Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

That, ladies and gentlemen is what we're up against...

Clubs like Newcastle - money no object (most clubs are better placed financially, even taking into account parachute payments).Clubs on an upward spiral, like Brighton and Huddersfield.Clubs like Leeds, Derby, Reading all improving and real competition for promotion.Clubs like Sheff Wednesday, Birmingham and Fulham - all ambitious and capab;e of really good football.Clubs like Wolves, Aston Villa, yet to show full potential, but undoubtedly will over the rest of the season.Most of the rest - enough in them to cause teams at the top problems. Imo it is the most competitive league we''ve ever seen in terms of quality of opposition and the ability of any club to beat any other. It was tough last time we got out of the division, but this season is even tougher in terms of quality of opposition.  It''s a battle and as a club we need to dig in and pull together, rather than fall apart.  Can we do that?  Or is there too much divisiveness at the club, between management/players/fans?

Christ

What deluded Disney Movie of a world do you live in? ''Hey guys! As long we all stick together everything will be OH-KAY!''

The biggest thing we are up against is what is between the Carrow Road walls, not about any other team. If that had been taken care of, it doesn''t matter what others are doing.

The Championship has always been a competitive league. However, as we are allegedly one of those with a strong squad full of Premier League and international experience, and as we have had the benefit of a season Premier League income and now the parachute money, we really should be competing far more effectively. Many who go to matches every week, home and away, and witness first hand the consistent underperformance, do not share your apparent willingness to accept mediocrity.

Both matter ie the health of the opposition and our internal strengths and weaknesses. The top half of this division looks stronger than it has for years and the bottom half weaker. Our club is far from intensive care but our general state of health is not good but it is retrievable in a couple of seasons it may not be

It''s a competive league yes. But from what I''ve seen there a lot of very average teams which makes it more frustrating that we don''t at least try and compete with them in most games. We have sunk to their level alarmingly quickly.

Stupid threads from someone who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about but continues to believe he does and that ladies and gentlemen is what we''re up against.

[quote user="Bagster"]Stupid threads from someone who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about but continues to believe he does and that ladies and gentlemen is what we''re up against.[/quote]^^^This.

Newcastle and Brighton apart we started the season with more resources than the rest of the clubs above us. The difference is that they are all better managed organised and motivated pure and simple. This is not complicated if we were better organised managed and motivated we would be top 4 at least the solution is obvious get in competent management that can do the basics and build a team as opposed to a group of expensive players by championship standards that do not resemble a team at all. This is not about money and big names. We had 3 of neils signings who cost. £25m who were fit but he chose not to start on friday

I accept it''s a competitive league this season but we should still be able to be challenging for the top two. If we were performing vaguely acceptably and still in the position we are then I could live with that but we have not played to our capabilities all season.

[quote user="Jim the Canary"]The bell end of an OP might have some credibility if he actually attended the games but he doesn''t

He just criticises those that do[/quote]

Yes, I don''t go to many games - three this season so far - but I soak up as much as I can through listening,  reading everything I can, watch whenever I can.  Being outside the Carrow Road bubble gives me a different perspective than those that are there all the time.  You can say - and you would be right that it is not the same as being there - but that is my point. I''m not a neutral looking in, I''m a fan who can see things from a situation away from the immediate emotion of being there - following closely and looking in trying to understand what goes on and why we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot all the time.    I get it. I get the defensive lapses, the poor matches and inconsistent performances, as well as the good ones. The team isn''t as good as it should be. But losing it on the terraces isn''t going to help. Pulling together requires everyone to do the same.   Calling out the manager mid match  isn''t going to help. Booing isn''t going to help.  I might as well talk to the wall than be able to get through to some of you, but you saw how much Huddersfield enjoy their football, how much their fans are just enjoying the ride - like we did under Lambert.  That is what we have to get back to - enjoying the ride.  Team/manager can help that - but then you get a team like Huddersfield - enjoying their football, no pressure, fans enjoying their ride, putting a spanner in the works.  It''s a tough, tough league.Our ride is an uncomfortable one at the moment, we have the pressure, we''re not enjoying it, results aren''t good enough - but it is by no means a doom and gloom situation, despite the defeats, hard as it is, especially if you are at those matches.  There is time to improve and get things back on track. We lost 5-0 against Brighton, then won 5-0 against Brentford, so the problem is consistency - even within games.  Togetherness is great when you have it - and it really helps a club along - but lose it and it''s very difficult to get it back again.  It''s a  slippery slope, best to stop the slide - and that comes from everyone associated with the club - players, manager - and fans.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Clubs like Newcastle - money no object (most clubs are better placed financially, even taking into account parachute payments).Clubs on an upward spiral, like Brighton and Huddersfield.Clubs like Leeds, Derby, Reading all improving and real competition for promotion.Clubs like Sheff Wednesday, Birmingham and Fulham - all ambitious and capab;e of really good football.Clubs like Wolves, Aston Villa, yet to show full potential, but undoubtedly will over the rest of the season.Most of the rest - enough in them to cause teams at the top problems. Imo it is the most competitive league we''ve ever seen in terms of quality of opposition and the ability of any club to beat any other. It was tough last time we got out of the division, but this season is even tougher in terms of quality of opposition.  It''s a battle and as a club we need to dig in and pull together, rather than fall apart.  Can we do that?  Or is there too much divisiveness at the club, between management/players/fans?

[/quote]

This shows how little you know about football. Anyone who played football at a reasonable level will tell you that The Championship is the poorest in quality for many, many years. It is there for the taking, not that Norwich City have any chance while AN is still here, coupled with the comedy board.

To quote Robin Sainty ''The squad is rotten to the core''.

Forget all about promotion, not that the club wanted it this season anyway.

You''re denying the realities of being a passionate and involved football supporter. What do you think should happen? A gentle round of insincere applause for another inept performance? An outburst of unquestioning cheering from the masses, North Korea style? Or genuine reaction from those who have a right to express their concern at the Club''s current (lack of) direction.

[quote user="Sparge My Wort"]You''re denying the realities of being a passionate and involved football supporter. What do you think should happen? A gentle round of insincere applause for another inept performance ?  An outburst of unquestioning cheering from the masses, North Korea style? Or genuine reaction from those who have a right to express their concern at the Club''s current (lack of) direction.[/quote]Lakey would have been impressed with the Boy Tom and his other half who at the end of the game were clapping loudly like a pair of performing seals at the circus to the bewilderment of those who sit around the directors box.

Togetherness is not something that can be switched on and off. The fans haven''t just decided, burger this I can''t be bothered any more. Things are how they are because the team are under achieving, the performances lack the guts that we all want to see and ultimately the results have been way below what we all hope for.

I agree that togetherness is a powerful driver that will help the team do well. When it comes off, like under Worthington, Lambert and most recently under Neil a couple of years ago, it is almost palpable and engenders a confidence that we just can''t lose which spreads to the players.

That isn''t there at the moment and no amount of preaching from whichever mount you''re on this week is going to make it happen. It just doesn''t work that way.

Til1010

Lakey would have been impressed with the Boy Tom and his other half who at the end of the game were clapping loudly like a pair of performing seals at the circus to the bewilderment of those who sit around the directors box.

And visibly laughing towards fans who were shouting at the directors box, when a simple "hands up" would have diffused the moment, a recipe for more of the same i fear.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Til1010

Lakey would have been impressed with the Boy Tom and his other half who at the end of the game were clapping loudly like a pair of performing seals at the circus to the bewilderment of those who sit around the directors box.

And visibly laughing towards fans who were shouting at the directors box
, when a simple "hands up" would have diffused the moment, a recipe for more of the same i fear.[/quote]Shows what an arrogant lot they are.....................

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Til1010

And visibly laughing towards fans who were shouting at the directors box, when a simple "hands up" would have diffused the moment, a recipe for more of the same i fear.[/quote]As pete has just said on his thread......Arrogance.