Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Come January

Whether AN stays or goes has been done to death, but seriously come Jan who would you sell/buy.

IMO Klose seems to be a non starter, Laffs will never get a game and Naysmith just doesn''t really fit the bill, when we have Wes, Pritchard and even Madds to play in that role.

I''d try and ship these out first to free up funds for a couple of central defenders (maybe up and coming from lower leagues) and a striker. Other than Olive branch we are light up front, and nothing needs to be said about our defense that hasn''t been said before!

We will have little option as the club will have to start to cut its cost, some players will no doubt push to leave too.

The question should be last night 27 million pounds worth of AN signings didn''t make the starting 11, can he and this set up be trusted to spend any more money?

Sunderland will likely try again to sign Naismith. Klose could move to premier league, but Laffs wage bill and reputation must surely put other clubs off him.

Two ball playing centre halfs, and a proper CDM.

Most of the problem last night was down to slow predictable build up play, caused by the inability of Bennett and bassong to take a decent touch and quickly release the ball. Factor in Tettey and Ruddy, who similarly are too slow with the ball at there feet and have awful distribution, and you have a defensive unit ready to make a mistake under any sort of pressing from the opposition.

When they have the ball, you feel nervous!

But, I can''t get excited at the prospect of new signings wit AN in charge.

If love a be manager to come in and clear the deadwood too.

I''d get rid of;

Bassong

McGovern

Whitaker

Tettey

Mulumbu

Klose

Lafferty

Brady

I''d bring back Maddison (if possible) and start integrating players such as Pritchard, Thompson, Murphy, Canos, Morris etc, with pros like Howson, Hoolahan, Jerome, Martin and Olsson.

There is no way that clown should be trusted with more money. He''s spent more than any other manager in our history, yes, I know transfers are inflated these days, but his transfer record to date is appalling. To make matters worse, he seems to have zero faith in the ability of the multi million pound players that he''s bought., leaving them on the bench or freezing them out completely. Other players are seemingly going backwards, Brady. To say An is out of his depth is an understatement, he is literally drowning and has to go, right now.

Alex Neil has been in charge for 4 of our top 5 most expensive signings. Of those four, only one of them started last night (and was pretty awful) and one came off the bench. Would be suicide to give him more to waste.

The further away Alex gets from the squad he inherited the worse we get. Automatic promotion is unlikely, and our record against potential play-off sides is woeful.

Time to ship out the want-a-ways and spineless and think of saving some money for the next manager. Won''t be disappointed if Klose, Brady, Naismith, Pritchard, Lafferty, and McGovern leave.

Why we paid £8m for Pritchard I have no idea. He isn''t good enough to not be able to tackle - lightweight with no work ethic.

Bit harsh on Pritchard based on the fact he''s only been given 5 starts and played all over the place. Also if we bought him to tackle then I''d be concerned.

We need to be looking to shift some of those who have been allowed to grow stale by being here too long. The likes of Tettey, Martin, Bassong and even Howson to a certain extent have just lost any spark.

Use the second half of the season to play the younger players so they have some experience for next season. Give Neal the elbow in May ( I just don''t see this board dumping him before then) and appoint a manager with a track record of developing talent.

Don''t renew the contracts of Whittaker and Turner and try to offload the deadwood were are not able to dump in January.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If love a be manager to come in and clear the deadwood too.

I''d get rid of;

Bassong

McGovern

Whitaker

Tettey

Mulumbu

Klose

Lafferty

Brady

I''d bring back Maddison (if possible) and start integrating players such as Pritchard, Thompson, Murphy, Canos, Morris etc, with pros like Howson, Hoolahan, Jerome, Martin and Olsson.[/quote]

Lincoln I totally agree. Said this sometime ago, in that the one thing AN is doing (similar to Lambert) is putting together a young squad. The only difference is Lambert played them, and they played their hearts out. AN likes to ignore them and stick by the underperforming players!

Would love to see our youngsters playing anb built a squad around Murphy''s, Canos, Thompson, Pritchard Maddison, Godfrey & Olive. Bring in some fresh central defenders, and keep a handful of seasoned pros, and we might play with more passion!

Quite comical how everyone wants to get rid of Bassong, Whitts, Lafferty Naismith etc to clear the books

The rubbish ones no one will buy and the crap ones no one wants

We are stuck with a bunch of has been''s who draw their 20 to 40 thousand pounds a week with no intention of going anywhere while us fans bankroll the wasters

So better to have strong management and sever their contracts, get rid of and invest the salaries in up and coming players!

We will find it hard to shift anyone, those who we deem not good enough are on pretty decent wages here.

Thankfully we have big earners outta contract come July Ruddy, Whittaker, Bassong, Bennett, Turner, Mulumbu, Lafferty.

Probably loan Canos out as Brady, Naismith, Pritchard, Murphys & Jarvis all ahead of him in the pecking order.