Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Kevin Lisbie

personally i would like to see jarvis given a go,but its no secrect he and worthy have had some sort of falling out.as for lisbie,to be honest i havnt been over impressed.i would prefer to see someone who is that bit hungrier brought in.he has pace,but im sure he would agree,his finishing hasnt been all that good.thats not forgeting peter thorne,who i would like to see have a couple of starts,although dont think him and deano would be the right combination.with squiz fast improving do we need another loaner when lisbies loan ends??

[quote]Would you rather keep him for another month/2months? Or would you rather a different striker, any ideas? or would you rather we played Jarvis or Hendo instead?[/quote]

With Jarvis allegedly still carrying an injury and both jarvis and hendo having too little experience to rely on them for the next month we do need a loan signing.

The cons for keeping lisbie are that he is too muchof a headless chicken for me and does not have enough quality.

The pros for keeping lisbie are that he is a striker, is fit and has more experience than the youngsters.  There are no other striker options for loan so its him or no one really.

But we have to give the youngsters some time on the pitch in their positions to givethem a chance to show us if they are up to it or not.

OTBC

Lisbie everytime. Was unlucky not to score against Hull. He got the shots on target (well 2/3 :-) ) and i''m sure could do a job for us

Curbishley doesn''t tend to bother with crap players so while I don''t think we have seen the best of Lisbie (largely due to woeful levels of service), we need someone up there to lead the attack and Jarvis and Henderson aren''t up to it. Jarvis could have been by now, by gets such a raw deal from Worthy that he must wonder if his chance will ever come. I believe its the right call to try and extend the loan in the current situation.

i would like to see jarvis

BUT without deano or thorne, no-body holds it up. Kevin Lisbie does a great job of this, and well to be honest thats about all he does but he does that great.

keep him for aslong as we can i say

Sorry but Lisbie is not a goal scorer. I personally am ambivalent about an extra month- but would be GUTTED if we signed him on a longer contract. Frankly there is a lot better quality out there...

I say play the youngsters.

Why do they bother paying Jarvis and hendo''s wages when worthy won''t use them? Ok, so he uses hendo as a midfielder (which he clearly isn''t suited to). Give them a go up front. After all, they can''t do much worse than lisbie, who for all his efforts has not done very much.

They look natural goal scorers, but they need to be given a chance in their preferred positions.

Jarvis is a lightweight will not get a contract extension at the end of this year, natural goalscorer presumably just for goal against Liverpol or toe poke against Watford, I''ve seen nothing to suggest he will ever make it, needs to build up his stature, doubt he will be given the time.

Lisbie well looks better than Hendo, not saying much.

Peter, I''m not suggesting that Jarvis or Hendo are the next Gary Lineker and Jimmy Greaves, I just think they''re better options than Kevin Lisbie and have reached the age where they should be given a go or allowed to leave.

Yeah Lisbie to go. We need the players we''ve got to gel together. The players we''ve got have to be playing together week in week out. Thats what brings cohesion imo. When he goes, the players will have to gel again without him.

What happened to Jonaton Johansson? I know he said he wouldn''t sign for us because he wanted to fight for his place at Charlton, but haven''t heard anything since then. If he''s kicking his heels in the reserves he might have had a change of heart, especially if it was only a loan deal.
He''s scored quite a few in the Prem, although not in the last two years, maybe we should ask Curbs about him if Lisbie has to return to the Valley?

[quote]What happened to Jonaton Johansson? I know he said he wouldn''t sign for us because he wanted to fight for his place at Charlton, but haven''t heard anything since then. If he''s kicking his heels in the...[/quote]

Rumours are the scum are tried to get him on loan.  I wouldn''t mind Johansson but now Curbs has let Franny Jeffers go out on loan, he might want to keep him