Head if that loony LDC theory comes good [:D] )

[/quote]Good man[Y]I can''t possibly go above 50, theres a recession offshore!

[quote user="morty"]So......

Hoola han  solo will donate a million quid if we win 12 out of 14 games
I will donate £500 if we get automatic promotion.
I will donate £50 if we reach the play offs.
The original bet stands to win over £2000 if we get automatic promotion.
If we don''t,  Lakey covers Wooster''s original bet of £20 to PUPs.

Oh and Gp''s beard will give 2 million if we go up automatic.

Anyone else I have missed?
[/quote]

Yes you will notice that I cunningly didn''t elaborate on a couple of million what?

I''ll go with 2 million Iranian Rial, which today enjoys an exchange rate of 40451.22 to 1 GBP.

So I will happily donate £49.44 if we finish top two. In fact if we go up through the play offs I''ll give Nutty £50 for the PUPs - a very worthy cause.

[quote user="morty"]So......Hoola han  solo will donate a million quid if we win 12 out of 14 gamesI will donate £500 if we get automatic promotion.I will donate £50 if we reach the play offs.The original bet stands to win over £2000 if we get automatic promotion.If we don''t,  Lakey covers Wooster''s original bet of £20 to PUPs.Oh and Gp''s beard will give 2 million if we go up automatic.Anyone else I have missed?[/quote]

My tenner bet on Lakey''s Top Two Folly went into NN as promised too Morty.

However those magic beans/lettuce seeds you promised me on behalf of your Nigerian friend never showed up...

''''However those magic beans/lettuce seeds you promised me on behalf of your Nigerian friend never showed up... ''''........Drazen

That would be because you didnt supply your bank account details quickly enough, i paid a deposit of €10,000 and have been told my beans are in the post..you snooze, you lose. Give them a ring on 519, i''m sure they''ll help out.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 17/02/2017 12:20 AM:

Top two is possible until it isn''t possible.

Love your spirit Lakey 👍

NOTE: THIS MESSAGE HAS A SMILEY FACE, MEANING IT IS INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS

VanWink you really are a priceless dimwit. I don''t know what was funnier:

a) The fact you didn''t get the joke (I would have thought the big smiley face, winky face, big smiley face) would have been a clue - at least a couple of people did get it;

b) The fact you started a one-man pedantry campaign to get me to explain a joke about pedantry; or

c) The fact you continued to harangue me into the evening, when I was off-line (I note with input from Greavsy).

I''ll let the posters be the judge of that.

Apples

(PS...for future reference I tend to be on-line M-F, between 9 and 4, very rarely at evenings or weekends)

(PPS...you can apologise anytime)

(PPPS...I''m still waiting for the last apology)

"It is mathematically impossible...it is however, arithmetically possible (however improbable). "

Apples

Hilarious pomposity 😉

My dog''s got not nose. How does it smell? Terrible.

I don''t actually have a dog, but if I did it probably would have a nose and it would probably be able to smell, but may or may not actually smell (depending on what it had been doing and various health-related conditions).

Still waiting for that apology...

Apples

Newcastle need 28 and Brighton 29 points before they become uncatchable, or about 9 wins out of their last 15 games. All this is on the assumption that we''d win EVERY one of our last 14 games. It''s also ignoring the teams currently in the top six. So while Lakey may argue it''s possible, the chances are minimal to say the least. I imagine if you were to look at previous seasons, it''s unprecedented. I know the thread opener says top two is possible, but this would require an absolute freak set of results in the next 14/15 games.

The teams currently in the play off positions cannot be ignored. If we''re assuming Brighton and Newcastle lose all of their games, then by definition, the chasing 4 are winning them and picking up points. And it is one of those four that would be far more likely to break into the top two.

21st Feb Huddersfield v Reading25th Feb Leeds v Sheffield Wed25th Feb Brighton v Reading28th Feb Brighton v Newcastle4th March Huddersfield v Newcastle7th March Newcastle v Reading17th March Sheffield Wed v Reading18th March Leeds v Brighton1st April Reading v Leeds8th April Sheffield Wed v Newcastle15th April Newcastle v LeedsIts not happening.

Mr Apples wrote the following post at 17/02/2017 9:35 AM:

I don''t actually have a dog, but if I did it probably would have a nose and it would probably be able to smell, but may or may not actually smell (depending on what it had been doing and various health-related conditions).

Apples

I think you''ll find that dogs smell bums.

🍌

Anyway back on topic, did any of you expect Leicester to win the Prem last season?

Did you think Leicester would win the Premier League last season?

Do you think Norwich will finish in the top two? And by that I mean do you honestly think, instead of just saying "it''s possible"? A simple yes or no.

[quote user="VanWink"]Mr Apples wrote the following post at 17/02/2017 9:35 AM:

Apples

I think you''ll find that dogs smell bums.

🍌

Anyway back on topic, did any of you expect Leicester to win the Prem last season?[/quote]If you''re making a point about Leicesters relative league position at this stage of the season, compared to ours, then I''m not sure of the point you are making.The whole thread is about our position right now, and not based on early season expectations.

No but at this stage of the season they had a great chance, we have no chance:) more chance of city 1st saying brexit is a great idea and he''s voting ukip next time out :;)

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Did you think Leicester would win the Premier League last season?

Do you think Norwich will finish in the top two? And by that I mean do you honestly think, instead of just saying "it''s possible"? A simple yes or no.[/quote]No.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 17/02/2017 10:00 AM:

Did you think Leicester would win the Premier League last season?

Do you think Norwich will finish in the top two? And by that I mean do you honestly think, instead of just saying "it''s possible"? A simple yes or no.

No

[quote user="Mr Apples"]No.

Apples[/quote]

No Iceberg lettuce,

No Courgettes.

And now No apples.

If you assume that one of Newcastle or Brighton blow it - and the other one runs away with it, the fixtures between the top six teams makes for a little more interesting reading.  I think that Newcastle have the harder fixtures and if they blow it - and while that means that some of our rivals may pick points off them - it also gives us a chance to move up the table too.  It could well be a concertina effect - one or other of the top two stagnate and Huddersfield make ground.......but we make ground too and if results go in our favour (draws when rivals play each other, or surprise defeats against other clubs) then we can certainly catch up the three teams above us - and if things get really tight for second place - Huddersfield and one of the top two as well.  It still means us winning 12-14 of our last 14 games, but that imo is possible.   93 is the target of course - maximum points available - but as things get pressurised for the likes of Brighton and Huddersfield, 90 could be enough.  90 is usually enough.....even 89 is usually enough  - 12 wins, 2 draws. Until our possible points total reaches less than 89, it is still on. Just keep winning games. Easy!