Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Top two

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 1:29 PM:

Just looked at the table again. 14 (!) points, or the equivalent of nearly five wins in simple terms. I think my million quid is safe.

Well I think if we do win all of our games , and get to 93 points we could still do it, but it is that nagging feeling that we haven''t beaten anyone in the (current) top six all season , and managed to contrive to give Rotherham their first win for months , so I''ll stick to my views that we have more chance of Lord Lucan scoring the winner for us against Burton than that happening.

So......Hoola han  solo will donate a million quid if we win 12 out of 14 gamesI will donate £500 if we get automatic promotion.I will donate £50 if we reach the play offs.The original bet stands to win over £2000 if we get automatic promotion.If we don''t,  Lakey covers Wooster''s original bet of £20 to PUPs.Oh and Gp''s beard will give 2 million if we go up automatic.Anyone else I have missed?

I''d also expect the coming of the apocalypse if we got top two, Haley''s comet to be seen a few times and Jesus to come back again.

Add those to the list too morty.

[quote user="GPs Beard"]Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 1:29 PM:

Just looked at the table again. 14 (!) points, or the equivalent of nearly five wins in simple terms. I think my million quid is safe.

Well I think if we do win all of our games , and get to 93 points we could still do it, but it is that nagging feeling that we haven''t beaten anyone in the (current) top six all season , and managed to contrive to give Rotherham their first win for months , so I''ll stick to my views that we have more chance of Lord Lucan scoring the winner for us against Burton than that happening.[/quote]Is the lad Lucan available?

Is the lad Lucan available?

Hmmm, I''ve just rung the Club and apparently they haven''t seen him lately. They think he is still trying to climb over his gate.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Getting this thread to 9 pages is a fantastic achievement.[/quote]Yeah, that never happens that Lakey belligerently defends a controversial point of view, over loads of pages[;)]

Mr Apples wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 2:30 PM:

Just don''t put VanWink in charge of the page counting...god only knows where we''d end up.

Apples

It would be great if you could explain why it''s mathematically impossible but arithmetically possible.

I''m only a poor old Norfolk boy and I don''t understand.

Jamie Witherspoon wrote the following post at 16/02/2017 2:48 PM:

It''s also pedantically possible and nitpickingly possible, I believe.

I would say it is pedantically improbable and nitpickingly implausible. But mathematically possible, though statistically unlikely .

I hope that helps.

It may interest you to know that out there in the Multiverse there are many Universes where Lakey will be proved correct.But this isn''t one of them.[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]No, change that Lakey. Have me down as £1million if we finish in the top two.[/quote]Risky[:D][/quote]Morty - don''t you just hope some irregularities surface and Newcastle and Brighton get whopping points deductions ? [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]No, change that Lakey. Have me down as £1million if we finish in the top two.[/quote]Risky[:D][/quote]Morty - don''t you just hope some irregularities surface and Newcastle and Brighton get whopping points deductions ? [:D][/quote]Thats why I only went to £500, the bank of morty can cover that!

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''d also expect the coming of the apocalypse if we got top two, Haley''s comet to be seen a few times and Jesus to come back again.

Add those to the list too morty.[/quote]Man City are hoping to have him back before too long so I''d stick with just the double. [:D]

[quote user="morty"]Oh and just so the pups don''t lose out, if we make the play offs, I shall donate £50.[/quote]I''ll raise you Morty.£75 to PUPS if we make the Play-Offs.or £150 to PUPS if we get promoted via the Play-Offs.or £1000 to PUPS if we get automatic promotion ( I don''t want to have to jump off Beachy Head if that loony LDC theory comes good [:D] )