Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Top 6 chances?

It looks a bleak table tonight as the clubs in and around the top 6 are pulling away from us. I am very unconfident about Reading away as well. I think by New Years Day it could be a bigger gap. Do posters still honestly feel a play off berth is likely?

Don''t know buddy. Maybe?

Depends really on the whether the squad that''s left after January pull together. This transfer window will be more about who leaves. And we need some to go.

Not half way yet. Plenty of water to flow under Trowse bridge yet.I still expect a play off spot.

No, think they have gone - just two points from teams in the top half is a telling stat; anyway this squad is nowhere near good enough for another shot at the Prem. Think I''m now of the opinion would be best for us to bring in the youngsters and build a team for the future. Too many has beens and want aways still getting picked.

We will not make the top six if this incompetent,arrogant a**e of a manager is allowed to drag us down any further. Needs to be gone tomorrow.

Much more likely to get relegated than promoted. This shocking run isn''t gonna come to some miraculous end aslong as Alex Neil remains in charge. And unfortunately due to the boards complete lack of nous/courage and the fans passive acceptance of failure, Alex Neil looks likely to remain in charge for the foreseeable. Has a manager ever had two successive promotions followed by two successive relegations? If not we may very well be witnessing a first come May.

I understand only one club has ever got relegated from the Orem to champ and then champ to league 1 in successive seasons. And their CEO was..........

On current form we are relegation material.

If we stick with Neil then I think he will take us down.

As usual the board will realise this too late!

Fortunately our record against the lower half teams is very good otherwise I''d be more concerned about relegation than promotion. 2 points in 10 matches against top half opponents tells you all you need to know of our chances of the play offs

Top 2 is gone. Still a shout for the play offs though, keep AN and that will soon be gone as well.

If Neil stays, not a chance. Depressing transfer window ahead of us, with players leaving and the problem of attracting quality players in. A wasted opportunity and season.

Even if by some miracle we were to get up via the play offs under Neil. We would be absolutely slaughtered in the Premiership! We really must get rid!

As we''re only approaching the halfway mark, its obviously possible but based on what we now know about the division I would say its pretty unlikely.

Most of us started the season with the belief that we had a top two squad, and many on here seem to blame AN entirely for our current position. But for me the lesson of the season is that we were wildly optimistic in our assessment of the squad. Of course AN has made some mistakes, and frustratingly he sometimes doesn''t seem to have learn from them.

But the more fundamental problem is that although we may have one of the most technically gifted squads they don''t have the youth, energy and hunger to complete the teams around and above us.

I know many of them did it two years ago but that was two years ago and not now. Whilst its been great to see Jacob breaking into the team this year it also highlights just how many others look past their sell by date.

Unfortunately most of our fans seem to think anything other than promotion this season will be total failure so I don''t see AN taking any chances with any more youngsters but personally I would happily forget about promotion this season to start shifting out many of the first team and bringing in more of the promising youngsters.

I''ve never been a fan of loaning them out on the scale we do, we need to take some risks and find out whether they can make the grade with us. It may cost us in the short term but its the only way I can see us building a competitive squad for the next few years.

Good piece CM - my thinking very similar. Time to bring in the younger, hungrier players. Also wish AN woulkd try variations in the system - even Chris Hughton is playing 4-4-2 and two upfront.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]As we''re only approaching the halfway mark, its obviously possible but based on what we now know about the division I would say its pretty unlikely.

Most of us started the season with the belief that we had a top two squad, and many on here seem to blame AN entirely for our current position. But for me the lesson of the season is that we were wildly optimistic in our assessment of the squad. Of course AN has made some mistakes, and frustratingly he sometimes doesn''t seem to have learn from them.

But the more fundamental problem is that although we may have one of the most technically gifted squads they don''t have the youth, energy and hunger to complete the teams around and above us.

I know many of them did it two years ago but that was two years ago and not now. Whilst its been great to see Jacob breaking into the team this year it also highlights just how many others look past their sell by date.

Unfortunately most of our fans seem to think anything other than promotion this season will be total failure so I don''t see AN taking any chances with any more youngsters but personally I would happily forget about promotion this season to start shifting out many of the first team and bringing in more of the promising youngsters.

I''ve never been a fan of loaning them out on the scale we do, we need to take some risks and find out whether they can make the grade with us. It may cost us in the short term but its the only way I can see us building a competitive squad for the next few years.[/quote]

so basically tear it all up and start again just to give more of a chance to this fraud of a manager? No thank you.

I wouldn''t call it tear it up and start again because there are some players we can build around. But I would call it a comprehensive rebuilding of the squad because this one has proved that it hasn''t got what it takes.

Is that simple enough for you? As far I''m concerned that is the basic problem, whether we stick with AN or make a change. This squad is not going to get us promoted whoever the manager is.

An or A N Other i really don''t think we have the quality for the top 6.we might make the odd addition in January, however Injury/suspension will leave us with the same rubbish we currently have.strength in depth is not enough.

If we lose the next two games giving a run of 10 defeats in 12 games including the EFL cup tie at Leeds do you think this will be enough for even our soporific board to take action and axe Neil?

Well It doesn''t really matter tbh we''re just not good enough for promotion.

I did say I would give AN this transfer window to sort it out but in all honesty that is a waste of time. Tactically AN is miles of the pace, the game last night has made that painfully obvious.

We have to make the change and make it now.

She''s a stubborn old bird for sure. Claims to champion the fans whist calling them whingers. Pity there isn''t a modern day Saladin the Great to lead this crusader to enlightenment.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]I wouldn''t call it tear it up and start again because there are some players we can build around. But I would call it a comprehensive rebuilding of the squad because this one has proved that it hasn''t got what it takes.

Is that simple enough for you? As far I''m concerned that is the basic problem, whether we stick with AN or make a change. This squad is not going to get us promoted whoever the manager is.[/quote]

I completely disagree. this squad, motivated and properly coached by a competent manager has more than enough to gain promotion from this league in my opinion. Just my opinion and I accept we disagree on that. I think the board are backing the wrong horse in Neil. He has very little managerial ability and I think he is the main problem.

Agree with you faded jaded, we shouldn''t be having any jittery nerves over our table position and by March we will be comfortable enough.. I think the top 6 has gone though. Still think some people are being unrealistic at times in thinking we are better than we are and this leads to over-expectation and greater disappointment.

I do feel the interview has rather put Delia and the board in a corner. If they want to remove Alex, the decision would now look crass after her ill timed comments.

Meanwhile, if results don''t improve, she looks increasingly out of touch with her own clubs supporters.

No doubt Delia wants the best for the club, and I can''t really blame her for not wanting to sack a young man with a family, a week before Christmas.

I thought Moxey would an expensive nothing of an appointment given his track record at Wolves, and so far he hasn''t started to change my mind.