Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

What do you think's changed?

When AN arrived, none of us had heard of him. His first game (from the stands) engineered an incredible win against leaders Bournemouth.

And he went on to be the new messiah getting us promoted at first attempt.

But from then on in is it more a question of what hasn''t changed that is the problem?

Apart from one or two fantastic performances (against Man U) did the cracks start to appear. Inability to strengthen where we needed it (defense and strikers) and when it came in Klose, Pinto & Naismth it seemed too little too late. Most teams throw new players in at deep end. We seem to have a three month transfer transition policy. Klose looked great before getting injured, whilst Naismith & Pinto showed little as the inevitable grew nearer.

And an inability to change tactics and formations saw us defeated.

And now we are 10th, 13 points behind Newcastle. Seven defeats out of nine. And still we are playing the same formation.

So is it an inability of the manager to adapt, with both Premiership and now Champs teams finding us out, that means it''s now downhill from here.

It''s hard to question lack of investment as we have three £8m players in the squad. But the fact the manager hardly plays them, and can''t get results playing same formation almost every game is a tellling thing.

He may be an up and coming manager, but unless he learns how to change, and change quickly, I think he hit his peak two seasons ago, and we''re heading for hard times again as fans!

And perhaps it would be nice to hear from Moxey after each new defeat, so he can explain his "promotion, promotion, promotion" plan

It all coincides with stopping the pre match huddle, imo.... used to be the players would gee themselves up before kick off ann all would be fine, now they don''t do it anymore last thing they here is big Frankie as they leave the dressing room and i don''t think they understand him.

To answer the question "What do you think''s changed", the answer, sadly, seems to be "nothing". With hindsight you can probably attribute the good run followed by promotion via the play-offs to short-term new manager "bounce". Last season can surely only be seen as a complete failure (you''d have to be an extreme optimist to see relegation as anything else) and this season risks becoming an absolute disaster. An apparently strong squad regularly not producing the sum of its parts with the coaching and management staff seemingly unable to reverse the downward spiral. Surely this can''t be allowed to continue much longer.

I don''t think the formation is the problem. The main problem is the players mentality. Alex Neil''s instructions for the individual players to follow makes us so unbalanced. He hasn''t a clue how to set up a team as he''s proved.

Whats changed? Faith in the manager!!

Players and supporters that''s for sure.

But the board on the surface still seem to have faith in him.

But surely something must be going on in the background re suitable replacements . Clearly AN will not resign, who would and miss a pay off?

Out of his comfort zone in the PL, and this has continued this season. Confidence shot.

Got to go before he wastes more of the clubs money for bench sitters.

Change now may build for a proper attempt for a return to the PL next season. I fear this year the chance has gone.

Most of his signings have been rubbish, when he came here he worked with what he had and that seemed to suit him better. Now every transfer window the squad gets bigger and he hasn''t a clue what to do with them all.

We now have a large squad full of unmotivated players on decent wages. And a board of directors who don''t seem that bothered.

Just watched a football league show on Sky, and neutrals general consensus on there is that Alex Neil should be given more time.

morty wrote the following post at 17/12/2016 9:02 PM:

Just watched a football league show on Sky, and neutrals general consensus on there is that Alex Neil should be given more time.

They rarely come out and say sack the manager in those sorts of shows.

They said on channel 5 highlights show, that AN is in danger and Rowett is available. No mention or coverage of crowd unrest.

[quote user="morty"]Just watched a football league show on Sky, and neutrals general consensus on there is that Alex Neil should be given more time.[/quote]

Neutrals know f**k all about our club and how we have been playing. Anyone who thinks he should still be our manager and watches us regularly knows nothing about football in my opinion.

Seriously Jimbo. You aint all that buddy. I''ve read your posts for years and your rants usually end up contradicting eachother within a few months. I doubt anybody disagreeing with you would automatically know nothing about football. But if that was the case then it would usually include you ;)

[quote user="morty"]Just watched a football league show on Sky, and neutrals general consensus on there is that Alex Neil should be given more time.[/quote]

but did any of them give a reason or offer some sort of evidence that the guy is capable of changing the clubs fortune''s ?

Or is it based purely on the fact that his first 5 months at the club saw us promoted ?

In my humble opinion since the day at Wembley I have seen the guy achieve absolutely nothing, take away that promotion season and in the 60 league games that have followed AN has a win ratio of 25%

I am desperate for some hope here so please help me out give me something to cling to that could give me even a little glimmer of hope we have a chance under this guy ?